SPVMan goes V1.0 - 19th July 2003 - Final version

Guest muff

I think that the tone is just generated using a simple sign wave function. You could easily write a quick function to generate the waveform yourself taking the required freq as a paremeter.

I know little about sound programming

if anyone knows how to do this, then by all means send me the code and I'll include it ( subject of course to the fact that it is compatible with everything else that's in there, and doesn't slow the game down :lol: )

Have to agree with midnight.

This and SPV invaders are already far superior to lots of commercial games.

Keep up the great work muff and look forward to your next projects (if the perfectionists on the forum will leave you alone to get on with them :lol: :D )

davy.

Guest unclelimey
hey muff, sorry to pick a fault with this great game u made, but the new fix to make the ghosts run away has made it nearly impossible to eat all 4 ghosts with one power pill, i dont remember it ever being that hard to eat them all

keep up the good work  

;)

i have played the original version, and i think the reason it has become so hard is that when the ghosts turn blue and run away in the original, they move a lot slower when they are blue.

other than that, a fantastic job you are doing :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've working on about half a dozen new games at the moment, you'll just have to give me a little time to get them done, but they should be worth the wait :)

I've working on about half a dozen new games at the moment, you'll just have to give me a little time to get them done, but they should be worth the wait :)

;) :D :D

Guest jokzaffa

I am a new SPV owner, and was in my teens when these games first appeared in the pubs and arcades.

To see these classics running on the SPV, I find staggering. And the fact they cost me nothing doesn't seem right somehow.

Nice work fella, they are just brilliant.

Guest krankie

Muff,

Thanks for all your efforts on this game. I decerted my phone at the weekend which was a painful experience but this app has already made it all worthwhile. The sound is fantastic and I think you have the individual ghost behaviours spot on from what I remember.

Towards the end of this thread there is some debate about how easy it is to get all four ghosts from a powerpill. I don't think you need to 'fix' anything here it is fine as it is. You have to lure all ghosts in to get it right - same as the original.

Ah the memories.

• 1 month later...
Guest markjoanne
EDIT

V1.00 - hurrah! :)

Finally got around to adding the background sound loop

Unless major bugs are found, this is the final version.

Please enjoy, and report any bugs you find 

muff

HISTORY

-------

F - fixed

+ - added

V1.00 - 19th July 2003

F - blue ghosts are now slightly slower due to popular demand

F - bug where red ghost would sometimes just circle the ghost pen

+ - background sound loop

+ - nasty hack to stop the occasional ghost getting caught on the left edge of the ghost pen (cant find the orignal cause)

;)

Guest stuartd

SPVMan and Invaders are bringing back some childhood memories for me, many thanks for creating them. My E100 is becoming a portable arcade machine :)

The fact that they're free is amazing, they certainly beat a lot of the commercial software that is available.

If only things had been this good when I was a kid.

• 1 month later...

although this was developed on the SPV it should work on all 2002 (and probably 2003) Smartphones - but it has only been tested on the SPV and E100 (I dont know anyone with any of the other Smartphones)

so I'd say give it a go, and if for some reason it doesn't work, then let me know and I'll see if I can do anything about it

enjoy

muff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest tony_josephs
Works perfectly on the MPx200!    :lol:  

Thanks muff great game

Invaders and Pacman both work great after the AlphaUnlock on MPx200. No problems.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

just for anyone that saw the new version of SPVInvaders going up today

I am planning a C500 / PPC compatible version of SPVMan like I have with Invaders, but whilst converting the code I've realised that I'm going to need to do some things different in the code for it to work 100% as I'd like it to

this is going to take a little time as I'm working on other stuff atm

be assured it's on the todo list tho :)

muff

• 4 months later...
Guest stretchy

Please excuse my ignorance but I'm trying to install spvman on my c500. I've installed spv invaders with no problem (what an excellent conversion) but spv man isn't a cab file and I'm not sure how to install it. BTW my phone has been de certed.

regards Stretchy

Guest Disco Stu

It's just a simple exe I believe.

So copy it across to your storage card. Then right-click, copy, browse to \Storage \Windows \Start Menu \Games and right-click again, Paste Shortcut.

• 1 month later...
Guest brykins

Hi - I only just found this game and it's great. Only problem is that the volume keys on my SPV-C500 don't seem to alter the game volume at all. Even setting my phone to silent has no effect so everyone can hear me playing!

Any idea?

rev_brykins.