Video Camra

Guest Damian_demon

Guest Damian_demon

With the end in sight for the SPV,

Does anyone think a video camra will be made to plug into the existing camra (Still) slot, or is this not a possible invention :?: ?

Guest awarner [MVP]

It would not be practical as the connection is only a serial one, so it would be a bit too slow to

be of any real use :lol:.

Guest Rustyk1

Does no-one else here have IA Album? That has a video function.?!? I beleive that the hardware provided by the SPV(eg processor) are not powerful enough to produce a decent video, using any camera. correct me if i am wrong? Also, again, correct me if i'm wrong but is this not the system the sony t68i uses for it's camera (internal memory with the option of copying accross).

Rustyk

Guest awarner [MVP]

A lot of people including myself have IA Album but as for video it's very poor :lol:

one of the main reasons that it's slow is because the connector on the Phone is a serial one, hopefully

thye new phones (when they come out) will have a faster connection.

Guest Rustyk1

Ah, right, i see your point mate. cheers for clarifying that. that would be why my files copy sooooo slowly to my fone through my cradle.

Rustyk

Guest awarner [MVP]

On that note,

If you want to copy large files etc to your Storage card your best bet is to get a card reader.

www.ebuyer.com have a 6 in 1 reader for about £10. make life easier and quicker.

Guest Shuflie

Looks like a nice idea but it has one (not very) small problem, where will you store the footage it takes? Using the SD slot for a camera means that it isn't available for a memory card and you won't fit very many pictures let alone video onto the inbuilt phone memory.

Guest awarner [MVP]
Looks like a nice idea but it has one (not very) small problem, where will you store the footage it takes? Using the SD slot for a camera means that it isn't available for a memory card and you won't fit very many pictures let alone video onto the inbuilt phone memory.

Need a camera with buil in memory :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great to have a video capable camera, and just reading through these posts you could have an SDIO camera with a built in card reader or a card pass through slot?!

and if it was on a swivel, bonus!

Maybe even a flash using a built in lithium battery!

And with todays technology, it will be as big as a flash card (for the pass though slot!)

If the SPV popularity grows, I'm sure there will be more 3rd party developers!

Then again by that time we would be on a 2nd or 3rd generation SPV with all these features built in!

Wont be supprised if they start fitting stereo speakers, firewire adaptors, bluetooth and wireless networking?!

I wonder if they will use USB 2 on the next SPV?

All the best!

Si.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest daniel191

Ok so you guys ae discussing he idea of the SD cam. well I have a better Idea. Check it out why the hell doesn't some compan ymake on that has a place where you can stick your curent sd camera in.. Like a splitter. Now thats a good Idea I think.. No really now not only would you have in built memory in a way but you could also expand it, replace it and use it in the phone directly.. If you ask me there is somethin wong here... The posibility is there right, so my idea is Orange is sleaping on us since they could make a fancy SD card that would have a discrete plug at the back of it and you could plug one of these cameras in.. Hello the answeare to all our needs.... Think about it they would benefit because I'm shure all SPV owners would wont a SD card from them( meaning profits) they would bring somethin new for theyr so called customers which they care about. By the way why the hell dont they make some fancy holder with a slim cam that would fitt on the back of the phone or something.. . Hello we are in 2003 They could easily make that but waht the hell I am just giveing ideas here. I shure hope someone cares about this one because I think it is quite good. Just Imagine a sort of strap on camera. You can do it..

Guest awarner [MVP]

The SPVTanager does not have SDIO support and the phone's socket at the bottom is a serial one

so the above suggestions would not work as the interface is too slow.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Damian_demon

This comes of the topic abit but why doesn't there seem to be any hardware developed for the SPV, theres only the stuff you get with the phone and thats it.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Hardware what sort of things were you refering to?

Keyboard,headset adaptor and coming soon the camera extension cable and not forgetting Storage cards :)