Games suggestion list for development

Guest midnight

Guest midnight

urk, hehe, nah, IR sucks for gaming in my opinion, and i'm sure not many people know others in real life with spv's (i could be wrong of course, but i personally dont know anyone else with one, even tho a lot want one :wink: )

Guest Dave.Burn

just a thought that was all

if you could do battleships via GPRS? would you then be able to do games like chess, checkers, reversi(othello) as well? most ones out there now are single player i think

Guest midnight

Hugo, that may be true for austria, but for the uk GPRS is widespread, and so is a very viable option for games on the SPV (hence multiplay games such as Worms coming soon), also, dont forget, some people play games on their spv while even connected through the cradle or other usb cable, so again, multiplay is an option, and why play with yourself when you can play with others (female of course) fnaar fnaar :lol:

I'd be very interested in a simplified clone of "micro machines". tiny car sprite, texture floor and simple objects & collision detection :lol:

Then you get to worry about adding ai....

Guest Carsten Schack-Eriksen

Hi

I think that battleships and other board games, where the speed of communication between the players aren't important could be programmed easyly using sockets on GPRS. When I made the Snake2 with highscore, i just made a few changes to my socket based chat server, so it would be very easy to use that for games like battleship.

But I need a way for people to select an oponent, have you any idears?

I think I will start on battleships via GPRS in the near future.

/Carsten Schack-Eriksen

Guest HungrySPV

It would be really nice to see Dungeon Master or Chaos Strikes Back on the SPV.

Not sure how many of the old timers have played it but it was(is) one of the first and best 3D Dungeon games around.

If you want to see it there is a ported Java version (and source code) at this site.

Dungeon Master Java Web Site

There is also a PC and linux version (and source code) here Chaos Strikes Back - Linux

Really was the best game of its time ! Back in 87 when it was released on the Atari I am sure I failed one of my exams because I just kept playing it !!! But it was worth it :lol:

Guest Raify

What about some sort of 10-pin bowling game?

I second a vote for Frogger!

Super Hang On? (i think that's what the primitive motorbike game was called)

Out Run.

R-Type?

Nathan

Guest SirGaz

OK, my 2 peneth

First off I would love Chuckie Egg, Defender (screen rotated) and Time Pilot.

Regards Battleships, I game came out sometime last year that was herelded as the first on-line game that could be played in the office. Basically all "moves" were transmitted using emails and the game engine loaded the email and reported on what the opponent did to the player. So that the game screen was only visible for a short time and the firewalls didn't detect lots of web traffic. Couldn't something similar be done with the SPV, maybe using SMS? In a months time GPRS will be expensive but most of us have free text bundles. just a thought.

Guest midnight

hmmm, time pilot, now theres a blast from the past, one of my fave games years ago, great when you went to the future with all the ufo's everywhere, even tho its really just an update of asteroids its is a great game.

i think sms may be a little too slow, also, not everyone will have free sms, and for one game, if it was a 10x10 grid, thats a possible 100 sms's per game, ouch! :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mike-oh

Sim, you were after micro machines or something similar? well malloc is workin on micro turismo which is quite similar. The one level demo is very smooth and playable! I can't wait for the full version.

Personally i'd like to see the old pc/amiga game lotus turbo challenge or the likes (i mentioned this elsewhere). Someone said they were working on something similar so i'll keep my fingers crossed!

Guest flashfodder

I got a few to suggest. Any of these would be fantastic. Does anyone remember all of them?.....

Rick Dangerous

Earthworm Jim

Mortal Kombat (Original (with blood/death mode)

Road Rash

Fifa Football (The early years)

Golden Axe

Castles 2 Seige & Conquest

Jungle Strike

Any WWF Wrestlemania game

Super Monaco GP (Original)

Conquerer (Conquest of the roman empire game)

Streetfighter 2 (Any Edition)

Captain Comic

Commander Keen (series of 7 or 8 games)

Duke Nukem (Original 2D game)

Grand Prix 500

Outrun (Or any similar game)

Wolfpack

Simpsons (The Arcade game)

Snake (The original BBC Computer game (Circa 1985/7). In the original game you picked up numbers as oppose to '*'. As you picked up a number, your tail increased by the size of the number (1-9). When your snake almost filled the screen, you had to eat your own tail but now you were on the next speed level (Level 1-9). Twas a great game.)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest damianlewis

How about a Z interpreter (such as Frotz) that can play the old Infocom text adventure games such as Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?

Would need easy text input (T9?). PocketPC source is available out there.

Guest Nigma

Atomic Bomberman would rock! Specially 4-player.

Also some of those Lucas Arts adventure games...

Indiana Jones, Day of the tenticle, Monkey Island, Sam & Max etc...

Anand

Guest STuFF

hu ????

you dont know PocketScumm ???? :)

please look in this forum for PcoketScumm... This is an emulator to play ALL the lucasFilms games... So you can play with day of the tentacle, monkey island on your SPV :(

• 2 weeks later...