Matrix theory... (WARNING: Potential Spoilers!!)

Guest Brody

Guest Brody

Surely if they reject the matrix but "believe" that they are out of it when they are put into Zion then they would no longer seek other things, therefore there would be no rejection...

Guest adam

It could be something to do with the link between him and Smith that Smith talked about. Alas, we'll probably just have to wait till November to find out!

Guest ClintEastman

"The Kid" is going to be a big part of story i think. He is the only person to break out the Matrix on his own... That must mean something? Oh and mono, with out Kung Fu these movies wouldn't have been writen, the brothers wanted to make the coolest Kung Fu movies ever (yes, they are Kung Fu movies) :)

Guest adam

Aren't they philosophical-sci-fi-kung-fu-loads of other genres that I can't quite think of at 12:30 films.

And Clint, refresh my tired memory, which one was the kid?

Guest Brody

There's absolutely no way that Clint means the spoon kid as, unless i missed something, there is no reference to how he was pulled out of the matrix whatsoever.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Or its part of the animartix ;p

Clint: Yeah i can see that, but they managed just fine in the first one without the overkill :)

Guest ClintEastman
Or its part of the animartix ;p
Spot on, it's one of the stories, no one contacts him yet he knows who Neo is, "Save me Neo" but he ends up saving himself (involving a good skate scene!!).

Clint: Yeah i can see that, but they managed just fine in the first one without the overkill :)

I see your point mono, but i for one (as im sure would hve 95% of viewers) would have moaned my arse off if there wasn't a load of action in this one (it's the way of the matrix).

As for Zion being part of/an other/an older matrix i don't think so....

For agent smith makeing it into the REAL world whats to say he couldn't imprint his subjective consciousness onto living tisue (at the end of the day all our brains are a powerfull organic computers, i read in the New Scientist not so long ago about an adding computer made from the nervous systems of leeches).

With regards to Neo's attack on the sentinels, remember he is an intergral part of the matrix, at ONE with it, carrying parts of its code with him, the sentinals are also connected to the matrix (there are also sentinals that work on the side of good, that have been shown the way) so neo has an affect in the matrix and on the parts connected to the matrix.

One last thing, i don't think they do get rid of the matrix in the next one, everything done about the matrix fits together, the story continues after Revolutions in the form of Matrix Online (they said it picks up the story from the end of the film) and i know for a fact that it takes place in "The Matrix City" (stange thing about the city's, the matrix seems to only have one, the real world humans only have one, and the machines only have one). So does that mean that they come to an agrement with the machines (that's all the machines wanted in the first place, before the humans tried the perform tech ethnic cleansing on them with automatic machines guns, and we know that people over a certain age can't be removed from the matrix because there minds can't cope). As we know it all ends with Agent Smith in the last film and he has his own agenda to wipe out all life (not the agender of the Matrix, as life is power).

Just a thought or two.... :(

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

I agreee with you Clint, i don't think the Matrix is within another Matrix, alothugh it was one of the first things that occured to me after seeing the first. I also havd the same theories over Smith taking over the physical body and Neo's real-world powers.

Don't forget the machines are fighting for survival just as much as the humans (to quote Clint, "life is power").

Guest ukpauls
ClintEastman says:

With regards to Neo's attack on the sentinels, remember he is an intergral part of the matrix, at ONE with it, carrying parts of its code with him, the sentinals are also connected to the matrix (there are also sentinals that work on the side of good, that have been shown the way) so neo has an affect in the matrix and on the parts connected to the matrix.  

you mean like wireless or bluetooth :)

ClintEastman says:

As we know it all ends with Agent Smith in the last film and he has his own agenda to wipe out all life (not the agender of the Matrix, as life is power)

this it a bit what i was thinking

as i think this maybe why he was trying to get neo, as if he was able to take over the one then he would be able to do anything!!!!

Guest adam

Something you might find interesting.

From the duolouge between Neo and the Architect:

" I am the Architect. I created the matrix. I've been waiting for you. You have many questions, and although the process has altered your consciousness, you remain irrevocably human. Ergo, some of my answers you will understand, and some of them you will not. Concordantly, while your first question may be the most pertinent, you may or may not realize it is also irrelevant."

As well as the emboldened words meaning "Therefore, some..." it could be a reference to "Cogito Ergo Sum" - "I think, therefore I am" - Descartes.

Guest antz

I think everyone here has got their own theory about this, and we wil alll have to wait for the third film to come out to see how close they are to the truth! Surely there will be a logical explanation to all this, for now there is nothing we can do but watch the 2 films again and wait.. Either that or find and follow the white rabbit!

Guest SirGaz

Slightly off topic, but did anyone stay behind and watch the brief trailer for Revolutions after the credits had gone up? I didn't know about this and left when the credits rolled, only to find out about it last night. Apparently there is a scene with LOADS of agent smiths on one side of a road and Neo on the other, just waiting for a huge fight.

Guest siu99spj

Yep there was, sort of. It seemed more like lots of Agent Smiths lining a road (Both sides) with Neo fighting the ORIGINAL Agent Smith.

It also had lots and lots of rain. And so much goodness I don't think I'll be able to contain myself until November!

But then of course there's always CA2:Full Throttle (Purely aesthetics :wink:) and T3 to enjoy...

Guest siu99spj

Depends which trailer you've seen though I must admit, I'm ALWAYS apprehensive when a film gets this much hyping. That either means its going to be absolutely ace (T2), or a pile of cack (Hmm, which should I choose? Universal Soldier 2 is probably the worst, for now).

Anyway, if we want to talk T3 this is DEFINITELY NOT the thread to do it.

Guest ukpauls
Slightly off topic, but did anyone stay behind and watch the brief trailer for Revolutions after the credits had gone up?  I didn't know about this and left when the credits rolled, only to find out about it last night.  Apparently there is a scene with LOADS of agent smiths on one side of a road and Neo on the other, just waiting for a huge fight.

go to http://homepage.ntlworld.com/c.harden1/matrix3.rar for the trailer that goes on your spv. but if need post reply and i put up the origanal divx