Silver Paint Chipping Off Call Buttons

Guest grifter

Guest virgil
my guess is that they do repair but its not under warranty anymore, right?

anyway, the reason I asked you is because youre the only Pinoy I have heard of using the Orange's SPV so maybe you have already asked Brightpoint about it  :wink:

btw, you mentioned "Microsoft Brightpoint".......you mean Brightpoint is owned by Microsoft or is it a joint business of Microsoft and Brightpoint?

I believe Brightpoint also do repairs for Nokia and Sony-Ericsson....

"Microsoft Brightpoint"--typo error--Brightpoint lang.

I know someone in ILOILO who owns a SPV , another in Bacolod.mag cousins daw sila, well they too have other relatives who owns SPV's.

yes. Brightpoint also repairs other Models.

Guest Icecold

;) Hey guys speaking of sunk buttons my record button sunk and was non-func after about three weeks of use (normal use i should say). Know what the people at smart wireless in SM north edsa did. they replaced the unit.

I'm one happy bastard.

Gonna get a new phone. :)

Guest virgil
;) Hey guys speaking of sunk buttons my record button sunk and was non-func after about three weeks of use (normal use i should say). Know what the people at smart wireless in SM north edsa did. they replaced the unit.

I'm one happy bastard.  

Gonna get a new phone. :)

Lucky you!!! :D

Sunk buttons are easy to fix . thats why. :!:

guess you guys would be careful enough -- not to press to hard on your

phones...like GRRRRR!!! it hanged again!!! scenarios. :evil: :evil:

or ARRRGH !!! too slow.... :x :evil:

be patient on your phone and it wil respond...soon :cry: :cry:

Guest Rolandml

Hello :) saan ba mga location na me nag papalit ng nabakbak na call button?pumunta kasi ako sa angeles city wala naman ayaw nilang palitan di naman daw defective sabi ko bakit low quality? sagot nila di daw low quality di daw low quality ;) ano kayang tawag nila doon sa naSPAMkbak? di ata alam kung anong meaning ng low quality well wala na akong magagawa.

Guest JDimeRolla10
Hello :) saan ba mga location na me nag papalit ng nabakbak na call button?pumunta kasi ako sa angeles city wala naman ayaw nilang palitan di naman daw defective sabi ko bakit low quality? sagot nila di daw low quality di daw low quality ;) ano kayang tawag nila doon sa naSPAMkbak? di ata alam kung anong meaning ng low quality well wala na akong magagawa.

BrightPoint is the only authorized repair center for the HTC Tanager. They have the keypad, front face, and front body in stock.

Guest Rolandml

BrightPoint is the only authorized repair center for the HTC Tanager. They have the keypad, front face, and front body in stock.

Thanks.... but does that means they will change it with an high quality keypad? if not i will just use my current keypad.

Guest grifter

nope. just the same keypad. one of there CSRs told me that a more durable keypad will be arriving but they don't know when yet. you can call them up and ask abt it. 4168168

Guest Rolandml
nope. just the same keypad.  one of there CSRs told me that a more durable keypad will be arriving but they don't know when yet. you can call them up and ask abt it. 4168168

Thanks for the information I will wait nalang :)

Guest JDimeRolla10

For those of you who are worried about the silver keypads chipping off...

You can apply a very thin coating of colorless nail polish on the keypads to protect the silver paint.

Guest Rolandml
For those of you who are worried about the silver keypads chipping off...

You can apply a very thin coating of colorless nail polish on the keypads to protect the silver paint.

Good idea i will try that :-)

Am a heavy user and my SAP is almost 4 months old but have not experienced chipping off. Perhaps the manufacturers of this phones are not consitent with their Quality Control. Something that SMART or Brightpoint should know.

Guest grifter

How can it be ugly if it's colorless and clear?

Yup it's colorless but the surface will become uneven after applying the nail polish. It will also look weird since it's shinier and has sort of a "wet look". :) And dust particles or bubbles are very evident.

Guest Rolandml

Yup it's colorless but the surface will become uneven after applying the nail polish. It will also look weird since it's shinier and has sort of a "wet look". :) And dust particles or bubbles are very evident.

oo nga medyo pangit.... dapat cguru magaling nag lalagay ng paint para di ugly no?

or expert na sa paint para sure ang quality?

Guest spv_dman

Maybe future SAP releases should emulate Nokia huh? Xpress-On covers, lets you change the casing and keypad. Blue, Black, even Red SAP Anyone?!? :)

Guest dinoalbert

IMO, our SAPs color has the classy, professional look. I dont want to change covers like the Nokias...it might get dusts inside....and changing colors for me is more of a kiddie stuffs...

again, thats just my own opinion :)

cheers!

Guest Rolandml
IMO, our SAPs color has the classy, professional look. I dont want to change covers like the Nokias...it might get dusts inside....and changing colors for me is more of a kiddie stuffs...

again, thats just my own opinion  :)  

cheers!

OO nga classy nga wala ka naman mabili kung kailangan mo :-P wala pa bang casing available na retail?

Guest grifter

i think they should release keypads that are not chrome-finished. The matt silver color of the softkeys or the number pad is ok and more durable. In my experience, chrome-finished items tend to chip easier.

@dino,

i'm for the removable casing for the simple reason that I can clean the screen as often as I want. Even if you don't open up your phone, dust particles will eventually get inside through either the joystick well or the sd slot. rather than having to painstakingly take apart the inferior casing of the SAP (yes, the plastic is of poor quality if you see the insides. yuck! :)), It would be better if the casing can be easily removed. the only problem is, people might touch the sensitive LCD panel. tsk tsk.

IMO, I think future phones should follow the LCD design of the N7110. The LCD of the N7110 is sealed so that no dust particles can ever enter it. The front lens is integrated into the LCD. Yun nga lang, if you scratch the lens, you have to change the entire LCD. hehe...

Guest Rolandml

why? :shock: sira na kaagad casing mo? :?:

Nope di pa naman kasi me nakita akong pangit na ng cell eh kaya nag tatanong lang po :)

Guest mariolouis

gusto kong casing sana tulad dun sa original spv. silver lahat.

re: nail polish

mahirap lagyan habang nakakabit. baka lumagpas sa may casing mismo.