Emulater or XML viewer..

Guest ChrisB

Guest drblow

Mmm... I got the app to install OK - when I unzipped the original file it seemed to create the IPSM folder for me!!

But when I run it, I get the same 'unknown colour' message, & no xml opens. I followed the instructions to the letter. Have attatched the xml file - it is a customised version of reload blue by Midnight, & it uses folders within the home folder - would that be a problem??

Hopefully we can make this app great with a little beat of team work - coz it looks to have a lot of potential!!

Reload_Blue003.home.zip

Guest Deemon

yeah the colour thing is happening cos we arent parsing the colour style stuff...Chris is going to do a new version that does that....note that you wont be able to see that stuff in the tool yet....

I actually created the directory structure when i made the zip..just to save you all time :-)

The additional folders might be a problem...basically theres so much flexibility within the XML files that It would be really hard to support everything. He doesnt have that much spare time to devote to the tool Im afraid.....Hes gonna take a look at this thread and see what things can be done...we shall have to see how it goes...

Guest drblow
yeah the colour thing is happening cos we arent parsing the colour style stuff...Chris is going to do a new version that does that....note that you wont be able to see that stuff in the tool yet....

Ok m8! Could you post an xml that we can see?

Look forward to more progress - & don't worry about the time factor, everybody will I'm sure wait patiently, coz this could be a major breakthrough for skinners everywhere!! :)

Guest Deemon

well oddly the cheerleader one works fine for me !!!

(well excpet for a little bug that only shows up in the viewer...tis fine on the spv)

the alyson hannigan homescreen works fine...but i dont have it here at work

Guest JoelRae

I just got the alyson skin from here, put the .hme on my phone then put the xml and pic on my pc ... the app brings up the pic fine but says it can't read the file :roll:

any clues??

Guest Deemon

hmmmm...no ive just tried it again and it works....Ill get Chris to check it out...Hes joined the forum so hopefully hell be posting in here soon ...

Guest JoelRae

Oh yeah, I was doing it late last night and forgot to take the plugin background pics off my spv ...

Any plug-in images need to be copied into the HOME directory.....

this might sort things out :oops:

Guest JoelRae

Well, like I said, it was late :roll:

Anyone know if there's any way to get the files out of a .hme file without installing it to your phone? Rename it to .zip or something?

Cheers,

Joel

Guest Deemon

havent found a way...i just had to do that with the Alyson Hannigan skin....

I think theres a bug in my cheerleader xml....but it only shows up in the previewer....its fine on the spv...but im gonna try and fix it so it works in both

Guest nickcornaglia

If you know which file you are looking for in an HME you can just open it with WInRAR or WinZIP.

The filename comes out messed up but if you rename it with the proper extension...it works.

Guest drblow

mmm... even the alyson hannigan skin won't work properly for me. I get a msg saying 'error reading file'. The background pic appears, & the msgcount plugin & another with a little alert sysmbol. But I can't select either plugin to highlight or anything.

Are we meant to be able to do this yet - or is it purely to preview the look of the pics?? If I'm asking too much here, please tell me to shut up!! :wink:

Guest Deemon

Please find the new version of the tool in this post :- unzip to the root of the homescreen viewer app dir

UPDATE:- also added a fixed version of the cheerleader xml

should help with a lot more stuff.....

v0.1

* Basic loading of files

* Refresh current file feature

* Zooming

* Cyling through plugins

* Recent file list

v0.2

* Scheme section now being parsed so any colours defined there are correctly

used

* About dialog added

* Toggle option to show a green grid for the plugin sizes

v0.3

* Font support added. It now loads TTFs from the homescreen folder (NOT from

Windows itself)

* As the labels now use proper fonts to draw, the label rectagles have been

changed to blue and are now controled by the 'Show Plugin Grid' option.

HomeScreenViewer.zip

Cheerleader5.home.zip

Guest drblow

When I try to open the cheerleader xml - I get an error saying nina.ttf not installed.

Do we need the nina.ttf file to be included in the home folder?? If so, where can we get it? I have looked for nina font on google etc with no luck.

Guest Deemon

what homescreen are you using cos i dont get any of this happening ?!?

try the alyson hannigan one or my cheerlaeder one....they have both been proven to work 100%

Guest drblow

I was using the cheerleader xml that was in the last post, along with the updated app. I unzipped the app, as specified - replaced the file. Then tried to open the cheerleader xml, & got the font error. Now after putting the font files in, I get the colour error!?

I'll try just deleting the whole homescreen file, & start again witht the updated one...

Guest Deemon

yeah sounds like a good idea....Ill get a version working here and then upload a zip with 100% tested working files....just in case

Ive attatched my Homescreen Folder in a RAR file. It all works perfectly

ive included my cheerleader Homescreen and also the Alyson Hannigan homescreen. Both work in the tool. Also included are the 2 font files.

one problem people might be having is the wrong Java Library version

install this version....its the one I use and I know it works.

http://www.tucows.com/preview/194327.html

after that make sure the 3 vextech.jar files are copied to the right place:-

C:Program FilesJavaj2re1.4.2libext

they are included in the RAR file attatched

Hopefully that should now sort you all out.

let me know....

cheers

HomeScreens.rar

Guest drblow

Na - did that & still no joy!

I deleted all the previous files - DL'ed both the first version of the app, & the 2nd update. Extracted them both etc., copied the fonts from the phone (although, I couldn't see the files on my PC, but they were there!?). Then I DL'ed the cheerleader zip again, extracted the xml & tried to open it, but got 'error reading file'.

There are no images in the zip for the cheerleader theme, & so I have no images for it - would that be the problem??

Guest mrzap

Can you give us some more info on the message? The 'error reading file' dialog should say why. (like 'unknown colour')

Also, can you double check the version in the About box. It should be at least v0.3

Thanks

Chris

Guest mrzap

Ah... no images in the cheerleader zip is definately a problem.

The file list for this to work should be:

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/Plugin03.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/Plugin01.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/Plugin02.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/Cheerleader_MRU.bmp

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/Plugin04.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/Plugin05.jpg

./Cheerleader5.home.xml

./Cartoongirl01.jpg

./nina.ttf

For the alyson one, it shoud be:

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/alysonH_ADE.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/alysonH_MIS.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/alysonH_MRU.bmp

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/alysonH_MRU.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/alysonH_MSG.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/alysonH_PRO.jpg

./IPSM/Application Data/Home/alysonH_RDV.jpg

./alysonH.home.xml

./alysonH.jpg

./nina.ttf

At least, those are the current latest and best I have from Deemon.

Guest drblow

OK - hold all those thoughts!! My last reply was actually before any of this new info - so I am in the process of re-installing the java DL (although I'm sure that is the version I have), & will then try the .rar file attatched & let you know what happens!!

Cheers!

EDIT - oh hang on, have just realised I have nothing to open .rar files!! :oops: Can you post a zip of the above attatchment so I can check it out with the new java installed?? Cheers!