newbie here

Guest edward

Guest edward

Good day everyone.

Finally got my smart amazing phone.

Good thing there are forums such as this to help out.

Ive downloaded sms tools from a previous thread. Question is ,how do i install it? file extensions shows xml document and 001 file.

Please help.

Thanks.

Guest dyey

hey there :)

if you downloaded a .cab file, don't unzip/unrar it on your desktop pc. copy the .cab file somewhere on your phone using activesync (i usually put mine in IPSMwindowsstart menuaccessories), then open that file in your phone.

if you downloaded a .exe file, just connect your phone to the usb port using the cradle then run the program from your pc. it'll automatically install the app to your phone.

hope that helps

Guest edward

dyey,

thanks for that quick reply.

My problem is it isnt a cab or exe file.

It has 2 files. one has an extension xml document while the other shows 001 file.

what to do?

thanks again

Guest jabonga

bakit ganun

unable to install "Binary -smart explorer EN" at this location ang lumalabas pag iniinstall ko ung smart explorer.

Guest dyey

lol... i'm not sure about both your problems. the sms tools that i downloaded before were in cab form so i didn't have any problems installing it :?

jabonga: just click the .cab in your phone to install it :)

try looking at www.coolsmartphone.com . andun na lahat yan :(

Guest dinoalbert

@edward Actually those two files you see are the files "inside" the cab file. What you donwloaded is a cab file (SMS tools.cab)...you must have mistaken it as a zip file. Just dont unzip it....otherwise, you will unzip the two files : xml and 001. If you right-click the file, you will see in its properties that it has a .cab file extension, NOT a zip file.

@jabonga Using Active Sync, just copy and past that cab file in IPSMwindowsstart menuAccessories. Then using your phone, go to Programs-->Accessories then click on SMS Tools and the installation will start.