Silver Paint Chipping Off Call Buttons

Guest grifter

Guest grifter

Hi everyone,

just want to know how many of us have this "defect" -- the silver call buttons' (the ones with red and green icons) chrome plating is chipping off and the backlight passes through this "crack" when using your phone in the dark.

Just want to see a show of hands. Wishful thinking that SMART will escalate this manufacturing flaw to HTC and HTC come up with an improved keypad that doesn't chip.

Guest lisann

You know its funny you should say that... I would swear blind that the numbers/letters on mine are fading! Thought it was maybe me?! :lol:

Guest randy

confirmed from brightpoint. the soft keys and call keys are part of the screen. it costs 450.

the keypad is from home/back keys down to * 0 # keys and it costs 390.

Hi everyone,

just want to know how many of us have this "defect" -- the silver call buttons' (the ones with red and green icons) chrome plating is chipping off and the backlight passes through this "crack" when using your phone in the dark.

Just want to see a show of hands.  Wishful thinking that SMART will escalate this manufacturing flaw to HTC and HTC come up with an improved keypad that doesn't chip.

the light already goes thru the edges(kanto) of my my call and end buttons.my phone is barely a month old!!

Guest grifter

that's bad! it proves that the quality of the keypad is really bad.

i hope someone who has connections with SMART can escalate this to them.

i'm willing to pay for the keypad replacement but the new keypad should be "chip-proof" -- meaning : let go of the chrome finish and go with the silver-gray paint like the number keys.

Guest WeaponX

Count me in. I have the same problem. ;) I'll bring my unit in Sta. Lucia WC this Sunday to ask for replacement. I hope they give it for free since they can give "free phones" naman. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Smartphilcon

got the same problem... i got my second sap for free (within 1 month warranty) but for a nother reason.. so i just decided to use a 3210 all transparent plastic protective pouch and cut a hole in the middle for the nav stick.

Guest grifter

great news guys! you can now have your keypads replaced for FREE. Yep, for FREE! :)

Just brng your SAPs to Brightpoint Phils. in Araneta Ave.

Thanks to dinoalbert for the tip. ;)

cheers!

Guest jabonga

X3L_NAGA,

yup they can fix the sunk button and replace the keypad for free, i brought mine last 2 weeks ago and they replace the keypad with no charge.

Guest virgil

YES its true. they replace Keypad and sunk buttons for free.

check it out. See Contact details for reference.

Smartphone - Microsoft BRIGHTPOINT (Quezon City) 02-4168168/02-4142250

fyi.

PM me if you do confirm replacement. ok? ;) :) :shock:

Guest vinsanity

Guys, I went to the Wireless Center in Binondo today and I asked for a replacement for my phone. However, the guy kept insisting that the chipping of the call button paint was not a valid reason for replacing the phone and says i should fill out a form and then the phone will be under observation for 24 hours. Whats d use of that if you can see the chipped paint alrdy? It looks like he doesnt want to replace the phone..so i told him that others have had it replaced cuz of the keypad..he said I should find which Wireless Centers that had it replaced and the txt numbers of the ppl who had it replaced.

Can anyone help me out here? Pls? If anyone had their phone replaced cuz of the keypad I jst need which WC and if possible your txt num..my txt num is 09196870406..time is running out on July 18 its gonna be 1 month for me alrdy..pls..tnx!

Guest virgil
Guys, I went to the Wireless Center in Binondo today and I asked for a replacement for my phone. However, the guy kept insisting that the chipping of the call button paint was not a valid reason for replacing the phone and says i should fill out a form and then the phone will be under observation for 24 hours. Whats d use of that if you can see the chipped paint alrdy? It looks like he doesnt want to replace the phone..so i told him that others have had it replaced cuz of the keypad..he said I should find which Wireless Centers that had it replaced and the txt numbers of the ppl who had it replaced.  

Can anyone help me out here? Pls? If anyone had their phone replaced cuz of the keypad I jst need which WC and if possible your txt num..my txt num is 09196870406..time is running out on July 18 its gonna be 1 month for me alrdy..pls..tnx!

forget the WC!

Call brightpoint...they would check your phone and hope that they approve replacement for free.

good luck.

Guest BlackHowling

to guys whose phone buttons have been replaced.

did brightpoint replace the buttons with the same kind of buttons

with silver paint? e di matatanggal din yun di ba?

or did they replace it with buttons with a different paint coating?

also, will brightpoint replace the buttons on my smartphone that's over

a month old na?

thanks.

Guest virgil
to guys whose phone buttons have been replaced.

did brightpoint replace the buttons with the same kind of buttons

with silver paint?  e di matatanggal din yun di ba?

or did they replace it with buttons with a different paint coating?

also, will brightpoint replace the buttons on my smartphone that's over

a month old na?

thanks.

same buttons.the only difference --bago ulit!!! :) ;)

I have a friend that experimented with the casing and spraypainted it .

It looks great now.

Brightpoint will replace some or all parts upon actual inspection/evaluation.

call them first ...to verify and confirm.

Guest dinoalbert

vergil, how about your SPV's call buttons...does it have the same paint as our SAP? Also, if its broke, where are you sending it for repair? Will Brightpoint also accept SPVs?

Guest virgil
vergil, how about your SPV's call buttons...does it have the same paint as our SAP? Also, if its broke, where are you sending it for repair? Will Brightpoint also accept SPVs?

call Microsoft BRIGHTPOINT (Quezon City) 02-4168168/02-4142250

for more details.

Guest dinoalbert

my guess is that they do repair but its not under warranty anymore, right?

anyway, the reason I asked you is because youre the only Pinoy I have heard of using the Orange's SPV so maybe you have already asked Brightpoint about it :wink:

btw, you mentioned "Microsoft Brightpoint".......you mean Brightpoint is owned by Microsoft or is it a joint business of Microsoft and Brightpoint?

I believe Brightpoint also do repairs for Nokia and Sony-Ericsson....