MoDaCo Summer Event 2003 - 30th August 2003 - Full Details!

Guest PaulOBrien

Thanks to all the organisors of the MoDaCo Event for all the work you put into a great afternoon and to Orange for the venue & catering etc.

A great opportunity to put faces to names and chat generally, have a drink or two, or three, a bite to eat get a few freebies to boot.

Good quiz (where the hell did you get some of the part II questions!) Thanks also for the prize - the keyboard is brilliant, I was going to buy one this week - hows that for jammy.

Once again if you were there - thank you. If you wern't - don't dare miss the next one!

Tosh

Good day, I think i got a dodgy belly from my cheese and 'meat' pizza afterwards. (but it was free.. should i have taken the hint?)

The questions in part 2 were a product of some interesting googling and my twisted mind. And you can see the questions and answers in Off Topic.

Just got back to Norfolk, opened my 'bag' bag and extracted the contents.. Woo.. Sitting here in my microsoft mobile cap!

Thanks to all at MoDaCo, O and MS who helped make the even happen.

Good to see you all, and well done for getting all the cash for charity!!

Here's to the next one.

Will

Guest Gorskar

was a great time - thanks to Orange and Paul for putting it on. I'm now finally on my way back, Hope to see you all at the next one!

Ps, Mono I'm surprised you managed that pizza after eating all the Chicken! :)

Posted from my SmartPhone!

as i asked before.....

what the hell is the new modaco plus benefit?

its not smartanoid is it? cos i got that... thanks matt

Guest Paul [MVP]

The plus benefit (in addition to smartanoid) that was due to be ready yesterday has been delayed... So you'll have to wait for IRC access on your phone... ;-)

P

just got in from the return journey :)

guys, what can I say...

beer, snacks, more beer, mono + richie in a food eating contest to avoid missing trains, then more beer in the worlds loudest pub, then more beer until last orders at 2am

excellent

oh and there was an event in there somewhere as well

great to meet some more of the gang properly

obviously a big thanks to all those who gave up their free time to organise + run the event - much kudos guys

and a well done to all the members who came along to make the event work

see you all soon,

muff

p.s. anyone know a good way to get Guiness out of white t-shirts ;)

Let me just repeat the thanks to all for organising the event. Look forward to "Mr Orange" being on the forum in the future and i hope that the marketing guy manages to OTA his phone and install my David Brent and The Office scheme (see my signature for a link to it!), we tried for ya mate but no luck, we needed a PC! Cheers to doyle_am for driving us up in the vw van and nice one on winning the e100, however, i warn you all that i am most definately on a run of winning now after picking up a keyboard and msdn T-Shirt! The $600 is mine! :) Finally i hope that ajb's back is ok after kipping on mine and ukpauls' sofa at uni and that andyjonesgte is feeling a little better now after we all got there early and made the most of the free beer before anyone else! Look forward to meeting you all again soon and sorry we had to leave from the pub so early but the van would have been locked in the multistory car park we were in until monday if we hadn't gone! Ps. Paul: the missus didn't bump the car while i was at the meet!

Pps. Nice one spacemonkey on the programs app!

Guest doyle_am

Sorry but you don't have a chance of winning that $600 Brody, I've already made room on my desk for the Mio's docking cradle for when it arrives!

Thanks to all again for yesterday.

Posted from my brand new E100!

Guest ajb3000
Finally i hope that ajb's back is ok after kipping on mine and ukpauls' sofa at uni

The sofa was actually quite comfy, just a shame it wasn't a bit longer :)

Guest Simon Desser
Good day, I think i got a dodgy belly from my cheese and 'meat' pizza afterwards.

Will, I had a "Meat" Feast, and I've had a really bad stomach all yeserday and this morning :oops: :twisted:

BTW, thanks to Paul, Orange and everyone who attended the meet :)

anyone remember what the programs were that i won in the quiz.... i was not listening!

code wallet? and something else?

james

ps: sorry for all the people who were expecting to see my spv with blue leds

Guest nickcornaglia

I know this is a bit late to ask....I thought someone would have done it already. But could someone post a list of items of smartphone topics discussed and announcements from the meeting?

Guest siu99spj
I win !!! ;)

what's my prize ? :roll:

it is blurry because i svaed it as a bad quality jpg :)

Not quite, you failed, at the very least, to mention myself, ClintEastman, Cpt Andy and Peewee or the DivX Monkeys who failed abysmally in the quiz!!!!

And no matter how blurry the pic, my black T-Shirt stands out a mile!