Compal Red-E SC1100 @ ebay

Guest pisquee

Guest pisquee

I really don't know what i will do - I now have 2 smartphones (aswel as a Palm IIIxe, a nokia 6210 and 7110) I like the idea of trying to develop apps for smartphone - though i aint done any programming since my BBC B+ !

Still kinda in shock to be honest, but excited about new toy!

Guest awarner [MVP]
IMPORTANT NOTES

Beware - many e bay sellers are offering phones with non-english operating systems, phones which were previously locked and hacked into to remove the lock (results in a unstable phone which crashes)

Really :? what phones do you mean?

Guest nickcornaglia

How stable are these phones? The guy selling is from my home town!

I could buy the phone for 100 bucks and sell my spv for 300.

Would you say that is worth it?

Guest pisquee

Oh yeah, didn't see any others in my search, although the one i found doesn't have a reserve, bidding is only $50 now - still a bargain - and looking at the bidding looks loke florin is using it to replace his bust one.

Guest midnight

errr, i dont know how much ebay buying you guys do, but the bidding only goes mad for the last day of the bid, except this to go over $400

Guest nickcornaglia

I know...on most items...except this may be one that really isn't seen.

I lost an SPV on ebay for $200 at the last second around 2 months ago.

$200!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wound up buying one for $405 and that was a deal at the time when most were going for $550+ on ebay.

I only said $100 if it was one of those sleeper items.

So, I ask again....Given the opportunity and a good deal, would you relinquish your SPV for this phone?

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I'm going to use mine for the next week, but i'll go back to my SPV after that. The keypad is nice but thats the only real improvement, and the screen is ~terrible~. I've just reflashed the latest firmware onto the compal and its barely noticably faster than the SPV. Side by side test show that there is .5 sec speed increase at most.

If you are fed up of the SPV get a Tanager, it had the benefit of the nicer keypad and a great screen to boot.