What will your next phone be?

Guest deiwise

Guest deiwise

Hi.

I was an early adopter of the SPV, primarily because my trusty (and missed) 6210 was dying, and I was tempted by the GPRS promo-deal (now ended?)

Overall though, I've not been impressed with the phone, and miss my 6210. I find it slow, illogically planned features and more like a "beta" product than a mainstream phone. So I'm already looking what will be available in the next 6-8 months, and was wondering what people in this forum (which has become a noisy place since I last looked!) are planning on their next phone being.

Personally I only found GPRS useful for sending emails, and receiving the odd one when on holiday. Browsing is painfully slow, so until UTMS or A.N.Other higher-speed (and cheaper) connection becomes available I'm only interested in a phone which has some solid features, but not one that's trying too hard to become an "everything" phone.

In fact, the main feature of the SPV I most use is the calander and synching with Outlook which is mostly excellent.

So - what will your next phone be?

Will

Guest Firaas
By who?  And what do you want out of 3G?

Would like it to be Orange, but they probably won't be 3g-ready at the time, so maybe Three.

What do I want? Exactly what I wanted from the SPV - the latest technology and a device that can do everything!

i personally dont use my phone for that much web browsing and i could get by without messenger---i nice small phone that had a few good games an MP3/movie player with large storage and the ability to read emails--dont really need any of the 3g stuff and the plug on camera does me fine. :roll:

Guest Chris b.a.r.f.

Not sure what my next phone'll be - but it *must* have an MP3 player, which rules out the Nokia 6650 :) Shame really, looks like it might be the first decent Nokia in ages...

Guest vampyre69

Mine will one of few....

- A sony ericson PDA style phone running software that will sync directly into osx.

- A nokia 3G phone if they stop designing w@nky looking Early Learning style phones. I'm a big Nokia fan but I think there design team have just been smoking to many peace-pipes for my liking :smile:

- Another smartphone that is as well designed as the SPV.

- Or an Apple palm-style phone that will be running on 3G that will never actually materialise so why I'm even bothering writting this I don't know :wink:

- Or my own phone that I had custom built because I won the lottery 5 weeks in a row. :)

Guest Richie M

Wait and see whats available when my contracts up in November :)

It's gonna be a good year for phone Tech so who knows whats about then, I'm very happy with my SPV, does everything i could wish for.

But i would like a PDA type phone, running Smartphone 2003 ?

Guest Syvwlch

I know it sounds daft... but I like my SPV. No urge to change at the mo.

So to answer your question, prolly something nice and stable, with roughly the same feature set, in a 18 months' time?

I thought about WiFi support but, that'd be more useful on a PocketPC or TabletPC or such

Orange will be launching a 3g service on their network, early testing will begin later in the year but wont be commercially available till much later. Im gonna wait for oranges 3g services personally.

Guest casper508

The main reason for buying the SPV was the MP3/Media player and the Camera cos no other phone had both of em together. Another reason was free MMS/GPRS offer.

As it turns out I hardly have anyone to exchange MMS with as most of my mates arent on Orange and Xnet MMS has really been s**t.

Although the 3G phones look wicked but if im gonna pay some £50 odd quid a month, i want to make use of that service. And honestly I dont see many ppl jumping at that kinda offer. So i'll be waiting to see how the technology unfolds.

Speaking primarily on phones now, my next phone would be a one with the combined capabilities of a P800 and the SPV with video messaging and the size of a T68 (bigger screen ofcourse) :) :( ;)

So what shall we call that phone. A CAS508 maybe :D :lol:

I guess ill have to wait for some time then. :(

Cas

Guest spacemonkey

Something with an inbuilt camera. I personally like the smartphone 2002 OS so I think that will be a definite feature choice.

See what's out when my contract runs out.