Mobile Security Unit

Guest alanrenouf

Guest alanrenouf

Here's an idea i was thinking of, IA Photo manager can take pictures when the camera is plugged in and snakes 2 can post scores to the internet.

Put the two together and you have a mobile security device which you can leave anywhere and keep an eye on whe output over any internet connection.

anyone want to take this task on?

That would be pretty cool!! Leave it at your neigbours and watch their fit 20yr old daughter!! :) Really though - that could come handy, but I doubt that SP could do a good job of sending data fast enough over the net, unless it was so s*** quality that would make no point...

Guest midnight

yeh, you could leave your phone in the house, watch it all get stolen, and watch your phone being taken away aswell, then the theif would put it in his tracksuit trousers, where you could get a good view of month old sandwiches, upon arriving at his home, you could see himn unload all your gear aswell, cool, until the battery runs out after 1 hour of constant picture taking hehehe :)

Guest HelloDave

It would be a neat idea, but the problem would be GPRS is slooow, so assuming your SPV can even get a connection (seems down to pure luck for me!) it would take an age to transfer each picture at a useable resolution. Not forgetting that it wouldn't be cheap with the soon to arrive GPRS costs :) Plus, would you really want to tie up your phone somewhere as a "security" device?

Funny how the words "security" and "voyeur" can often be used interchangeably? :wink:

[EDIT] Good point about the battery midnight - it wouldn't be much use if the SPV only lasted for about 2 hours! And of course where does the AC power adaptor plug in? The serial port...genius!

Guest fixit

Erm... I'm still thinking about all the laydees bedrooms that you could 'lose' your phone in for a couple of days.... perhaps you could also lose a small car battery, inverter and charger as well to cope with battery life problems. Actually, I'm really not enough of an ar***ole to follow it through, and given my taste in vaguely bright girls I think I'd get rumbled with massive shame on my name to follow. Nope, think I'll just have to keep dreaming of being turned into a fly on the wall for a couple of days.

Genius idea though. Don't think my girlf would approve at all.

Guest Gorskar

Well presuming you are going to get your spv back, why does it have to send em via gprs? Just save them to a hidden/encryped folder on the sd card.

Somewhat dodgy though methinks.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

This started off as a honest, decent suggestion and look what you guys have turned it into ;p

Its almost as bad as the "which websites do ~you~ use to show the phone off to your mates" thread....;p

Guest alanrenouf
Well presuming you are going to get your spv back, why does it have to send em via gprs? Just save them to a hidden/encryped folder on the sd card.

Somewhat dodgy though methinks.

That is a good idea, didnt think of that !

If i had programing skills i would work on it, anybody know how to do this ?

Guest Syvwlch

Of course, If you're not going to be sending the files over the air, a simple Digital Camera with Timer, or some of the serial remote controls that include timers will do nicely.

Done this before, it works fine.

Oh, and BTW, the only Tits I photographed that way are the sort that fly around and chirp, ok? :)