Brightpoint Service Center Thread

Guest rtsport

Guest rtsport

Hi

I just got myself a Smart Amazing Phone from someone via a trade.

However, I do not have the receipt because the person I bought it from lost it.

I called up Brightpoint and they won't accept the phoe unless I provide a copy of the receipt... even though the SMART logo is on the unit.

I even told them that the phone must be covered by the warranty period because the Smart Amazing Phone was just launched this year - 2003.

Can somebody please help me?

Thanks

Guest dinoalbert

You have to convince them that it is not a stolen phone....so I guess you really have to show some proof

Let the 1st owner of the phone talk to them, probably his name is still in their database...

• 2 months later...
Guest mariolouis

mine did not come with a receipt either coz i got it for free at plan 1335. it was delivered to me by an agent. so how do i do the convincing? any suggestions? i'm planning to have my soft keys replaced this weekend. TIA.

one more thing, are they still sloppy repairing the unit? dents and marks around the phone.. fingerprint smudges.. thanks again!

Guest dinoalbert

better ask Smart about it since you got the phone by subscribing to them :wink:

as for Brightpoint, I had my keypads changed a couple of weeks ago (it was my 2nd visit, the 1st was when I had my motherboard changed)..... I checked my phone but I didnt see any problem, no marks, dents, smudges....just tell them before handing over your unit, to be extra carefull :wink:

Guest mar9118
mine did not come with a receipt either coz i got it for free at plan 1335. it was delivered to me by an agent. so how do i do the convincing? any suggestions? i'm planning to have my soft keys replaced this weekend. TIA.

one more thing, are they still sloppy repairing the unit? dents and marks around the phone.. fingerprint smudges.. thanks again!

You should ask the agent for help, they have special account with Smart and all sales thru them are in their database, and being a plan holder makes it even easier because your bills wil serve as proof of ownership.

Guest spv_dman

I think included in the box is a certificate of ownership and/or your 1st SMART billing statement should include the handset make and model acquired and payed for. However, I doubt if it will be indicative on when you purchased the unit. I'm from smart but not from customer care so I don't have much of an idea on how they handle such situation (brightpoint disagrees to honor warranty due to lack of receipt). You may want to call up brightpoint first to inquire whether the certificate of ownership and billing statement would suffice in place of the receipt. If they disagree, talk it over with the agent and convince him/her to issue an authorization letter signed by his/her manager so brightpoint will accept your unit for repairs. :)

Guest dope_me

last month my sap went dead when i was trying the qtek upgrade w/ the 1.5 version of smart.

i brought my phone to brightpoint for a software reset to 1.3, they did not ask me for a receipt, i even told them the phone was not mine.

but after the repair there was dust on my phone's display.

i dont know how it got there since you need not open the phone when doing software installations.

Guest mar9118
last month my sap went dead when i was trying the qtek upgrade w/ the 1.5 version of smart.  

i brought my phone to brightpoint for a software reset to 1.3, they did not ask me for a receipt, i even told them the phone was not mine.

but after the repair there was dust on my phone's display.

i dont know how it got there since you need not open the phone when doing software installations.

Check this out may be helpful :wink:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=89802

Guest dinoalbert

I am supposed to do this procedure on a friend's phone. Ganito ba talaga mangyayari pag nag-flash ng Qtek rom sa phone with Smart rom 1.5?

Would you suggest na hindi ko na ituloy ang balak namin gawin sa phone nya?

Sa akin kase noon walang problema kase 1.3.6 ang rom ko when I upgrade to Qtek 1.5

Guest dinoalbert

hehe nabasa ko lang kse yung post ni dope_me eh ganun din balak ko gawin so nagtanong na rin ako dito :)

pero ganun na nga gagawin ko...yung sagot mo sa kabilang thread. Kaya lanag di ko na alam ano yung link ng Smart 1.3.7.8 download

Guest kapitan jackal

i know smart has a database of all mobile phones (sold). well, correct me if im wrong, but they should have 8)

@marioluis- what's wrong with your soft key?

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys. i posted the query on brightpoint on this thread na. don't want to threadjack the other one.

well, i got my unit back, the front looks good as new. even the crack in the casing i posted on another is gone. but grifter is right, there's a fingerprint on the screen! but it seems to be only on the screen cover. i didn't notice it earlier as it's only visible on certain light angles, at least the scratch on the screen cover is gone too. and i may be able to remove the print by following the painting thread method.

@grifter, they don't sell the keypad and screen covers. they don't sell any part of the phone.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

@rodnav,

A ok. thanks for the feedback. :)

Btw, if you take the cover apart, DON'T touch the LCD. Even if there's dust, don't try to remove it. My friend tried to clean the LCD and ended up with a scratched LCD.

Here's a question:

by policy, sim unlocked units will have their warranty void right?

so, if I upgrade my GF's SAP to I-Mate or Qtek, etc. BUT WILL NOT UNLOCK the phone, theoretically and based on the policy, my GF's SAP should still be warrantied diba?

magulo ba? hehe... ;)

Guest mariolouis

@bragol

wala naman sira yung lens. wala lang.. gusto ko lang papalitan. hehehe! kasama naman yun mapapalitan pag pinalitan nila yung softkeys di ba?

@grift

correct! teka, kala ko ba di ka na SPAMlik ng BP?

@ML,

hindi ako yung SPAMlik, GF ko po. lapit na masira left softkey.

yung nagpapalit ako ng softkeys, hindi naman napalitan lens e. Kasi yung softkey nakadouble-sided tape lang sa frame ng casing.

Guest mariolouis

@grift

GF mo ba? syempre sasamahan mo yun! ikabit mo na yung hidden cam natin. ;)

sino ba yung nagsabi na magkakasama yung buong bezel, lens at softkey? yung keypads lang ang hiwalay.

@ML,

pag sumama ako, baka ma-highblood ako! hehe...

may nagsabi nga na buong front cover daw papalitan, pero hindi e. yung SAP ko dati may tama sa bezel, kala ko papalitan na, yun pala pagbalik ng unit, may tama pa rin. ;)