SmartICU version 0.89 - another program for assigning pictu

Guest ContactBot

Guest matanglawin

This is just mind boggling! :shock:

After installing the SmartICU cab on my Tanager (storage card), naturally I tried to use the program...then the phone stalled. :) Since the phone wasn't responding (to any keypress including the power switch) anymore, I had to cut the power by removing the battery.

When I switched the phone back on again...(gasp) I noticed that my homescreen changed back to default and that the keypad tones are audible once more. Also the ring tones reverted back to its original settings.

I thought I accidentally did a hard reset...but upon checking the program menu, all the programs that I have installed before are still there. I was also able to verify via the Smart Explorer that all programs, ringtones were not erased.

The story, however does not end there because I discovered the following:

1. Pocket Candy opens when the icon/link is clicked but the settings can't be changed since no options are available...as in everything disappeared;

2. Pocket MVP lost all file associations with MPEG files I have on my phone;

3. PocketTV again required the free key needed for registration;

4. the SP TaskManager Free Mem does not work anymore; wont quit non-system applications no matter how many times you click the icon/link;

5. the Smart Screen Shot opens when clicked, but does not save screen captures at IPSMMy Documents anymore.

6. SmartICU works fine.

I have no idea why this happened. :? I just can't help but think that the SmartICU affected/corrupted the above mentioned programs, because all of them worked perfectly before I downloaded the SmartICU cab.

What can you say guys and gals :?:

Guest SmartICU
unknown and anonymous function have some bugs!!! I tried to change the picture in for unknow and anonymous to normal mode or another picture, the program won't remember the picture, it keeps changing them back to the first picture sorted by letters.

any one any idea?

Ok thank you for this log. I'll check why the fonction doesn't work.

Guest StylishLemur
Well as a work around, you could just call the picture you want to use, whatever you chose the first time...

Don't know if the programmer still checks this debate, but I've written an e-mail to him...

Thanks for advice :) however i want to use normal mode for this function.

StylishLemur wrote:  

unknown and anonymous function have some bugs!!! I tried to change the picture in for unknow and anonymous to normal mode or another picture, the program won't remember the picture, it keeps changing them back to the first picture sorted by letters.  

any one any idea?  

Ok thank you for this log. I'll check why the fonction doesn't work.

Thanks for nice application though, I love this....

However just few suggestions, I want to use normal mode which is currently doesn't work, but it suppose to show the default screen like the normal screen when we doesn't have any caller ID right?

also, is it possible to add the function which is allow us to change the text size/position/color FOR UNKNOW/ANONYMOUS?

Lastly, do you have manual in english about how to create template?

Much appreciated for this nice application!!

Guest MoRFLeZ
This is just mind boggling!  :shock:

Well this has happend to me and a bunch of other people, although NOT using this program, but various others. It seems to happen every now and then, after installing programs.

The best advice I can give, is only installing one program at a time, and then restart the phone before using the program.

It does sound like your phone did a semi hard reset, having whiped parts of the registry keys etc etc

I've installed and removed this program from version 0.89 and up several times without any accidents... so it might just have been bad luck

Guest matanglawin
unknown and anonymous function have some bugs!!!

Here's another bug:

Assigning a picture/template to a specific contact seems to cancel the ringtone assigned to that particular person. The smartphone instead plays the tone set for line 1.

To illustrate: I have previously assigned the ringtone "morseCode" to contact A. With the SmartICU program, I associated a picture/template with the said contact. When contact A called up, the "ltune" rigntone (set ringtone for line1) played instead of the "morsecode" ringtone.

Guest StylishLemur

Here's another bug:

Assigning a picture/template to a specific contact seems to cancel the ringtone assigned to that particular person. The smartphone instead plays the tone set for line 1.

To illustrate: I have previously assigned the ringtone "morseCode" to contact A. With the SmartICU program, I associated a picture/template with the said contact. When contact A called up, the "ltune" rigntone (set ringtone for line1) played instead of the "morsecode" ringtone.

A suggestion: :idea: If this make conflict with the assigned ringtone then, add more function to smartICU to enable the program to assign not only picture and template but also ringtone which can be store on the card, same like caller 2 picture application, so we won't end up eating the phone memory with the sound/ringtone, and your application will be best of the best!!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MoRFLeZ

I know it's been up before... but how about adding some sort of support for SMS... my friend has a S//E T610 phone, and the built in caller ID is awesome. It also shows up for SMS messages, and that actually works great.

Edited: A pic shows up for the first SMS - a picture of the person who wrote the message. If you receive another message, before having read the first one, a standard picture shows up, telling you how many sms you have received.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx for the nice prog!

Only one problem, how to use it? There is no photos to choose from, only a birdie.

Anyone have a step by step guide?

Thanx

Hi !

What about the last mail I sent you concerning when you're not at the office and you redirected your office's calls to your mobile, are you going to add a function showing when you have an incoming call that it's been redirected ?

It would be so useful ... :wink:

• 2 months later...

Its a nice app, but i cannot find any picture to associate with my contacts, is there a manual or procedure in english which i can use so that i could find where my picture is? All i have is the picture of tweety bird.....somebody pleas H E L P. . . . . . . . . .!

Guest broeren79
Its a nice app, but i cannot find any picture to associate with my contacts, is there a manual or procedure in english which i can use so that i could find where my picture is? All i have is the picture of tweety bird.....somebody pleas H E L P. . . . . . . . . .!

how about using your camera to shoot some pictures?? :roll:

• 2 months later...
Guest megaman

you gotta move the pictures in the "pict" directory..

anyways,,i like this more then Smartface.

that program wasnt working correctly on my phone and i couldnt asign pictures to names...i also like the feature taht u can use contacts from Sim... thanks for the freeware!

• 4 weeks later...