registry tweak help

Guest simonastro

Guest simonastro

dear tweakers

midnight - I've successfully followed some of your tweaks but need further assistance with the sounds on staorage card. I've ploughed through all the sounds options in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/controlPanel/Sounds and got my main ringtone, sms, email etc all working. I cannot, however, find an option for the custom ringtones. Does it exist or will I have to keep these back on the phone?

cheers

simonastro

Guest midnight

If you mean custom ringers for individual contacts, this is stored in the contacts.udb (unified database), and not in the registry, i may have a go at creating a program to be able to edit this sometime (but very busy doing other stuff at the moment, so could be a while)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Wingers

To set up the Custom Ringtones for contacts edit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER

ControlPanel

SoundCategories

Ring

Directory

and change the value data to the directory of your ringtones

eg. Storage CardRingtones

then reboot. Now if you go to Contacts - Custom Ringtone, every ringtone in your selected directory is available :lol:

Wingers

Guest midnight

err, yeh, found this one a while ago, never mentioned it cos my phone kept locking up and resetting, but, errr, if you have done it without problems then maybe its just my phone screwing around :lol:

*EDIT - yup, still locking my phone up whenever you go into Sounds, luckily no phone reset this time :D

Guest mavisdavis

:lol: Midnight I`m having the same trouble as you.My phone locks up just checking it doesnt reset......Yep it`s reset :D

Guest midnight

hmmm, doubt its that m8, works fine in sounds, just not in sound categories, my feeling is there may be two reg entries (or even a flaw in the windows os) for this which are conflicting with each other and causing the phone to fall over basically.

• 4 weeks later...

I am probably overlooking something here and cant try out atm, phone nr beeing transfered today, but I can just go into contacts and asign a custom ringtone, wav or the standard one, whichever I want. Cant check if it actually works, I cannot reach my phone atm.

• 1 year later...
Guest tud99cs

How do I get to: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/controlPanel/Sounds" in my phone to edit the sound settings? I've looked in every folder but can't seem to find my way.