Unlocking with the new boot loader (e.g. SMART 1.50)

Guest florin_m

Guest florin_m

It is now possible to unlock SmartPhones containing the new boot loader, that are not responding to UNLOCK.EXE.

Firstly you need to have the a USB / Serial Cable and the relevant software:

USB: USBTerm + UNLOCK.EXE

Serial: HyperTerminal + UNLOCK.EXE

Steps:

1. Connect you phone in bootstrap (3 colour screen) mode to your PC

2. Open your terminal program (USB or Serial)

3. Enter the following - 'password SMARTPHONEHTC' - you will now see 'Pass.'

4. Close your terminal

5. Run UNLOCK.EXE and you'll see your unlock code... Enjoy :)

Guest slick_b_69

Can anyone using a smart spv with the new update confirm this? I've been wanting to do the upgrade but m hesitant cause i use a globe simcard.

Thanks.

Guest ant_thomas

For some reason I cannot use my O2 simcard yet I can use my Orange sim card.

The phone just gives an Invalid Sim error for my O2 sim but my orange sim works just fine. I using the Orange SPV with the New Smart phone update.

Any ideas?

Guest Arisme

As far as I noticed the exploit used in SPVUnlock was fixed in the 0.99 bootloader ... should be the same in further versions unless they have a very messy source control :wink:

ant_thomas your SIM is probably too old (maybe a 5V SIM card ?) ... your operator can deliver you a new one in that case usually

updated ok I just read that this happens with the new Smart update ... no idea then :roll:

Guest Lopio

"It is now possible to unlock SmartPhones containing the new boot loader, that are not responding to UNLOCK.EXE.

Serial: HyperTerminal + UNLOCK.EXE"

where can i get USBTerm? thanks

Guest niacin65

Same problem here with bootloader 1.04. 66% then aborting. The only method I can see that MIGHT work, would be to get an SD card and insert it into a non-altered smart phone. Then use USBTERM to backup the bootloader (.98) and the IPSM then do a hard reset to the phone and delete the IPSM then insert the SD card and reboot the phone in strap mode, run USBterm and let it load the .98 bootloader and IPSM files, THEN run spvunlock......what do you think?

Guest StylishLemur

How to unlock the Application certificate of Orange Swiss Update!!?

Can get through with the old method... is there any new method?

Guest niacin65

Partial success. I made a backup of my friend's bootloader .98 from his Smart Amazing phone, then booted my phone in strap mode, and loaded the bootloder to it. Then took out the battery, rebooted in strap mode, to verify, and YES it changed from 1.04, to .98. So I then ran spvunlock and GOT my unlock code. Then I inserted a sim card from another carrier, but Smart's software still had ANY OTHER NETWORK BLOCKED, and no prompt appears asking for the unlock code. So, I then shut down the phone, and installed the Orange 137 sap software. This time it loaded without a problem (before I could only get as far as 10%). Then rebooted the phone, and inserted my Smart Sim, and it ASKED for the unlock code, which I entered, and it WORKED. I then shut down the phone and inserted a Sim from another carrier to verify that is IS unlocked again, and it worked too. So there you have it. HOWEVER.....the programs for the camera and the photo album are missing, and the option to write a new sms message doesn't work so far. So I will now have to figure out how to restore those programs (probably some registry conflict). Since I now have the bootloader on an SD card, there is no problem to experiment to find out why the programs didn't load, and restore if necessary.

Guest SAPFreak
It is now possible to unlock SmartPhones containing the new boot loader, that are not responding to UNLOCK.EXE.

Steps:

4. Close your terminal

Where can I get the USBTerm and Unlock.exe software?

Guest SAPFreak

Steps:

4. Close your terminal

I was able to do the "password SMARTPHONEHTC". But when I tried the Unlock code, this is what I got" 66% - Invalid code - Aborting"

What should I do?

Guest wolf
Partial success. I made a backup of my friend's bootloader .98 from his Smart Amazing phone, then booted my phone in strap mode, and loaded the bootloder to it. Then took out the battery, rebooted in strap mode, to verify, and YES it changed from 1.04, to .98. So I then ran spvunlock and GOT my unlock code. Then I inserted a sim card from another carrier, but Smart's software still had ANY OTHER NETWORK BLOCKED, and no prompt appears asking for the unlock code. So, I then shut down the phone, and installed the Orange 137 sap software. This time it loaded without a problem (before I could only get as far as 10%). Then rebooted the phone, and inserted my Smart Sim, and it ASKED for the unlock code, which I entered, and it WORKED. I then shut down the phone and inserted a Sim from another carrier to verify that is IS unlocked again, and it worked too. So there you have it. HOWEVER.....the programs for the camera and the photo album are missing, and the option to write a new sms message doesn't work so far. So I will now have to figure out how to restore those programs (probably some registry conflict). Since I now have the bootloader on an SD card, there is no problem to experiment to find out why the programs didn't load, and restore if necessary.

try doing a hard reset and those softwares and new sms will come back. see if it's still unlock

Guest SAPFreak

niacin65, where can I get a copy of the Orange 137 software? I only have the 1.35 and it does not work on my phone to downgrade my 1.04 bootloader.

Guest SAPFreak
sapfreak - you cant downgrade with the new smart 1.5 rom update..

Just to quote niacin65,

I made a backup of my friend's bootloader .98 from his Smart Amazing phone, then booted my phone in strap mode, and loaded the bootloder to it. Then took out the battery, rebooted in strap mode, to verify, and YES it changed from 1.04, to .98.

Ergo, niacin65 was able to downgrade his bootloader from 1.04 to .98. That's what I want to learn. :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.