Change keypad LED to blue + jlowap Blue LED Mod

Guest djkat

Okily dokily. Operation change LED was a complete sucess ! :(

I really didn't expect them to be so small :shock: but I managed to get the use of a soldering microscope over the weekend to do it, I would not advise doing this just using unaided eyesight :)

My SPV now looks indentical to yours jlowap, I didn't as yet connect the extra LED under the number 5, but I intend to experiment with that during the coming days and I will let you know my findings, if it doesn't turn out too well I will just use that tip that someone posted in here about using some hot glue to distribute the LED light better, excellent idea by the way whoever you are.

Oh, If you do decide to do this I would also advise maybe buying a few spare LED's in case anything goes wrong, luckily I ordered 6 so when I damaged one trying to re-seat it, it didn't hinder anything.

Later folks !

• 2 months later...
Guest edhunter

i guys i have 1 E100 and i don´t realy like the red leds maybe i will try to put some blue or white leds can i do just like all of you did on your phones? some help will be great as i don´t want to kill my phone

well i dont know of anyone that has changed the LED's on a E100 yet.... you could be the first!

i also dont know how to remove the covers from an E100. do you fancy finding out and run the risk of damaging your phone? hummmm... tough one.

• 4 weeks later...