SPV E-100 not delayed, in stores next week...

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Contrary to rumours, the SPV E-100 (a.k.a. Tanager) has not been delayed by Orange.

The E-100 will be launched by Orange on the 7th July, and will hit stores in their deliveries next week, probably Wednesday / Friday.

In preperation for the launch, the July 'Orange Magazine' includes the E-100, but makes no mention of the original SPV.

P

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

[15:16:21] got told all about the spve100, and how it will be the same price as the spv today

[15:16:34] did you know it's got a much bigger screen? ;)

[15:16:46] so i give my name for one (£29.00) :)

Guest DamianJauregui

Not sure how correct this is, or if anyone has already said anything, but it looks like Orange have started selling the new SPV E100 in Switzerland already...

Without contract CHF 999.-

With Orange Advanced, 24 months subscription CHF 399.-

With Orange Advanced, 12 months subscription CHF 479.-

With Orange Personal, 24 months subscription CHF 449.-

With Orange Personal, 12 months subscription CHF 529.-

These are the same prices as the original SPV when it came out.

http://www.orange.ch/vrtmobilephones/spv

The saddest part is that they now always reference my SPV baby as "The first generation SPV". She feels so old now... :)

Guest DamianJauregui

It is official. Orange [swiss] are no longer stocking the original SPV. All old stock is being cleared out from any shops that still have them and the new SPV E100 is the only handset to be marketed from now on. :cry:

I wonder if that means that I will get an E100 as a replacement if my old SPV were to break, say, in one month or so? :twisted:

Guest Dylan

Hmm. I think it's funny how Orange have bigged up this whole 'training trainers to train' or whatever but it seems like their still unable to train their own sales staff!

Guest FragMeister

SPV E100 on Orange.co.uk saying "Coming Soon".

Didnt realise, but according to the dimensions it is larger than the SPV (120x50x23) for the E100 compared with 116x48x22 for the "original" SPV.

The features list is totally rewritten but is essentially the same

Guest midnight

i cant see there being any truth in that, the software is the same as the SPV (well, new update, but a seriously doubt that would cause problems, the core os is the same)

Guest jeremyp

OK, just saying it like it is. Was expecting an SPV E-100 to be delivered next week, now getting an SPV and then an E-100 when its ready.

"]Contrary to rumours, the SPV E-100 (a.k.a. Tanager) has not been delayed by Orange.

The E-100 will be launched by Orange on the 7th July, and will hit stores in their deliveries next week, probably Wednesday / Friday.

In preperation for the launch, the July 'Orange Magazine' includes the E-100, but makes no mention of the original SPV.

P

Good news ! Do you know if the date of 7th July also concerns France ?

Tof

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.