How Do I Remove the "ding" When Getting a Contact

Guest technogeek

Guest technogeek

I have managed to remove most of the system sounds in my phone. One irritating sound is when I write a text message. When I click on the "To" box to go to contacts, a bell rings. In a quiet room and at silent mode, this bell is very distracting.

Guest dinoalbert

this have been discussed in the other boards and so far there is no solution for this yet....but there's a workaround.... dont click on the TO by pressing the action button, instead use the right softkey for the Contacts :lol:

• 2 months later...
Guest mar9118

Only work with the Qtek and Eurotel ROM updated phones...with the Smart 1.5.0.28 ROM even if you set profile to silent the 'ding' sound is still there...can someone figure out a way to delete the default.wav file in the Windows folder of the Smartphone then we get rid of the 'ding' sound permanently, the file can be copied but cannot be deleted :cry:

Guest chibako

i've read somewhere here that he copied the default sound("ding") from the windows folder, recorded a blank sound, named the blank sound default.wav and then he replaced the default.wav in the windows folder.

i don't know if it worked... :?

@roncom, how did you do it?

Guest mar9118

Hey it worked :) the 'default.wav' file cannot be deleted but can be overwritten, I created a blank 'wav' file and named it 'default.wav' then copied the file to the Windows folder of my Smartphone gone is the 'ding' sound until my next ROM update :wink:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
No good the sound came back after I restarted my phone....Windows restored the file  :cry:

Try ko din ganun pero wala pa ring nangyari. I even modified the dates using Hackman so that maging kaparehas cya ng date nung original default.wav pero di pa rin successful.

Then I realized, yung file attributes pala nung default.wav are: Read-Only, In ROM, Compressed, Encrypted and Hidden. Sana tiningnan ko agad para di na ko nag aksaya ng calories.

Notice may check yung In ROM box...yun ang mahirap baguhin. SPAMlik at SPAMlik din yan sa dati kahit ilang beses i-overwrite. Yun ang alam ko sa Smart ROM 1.3.7.8. Dont know sa ibang ROM versions kung ganito rin file attributes/properties ng default.wav

default.gif

Guest spv_dman

Hmmm I guess it only works with Qtek and Eurotel 1.50xx versions. Except for roncom's testimony.

Hey !! It worked !! Cool !!!  Thanks ! By the way, i'm using the SMART ROM update 1.5.0.28

Hey roncom, have you ever tried to reboot your phone? Did the "ding" came back?

Guest roncom
Hmmm I guess it only works with Qtek and Eurotel 1.50xx versions. Except for roncom's testimony.

Hey roncom, have you ever tried to reboot your phone? Did the "ding" came back?

Yes.. it came back. :) It worked for a day though .. any other suggestion?

roncom

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Yes.. it came back.  :)  It worked for a day though .. any other suggestion?

roncom

It will work if you dont do a Reset. So far wala pa or wala na pwedeng gawin sa SmartROM Default.wav...siguro, upgrade sa QTek or Eurotel para tuluyan ng mawala yung "ding" sound.

Guest dinoalbert

everything (original files) that is in the Windows folder can not be replaced...though it can be overwritten temporarily, the new file will never survive a soft reset :wink:

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
everything (original files) that is in the Windows folder can not be replaced...though it can be overwritten temporarily, the new file will never survive a soft reset  :wink:

MISMO 8)

I too hate that nasty clunking sound whenever a contact is selected. I often wonder which lunatic deaf ms employee came up with adding it to the spv in the first place.One seriously questions Microsofts smartphone software developers and hardware beta testers.!.(Posted from my SmartPhone!)

why dont you try using the earsaver application that was posted here somewhere?just try searching.why dont you try using the earsaver application that was posted here somewhere?just try searching for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys,

Those who are still using smart 1.5 rom, can u please try this:

Go to >>Settings>Profile.

Select the current profile u are using then press menu>edit.

Set the System Sound to OFF.

If I remember it correctly, this is what i did to remove the "ding" sound when i was still using the smart rom.