different sim

Guest ChrisJM

any sim should work on SPV if it is SIMunlocked. This can be done using the software described in Articles section. Some features like GPRS may not work properly, but that is 'network/tariff-specific' features.

PS: I noticed SPV being much more stable with its original Orange SIM card. My other one (a few years old) makes it crash on receiveng calls sometimes.. Very annoying.

Guest midnight

erm, you already asked this once, and the topic was locked, the reason being 'no cross posting', in other words, this has all been asked 100 times before.

anyways, i aint having a go at you, but, watch yerself, just warning you cos the mod's wont be happy.

on a more helpfull note, try :

Sim unlocking

GPRS settings repository is where you can get most settings, not seen any virgin ones yet tho.

Guest Syvwlch

I have the Virgin Wap CSD settings, but I'm not sure Virgin even has GPRS yet. Certainly wasn't listed in the What Mobile magazine list...

Dial-Up # : +44 7953 968988

Username : user

Password : wap

Gateway : www.virginmobile.com

IP : 149.254.001.010

If you DO manage to get it working, tell us about it!

He doesnt need the virgin networks gprs settings he needs the orange gprs setting if he is on an ovp tarrif. I have personally answered this question before so am not willing to answer the same question twice (especially as the same person keeps asking it)

Guest ChrisJM

been to carphone warehouse.They said aslong as its on an orange network(any tarrif)You can enable gprs :)

probably enabling it tonight any one got a phone no sim for sale.PM me :wink: