Tube London Pro available

Guest Gorskar

Guest Gorskar

IT seems that Visual IT have just released a pro version of their popular tube map program for the Smartphone. The features are as follows:

This Pro version has all the well loved standard features of Tube plus :-

A superb full colour street level map of the central London area with a find feature that enables you to quickly find any street, place of interest or station on the map.  

Also included in this pro version is a detailed reference map of the over ground rail system of the greater London area showing all connection points onto the subway system.  

Tube's standard features include:

A detailed clear colour map of the London Underground system fully scrollable.  

Quick find station utility.  

It will automatically plan the quickest route to and from any station stating the line changes required and estimated journey time.  

The route can be text listed or an  animated visual display of the route can be shown tracking around the system map.  

Gives additional local information regarding stations including connections to other transport services, nearby places of interest, theatres, hotels, hospitals etc.  

Quick Zoom In/Out feature.  

Sunday Times feature quoted this application "Simply the sweetest piece of software I have seen in years, a joy to use and incredibly helpful".  

Free updates when new versions are released or when service changes take place to the system.  

This version is for the London underground, versions are also available for many other cities.

You can but a copy from the Visual IT website or from Handango for £14.01 or $22.00 repectively.

Guest Matt Whitfield

Just brought the Pro version. The scrolling of the maps is really good and having an A to Z, tube and rail map on your phone is great! Not quite sure why you'd ever use the route planning functionality on the tube, but I guess that's a feature for non-Londoners... Equally the places for interest bit won't get much use from me, but a nice enough feature tho I guess.

Well worth the money I reckon because I generally don't carry an A to Z with me, but I do always carry my phone :-D

I see a killer application here!!

especially if they get a location based, or gps system integrated into the phone with SP2k3.

As Matt said, i always carry my phone, but i have 6 a-z's i always forget to carry into london.. (and a backlit map has lots of uses!).

GO Visual IT!!!!

Will

Guest idavid

absolutely fab bit of software. cant wait to show my father. last week he was showing off the same app on his palm tungsten!! wait till he sees my little phone do exactly the same thing! nice to see a company embracing our little software platform wholeheartedly.

the street map function is the best bit, but an update with a bigger map would be fantastic :wink:

Guest akarno

I am thinking of getting the pro version.

For those people that already have the pro version, a few questions.

1) What is the street level map like.

2) What area of central London does it cover.

3) Can you zoom / scroll the street map.

4) Can you see street names ok.

5) Can you search by street name and or post code.

6) How far does the overground train map go.

7) Can you zoom scroll and search the overground train map.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Matt Whitfield
I am thinking of getting the pro version.

For those people that already have the pro version, a few questions.

1) What is the street level map like.  

2) What area of central London does it cover.  

3) Can you zoom / scroll the street map.

4) Can you see street names ok.

5) Can you http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/search.php>Search by street name and or post code.

6) How far does the overground train map go.

7) Can you zoom scroll and http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/search.php>Search the overground train map.

1) Very very good - excellent smooth scrolling

2) To the West it doesn't quite get to Marble Arch, to the East it gets as far as Aldgate, to the North it gets to Russell Square tube/Islington level and to the South it gets to Victoria so it's only very central London (it'd b nicer if the map was bigger...)

3) Yes, although there is no point in zooming in, it's fine as it is

4) Yes, they're perfect

5) No

6) Can't be bothered to scroll/zoom around it - it's quite big though

7) You can zoom and scroll

Guest Matt Whitfield
"]5) Yes you can http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/search.php>Search by street name!

P

Heh, you're right - I'd just never used it before!

Unfortunately it's using a rather clunky list based search that requires you to enter the first letter of the street then scroll through the (huge) list of possible street names (unless I'm doing something wrong? BTW, I've got a really bad cold today so that's my excuse if there is an easier way to do it... :-P)

Guest akarno

Thanks for the replies.

One final question, maybe for Paul. I understand there is an upgrade available for the original version. I have the original version, but I got it from the last MoDaCo meeting. Can I get an upgrade to that, if so how, or do I have to buy the complete package.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.