Brightpoint Service Center Thread

Guest rtsport

Ganun ba? Kung 17k, wag ko na lang ipagawa. anong say nyo? Maski nga siguro 10k, parang sayang na... May suggestion ba kayo? I am using my old cell na... (panahon pa ng humukay ng ilog, he, he, he...kainis!) Magkano ba ang unit lang na SAP?

Guest jasin14

oo nga around 14-17k nga nabasa ko sa mga threads dito at sa iba pa.. better buy a new one kung ganon haha 14 lang bago eh.. may 12 nga eh warranted pa.. or better buy a second hand na lang na good condition, mga 10k complete set mint condition, 9k not so mint condition, check out buy and sell thread in this forum :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest garfield03

Hi! Smart always call me up for an upgrade to there 1.7 version. But my phone now is unlock using QTEK. I wonder if their is a big difference with the 1.7? Alsom Will I still be able to unlock it if I do upgrade?

hayup talaga ang BRIGHTPOINT NA YAN. my phone wont turn on and they claim na board na daw ang sira.kailangan na daw palitan ang board and i have no choice but to have them upgrade my ROM to 1.7.their new boards "DAW" come with 1.7.bakit ganun?isnt it supposed to be my choice wether to upgrade or not?eh paano kung power switch lang yun kaya ayaw mag-on,papalitan pa rin nila ng board??BRIGHTPOINT REALLY SUCKS!

Guest dinoalbert

@garfield03

if you have no plans of using Globe or other networks with your SAP, the go for the Smart 1.7....BUT if you want it open-line, I suggest DO NOT upgrade to that rom as it will sim-lock your SAP and you will have a hard time unlocking it.

Anyway, IMO pareho lang ang features ng Qtek (yung bagong version na may bug fixes) at ng Smart 1.7

Guest jasin14
hayup talaga ang BRIGHTPOINT NA YAN. my phone wont turn on and they claim na board na daw ang sira.kailangan na daw palitan ang board and i have no choice but to have them upgrade my ROM to 1.7.their new boards "DAW" come with 1.7.bakit ganun?isnt it supposed to be my choice wether to upgrade or not?eh paano kung power switch lang yun kaya ayaw mag-on,papalitan pa rin nila ng board??BRIGHTPOINT REALLY SUCKS!

board ang sira? libre palit? don't worry.. there's a procedure to go back to qtek kung naka 1.7 ka na :)

Guest casperr

Do they really have a way to find out if you had openlined the phone? I doubt it. They are really just trying to scare people.

They can see under the sim card holder? I think that's all BS.

It's the ROM you are running, just make sure you have SMART ROM when you bring your phone to BP and just downgrade or make it openline again afterwards.

And what is that receipt they are looking for? I dont have any sort of receipt whatsoever. I only got this from somebody who got this unit from subscription. There is a receipt there that says it came from Smart though but price was like 800 only or lower. This is annoying since they can check through IMEI if the phone is warrantied or not, so why bother with this?

Guest jasin14

i have read from a forum na ung ibang smartphone has 17 IMEI.. usually dpat 15 lang... pag 17 na.. inopenline na daw un.. 15 kc ang standard for IMEI..

Guest casperr

I dont know how credible this information is.

I have never heard of IMEI being changed or added when a phone has been openline. I am pretty sure this is just a BS info from smart trying to scare people from making the phone openline

Guest dinoalbert

IMEI can also be seen sa sticker at the back of the unit....kaya open-line man o simlocked, hindi pwedeng magbago yan (unless pinalitan ang sticker...which is illegal)

magkano ba papalit ng keypads and joystick sa BP kung walang warranrty??? kse binili ko lang SAP k sa grinhills pero complete accessories including the box... gagawin din ba nila un kahit hindi ko binili ung fone ng nka line?

Guest dinoalbert
hindi sya bago.. nadadagdagan ng two characters sa huli.. i've seen my classmates' too.. ganon din... 17 na

paano nadagdagan? pinalitan nila yung sticker sa likod ng unit or sinulatan nila ng 2 digits yung dating nakasulat sa likod? :shock:

@*

nagiging 17 digits yung IMEI if it's openlined and you tried to use sim other than smart... ganyan ang nangyari sa akin when i brought my unit to BP to replace my soft & call keys... void na raw ang warranty kasi gumamit na raw ako ng globe sim...

FYI

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
@*

nagiging 17 digits yung IMEI if it's openlined and you tried to use sim other than smart... ganyan ang nangyari sa akin when i brought my unit to BP to replace my soft & call keys... void na raw ang warranty kasi gumamit na raw ako ng globe sim...  

FYI

pare bakit yung phone ko....open line (network unlocked) pero 15 digits pa rin ang IMEI (accessed via *#06#) and napa service ko na sa BP ng libre nung december. :wink:

kahapon lang ginamitan ko to ng globe sim. :lol:

Guest casperr

Weird, but as I said, my phone has been openline since November and I had been using Globe more than Smart. I am using globe now and I rarely use smart because I can access yahoo wap for free sa globe.

Triple checked, talagang 15 lang IMEI ko, besides, i brought this last week december sa BP and they replaced all my complaints for free

couldnt ur SAP be one of the earlier releases of SMART?im using smart's service unit ryt now as a temporary replacement for mine.the IMEI also has 15 digits.obvious na sinauna to coz 1.3.7.8 lang ang ROM version nito.

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
pero nung na-openline mo, di mo pa siya nagamitan ng ibang sim?

nagamitan na pare. yung huli kong gamit ng ibang sim kahapon lang. :wink:

ako umpisa from smart 1.3.7.8 to qtek 1.5 then ngayon orange 1.6....network unlocked...15 digits pa rin...

libre palit softkeys nung pina service ko last december 2003...baka nadala sa 'face value' :lol: 8)