Speaking Clock v1.2

Guest benjymous

Guest Deemon
Nice one m8, if you assign it to a "Speed-Dial" you get the time told to you at a press of a button :)

NICE ;)

dammit i hate asking NOOB like questions...but how do you do that ?

Guest midnight

erm, using smart explorer create a shortcut, place it in IPSM/Windows/Start Menu/Accessories or somethin.

that will give you a link in your accessories folder, now, go back to your home screen, select programs>next>next>accessories go to the speaking clock app, press menu, then select Add speed dial, and assign a number (i have mine set to 8 ), and thats it, whenever you are on the home screen, just hold down that number for a second or two and the time wil be spoken to you :wink:

Guest Deemon

lol...yeah just found it..thanks....never thought to look there....thought there was a speeddial setup screen....

Move along....nothing to see here

Guest STuFF
(also I'd be greatful if anyone can tell me why PlaySound refuses to pick up sounds in the current directory of the exe, forcing me to hard code paths)

I dont know if you found the solution, but here it is :

For an unknown reason, Windows CE CAN'T use absolut path. You always MUST give him full path. That's what you do. The trick is that we have a special function that returns the full path of the running app. this function is :

WINAPI DWORD GetModuleFileName(

HMODULE hModule,

LPWSTR lpFilename,

DWORD nSize );

so you can do :

TCHAR path[MAX_PATH];

GetModuleFileName( NULL, path, MAX_PATH );

you will have in path, the full path of your app, including the application .exe

(Storage CardProgram Filesmyapp.exe)

then you just have to play with it to just keep the real path...

hope it helps...

• 1 month later...
Guest Monolithix [MVP]
Here's a quick little app I knocked together in the afternoon (as I was bored, and getting fed up trying to make my ident server work, but anyway..)

Speaking Clock

This is a simple app knocked together in an afternoon. When run, your phone will read out the time time (with a posh female British accent!).

To install, just unzip it, copy the clock folder to your storage card, and create a shortcut from the SpeakingClock.exe file to your start menu.

Note that in this current version, the sounds have to be in Storage Cardclock else it won't find them (if the clock just makes beeping noises, then that's why)

Note: this will only work on an un-certified phone.

If you want to modify this to use a different voice, just replace the wav files with your own (it should be fairly straightforward to work out what sounds are needed)

Followed the instructions correctly?

Guest TheDon

Followed instructions to the letter.

The clock works great but am trying to add a speed dial.

It's the speed dial not the clock that won't work!!!

:oops:

Guest Rob.P

benjymous

Great app, I downloaded it off Mono's site as your section was shut down due to bandwidth probs.

Still got prob with it being 1 hour slow, do I have the wrong version?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

My version is out of date (assuming the latest version fixed the prob), i'll update it later tonight but for the meantime you can download the latest version from the ifrst post in this thread.

Guest Rob.P

Thanks Mono, if I'd have actually engaged my brain I would have noticed that attachment version number was different to the one you have.

(o sweet caffine where art thou when I need u)