Ericson T68i....any good?

Guest Vector

Guest casper508

One of the best phones ive had. Doesn't do too much tho but is good at what it does. If all that your mum needs is a phone and not a techie gadget then id say its alright.

Cas

P.S. N7210s are also becoming very common now

Guest HelloDave

When I tried one it was a nice little phone, though the T9 takes some getting used to if you're coming from a Nokia. My friend had one and had to have new firmware though, becuase he couldn't get a signal in his house (what do you expect with one2no-one I say :wink:)

Guest yatpeak

My dad had one, and it's great! It's tiny and has loads on it. Only thing I'd really consider looking into is the screen, as it's not nearly as good as advertised.

Also, the camera is rubbish.

Wyatt

Guest ricmoo2003

it was the best phone i ever had apart from SPV. had it for 14 months then sold it on ebay for 160 quid, result..

The screen is a bit pants but it does what it says on the packet. never had the camera so can't comment.

Guest casper508
Also, the camera is rubbish.

Depends which camera your using mate. If it was the MCA-10 aka Communicam-1 then i dont disagree. However MCA-20 (Communicam 2)and MCA-25 (Communicam 3) are far better than that. The only difference between the MCA-20 and MCA-25 (with respect to the T68) is the viewfinder on the MCA-25. It also has the ZOOMIN feature but is only supported by T300. And ofcourse the PRICE difference :)

I used the MCA-25 for a while. Altho the on screen pic is pants but the actual image is better than the N7650s IMO once you transfer it to the PC.

Cas

Guest Big Ron - No Longer a Mem

156 calls about the MMS settings for the T68i were suspiciously high - it seems to "forget" the config setings periodically. But a quick call to 156 will get you a SIM upgrade that fixes the problem. If you like the idea of a T68, why not go for the T300? My son has one, and they're on offer at www.scancom.co.uk : You get the phone and every plug in extra they do for 99p on a £15 a month T-mobile contract. That includes a camera, (+ a case for it) an MP3 player, and either a laser pointer and a torch or an FM radio (depending on what's in stock) The MP3 player comes with a 32meg SD card and a crappy Parallel port card reader (no drivers available for XP!) but if you replace the reader with a "six-in-one" USB reader (£11 if you shop around) it's a neat little gadget. You also get a stereo hands free kit, and they have "Trio" packs - car recharger, leather case and mono hands free kits for a fiver. So, six quid gets you quite a lot of gear: almost a "build it by numbers" SPV!