Registry Tweaks

Guest midnight

Guest InclininWirefree

hey all...gr8 exciting stuff u guys got going over here...

first timer...need some help getting started with Midnight's System Sound tweak...

firstly, i have a windows mobile 2003 pda...wud the tweak work jst as well on it? seems pretty easy to follow...jst diff wordings e.g. Select Menu>New Value>String is a Edit>New String Value...

On more thing...Midnight's 'here' link to obtain voice themes results in a 404...anyways, i managed to d/load the borg.zip within which are a buncha files (000file0.001, 000file0.002, ......... KEYPAD~1.000)...r these the files i refer to in "Value Data: pathname of the wav"?

these aren't wav! :cry:

wud greatly appreciate some sound advice! (absolutely no pun intended :) )

Guest InclininWirefree

first timer...need some help getting started with Midnight's System Sound tweak...

firstly, i have a windows mobile 2003 pda...wud the tweak work jst as well on it? seems pretty easy to follow...jst diff wordings e.g. Select Menu>New Value>String is a Edit>New String Value...

On more thing...Midnight's 'here' link to obtain voice themes results in a 404...anyways, i managed to d/load the borg.zip within which are a buncha files (000file0.001, 000file0.002, ......... KEYPAD~1.000)...r these the files i refer to in "Value Data: pathname of the wav"?

Guest InclininWirefree

Guest InclininWirefree

Guest InclininWirefree

Guest InclininWirefree

Guest InclininWirefree

Guest InclininWirefree

Guest InclininWirefree

Guest nvkid909

going back to the keypress thing.... anyway of changing the annoying click? if it means changing each dtmf key(excuse me for being thick) to just one tone, i take it this doesnt affect the actuall dialling & the dtmf tones, just the sound of the keypress at the phone end....?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lister7474

HERE HERE!!! Please please please, damn you orange promising a better phone post-rom-update, I can't use the phone outdoors anymore! Need louder speaker!

• 3 weeks later...

Really useful thread. Some advice though on the registry tweaks for sounds, etc, that started it all off way back in ... 2003?

I hate the Smartphone (2003 on an i-mate Smartphone2) sounds for menu popup and command and used Midnight's guide to change these. Two problems:

1. I can only enter a sound .wav file that is in Windows. If I try and put a path in, it changes straight back to default.wav as soon as the sound is first needed.

2. As a result, I lose the file whenever I have to turn the phone off and on again, and so I have to copy the file back in to Windows and re-edit the registry all over.

Any ideas?!

Guest azzya

Do you know how you change the name of operator logo on the LCD screen, i unlocked my phone, it was only on Orange and am now using 02 and the LCD screen says Orange for some strange reason

should work ok, you could create a folder called 'Sounds'.

/IPSM/Application Data/Sounds/blah blah blah.wav in the registry.

======

Nope. Although I can do that in other registry entries, for MenuPopup and MenuCommand no matter what I enter, it immediately fails back to 'default.wav' _unless_ I enter a .wav that is already in the Windows folder.

Other suggestions appreciated!

======

Nope. Although I can do that in other registry entries, for MenuPopup and MenuCommand no matter what I enter, it immediately fails back to 'default.wav' _unless_ I enter a .wav that is already in the Windows folder.

Other suggestions appreciated!

======

Just fixed it myself. I had an application installed that was screwing with my registry changes. Thanks. :roll:

Guest calvin03

what was the program causing the problem ??

i wanted to change the menu popup sound...and i'm also experiencing the same problem like you..

the thing will be gone after i turned off the phone... :cry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Blakey

I've hit the problem of all my start menu options listing alphabetically. I even emptied the entire list of ordered keys - and it still all comes out in alphabetical order.

Anyone manage to sort this out on an E200, including new ROM?

Blakey

Guest rankinl
I've hit the problem of all my start menu options listing alphabetically. I even emptied the entire list of ordered keys - and it still all comes out in alphabetical order.  

Anyone manage to sort this out on an E200, including new ROM?

Blakey, are you not describing normal behavior, or am I missing something ?

If you have emptied the entire list for ordering the start menu, then by default it shows everything alphabetically....

If you want to specify an order for Items in the start menu then fill in the

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Shell/StartMenu/Order

registry key with information in the order you want.

For example my E200 (with ROM update) has the folioing in that key...

Settings.lnk

File Manager.lnk

Task Manager.lnk

The effect of this is I get these 3 items first in my Start Menu, then everything else alphabetically....

Sorry if I've misunderstood your problem.