Another keyboard for Orange SPV will be available soon: Fle

Guest ContactBot

Guest vijay555

capt_janeway: have my babies!

I was gonna say, this keyboard IMHO makes much more sense than the fabric keyboard. I was fortunate to win the fabric keyboard at the MoDaCo Meet, but although i use it, i think sometimes it feels like trying to find a peanut in a duvet.

A proper keyboard, even silicone, would get me typing l33t style, but i think £65 is having a laff. It'd have to be getting onto half the price for me to think about it, and even then, think carefully.

Keyboards for the phone are great, but niche. right price = many more customers.

V

Guest capt_janeway

Not sure about the baby thing Vijay....I won't even do that for my hubby at the mo!!

But the main thing is ... will this keyboard work with the SPV?

Guest orangesp

In reply to vijay555

1. The price is £59.99 not £65.00 as you quoted

2. I quote "Keyboards for the phone are great, but niche. right price = many more customers. "

My answer is "Many more customers=right price" or closer to it.

TO ALL!

Let me know a realistic price you'd buy it for? [email protected]

Based on quantities I'll see what price I can negotiate with supplier, in order to drive the price down for you the customer.

Regards,

www.OrangeSP.co.uk

Guest orangesp

In reply to capt_janeway,

"But the main thing is ... will this keyboard work with the SPV?"

YES, it's designed for Pocket PC and I've adapted it to work on the SPV - and it works great! - otherwise I wouldn't sell it.

Regards,

www.orangesp.co.uk

Id only ever spend about 20 quid on it, lets face it - we'd only ever spend about this much on any other accessory that can be used with only 2 phones! Nobody knows if these keyboards will work on future smartphones like the Mitac etc so im not gonna fork out so much for something ill only use for a few months

Guest vijay555

Paul, yep, got it set on high. it's not the keyboard software i have trouble with, it's just a bit odd to type on, and i often find myself having to retype, it's a little hit and miss. I like it tho, but i think this flexikbd would be even better.

O'course, more customers = better price, but £60 is still too much for a peripheral of any kind really. it'd have to be £40 for me to be considering it. £60's too much of a considered purchase... IMHO.

V

Guest capt_janeway

What I was really asking was does the keyboard from Scan at £30 work with the SPV? (Link above)

If so this is half the price of the one sold on orangesp

Guest orangesp

capt_janeway

What I was really asking was does the keyboard from Scan at £30 work with the SPV? (Link above)

If so this is half the price of the one sold on orangesp

==================================

In answer to your question above - No, the iPAQ keyboards don't work on the SPV. Hence why the keyboard is more expensive due to the additional work and modification and testing involved.

The only way I can see Scan selling even the iPAQ ones at that price, is if a company went bust and they obtained their stocks for next to nothing. Or they've had them in stock a long time and just want to get rid of them.

Regards,

www.orangesp.co.uk

[email protected]

Guest orangesp

I've done a potential deal with the manufacturer and if there's enough interest - I could reduce the price down to 39.99+delivery.

But before I can sell them at that price, I need to know how many of you, are seriously interested at buying the "FX100 for SPV" at that price? (To see if its possible.)

"Please email me if you'd buy one at 39.00+delivery?"

[email protected]

Regards,

www.orangesp.co.uk

Guest vijay555

capt_janeway: the scan kbd is for ipaq 3650 etc, which has a different pinout then the SPV, although made by the same people.

3650 is quite old (i have one!), so they're probably clearing old stock etc.

However, OrangeSP, if you can supply an adaptor for Smartphone and Ipaq, i'd probably have YOUR babies, or at least buy a kbd off you!

V

Guest Chronos

I've got a folding keyboard for my XDA clone (T-Mobile). As I understand the connector is reversed but pin compatible with the SPVs, I can only hope for a driver release (yeah, right) and an adapter and/or me kludging the keyboard and rotating the connector.

Prolly easier and cheaper to sell it an buy one of these. :roll:

Guest Gorskar

I think they would sell at £39.99 + delivery, as thats now £10 (- postage)cheaper than the black one for a keyboard that rolls up smaller.

I've already got a hold of one the the black ones, so I'm not really in the market.

Guest jaberwooky

dont buy the keyboard from orangesp.com - WAY TOO EXPENSIVE.

goto scan.co.uk and have a look at the today only screen then click on keyboards at the top of the screen. These guys do them for 30 quid!!!

Ten quid cheaper!!

Orangesp is probably one of the worst designed site i've ever seen!!!!

Way too cluttered. I like coolsmartphone.com - much better.

Guest capt_janeway

Jaber

I've said that but was told there the wrong connections

Not sure if I want to order one until I know for sure :?:

Guest vijay555

Peeps, i don't think we should be screaming just yet. i prefer this keyboard over the ORA one, which i have currently.

The scan keyboard is for 3600/3700. Although physically the connectors are the same size, the pins are definately different (i've got spv and 3600), so take your chances me think. I'd love to buy it for that price too, but i don't think it's gonna happen.

V

Guest orangesp

The current price of the keyboard is 49.99 GBP. We can't sell it any cheaper than that, otherwise it wouldn't be worth selling.

The new models of the keyboard are sold at $99.95 from http://www.man-machine.com/FX100.htm (the manufacturer), that equates to 61.22 GBP

(check http://www.dollars2pounds.com/ for current translation rates)

There is a Smarthphone fx100 (not a Windows one!) called the Kyocera 6035 and 7135 Smartphone, which sells for $79.95 = £48.97.

£59.99 was the original price quoted, it's now been reduced to £49.99.

"Sorry we are doing our best for you! - were making next to nothing on them - this site is, after all, provided to you as a free source of information and downloads."

[email protected]

www.orangesp.co.uk

Guest orangesp

In answer to the question from Brody above:

The keyboard is water proof and is cleanable very easily with some soap, water and a sponge.

Guest fozzie

I can't see any keys that represent the left and right soft keys of the SPV, like there is on the Soft Texter keyboard.

Does this keyboard have them?