Smartphone 2003 Screenshots

Guest Simon Desser

Guest Simon Desser

MSMobiles have posted some 'screenshots' of the forthcoming Smartphone 2003.

The screenshots show an emulator, and a game written with ".net" technologies.

Guest midnight

I think they will be 'Programs' in the final version, they wanna make it simple and foolproof, and so 'Programs' is the right wording for it really.

Other small differences...

Two times on the homescreen, best guess, either alarm time or worldtime (most likely alarm)

and

ActiveSync (41), does this mean it can now sync files, notes etc.?

(another thing is that behind the signal and battery meters is a light coloured box, dunno if this is part of the skin or not, or a new 'feature')

Guest midnight

yes, but pocketpc can also sync files and notes, and thats my point :)

the syncing of notes is really important (of course even better if it had an inbuilt text editor)

oh, and about the 3:00, i think thats just a text plugin.

Guest nickcornaglia

But I never saw a PPC show files and notes grouped together as sync'd on a home screen. Even though the PPC does both of these...I don't think there is anything that will show them on the home screen. The only thing close is a third-party module that will show the number of voice notes on a device. (Which would be really cool if the smartphone did this as well...especially in lieu of there not being a native text notes application).

If it is a real plugin...my money would be that they split out the mail data where it would now say:

ActiveSync (10)

Email (10)

SMS (10)

MMS (10)

And if that is the case...I would also bet that the new OS allows multiple email accounts.

But what the F*** do I know? I'm just guessing and dreamin'! :)

Guest Rustyk1

My personal guess at active sync thing is that these are the things that will be updated on your computer when u next sync and is probably just contacts and tasks etc same as before. Sorry to put a downer on your dreams but it is most likely.

Rustyk

Guest nickcornaglia

$50.00 that ActiveSync is is sync'd email from Outlook if the plugin actually exists when 2003/4 comes out. I also say that it has nothing to do with files or notes.

Any Takers? (Limit 2)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.