Official MoDaCo Homescreen

Guest midnight

Brilliant Homescreen, I thought nothing would make me remove Celsols XP screen, but it seems to have gone quiet on that front.

So on with Midnights creation - I'm hooked. Very nice, but agree about button colours etc.

Tony

Guest namiran

it seems i have the same problem as madu. the most "down" i can scroll is to the shortcut thingie....maybe because i've got a E100 and not the original SPV? well...since i dont know what the secret "link" page does, can someone tell what it was supposted to do?

Guest nickcornaglia

Seems the Tanagers are having problems with the LINKS. I just made a quicking using that code. I can run it on my SPV but the other person cant run it on their Qtek. When clicked...settings come up for them.

Are the plugins different possibly? Could the association of HTM HTML extensions be broken?

Guest squall

midnight little request

when you update the skin would it be possible to have a bigger sond title box in the media player skin? just for songs with long titles etc.

Guest midnight

encece, yep, the plugins are different, it will be fixed for the next modaco skin.

I have kind of given up with this skin as i can now skin many more screens (see Alien Invention skin), and so, this weekend i will be doing a much improved (technically and graphically) MoDaCo skin featuring the recent stuff i've figured out.

Guest nickcornaglia

Thanks Midnight. (I'm a bit proud that I identified that....like a detective!)Does anyone have the Tanager's Shortcuts Plugin numbers?

Guest schildy

Call me late on the pick up, but what a superb screen and the extras with it. I have been looking for something (not quite smart enough to design/write my own yet) and this is great. Excellent work midnite, looking forward to the next one!

Guest Neo1980

I cannot install :)(

Runs thje setup program and appears to DL to my phone but i am not asked where to save it and after a reboo, nothing, No new files at all in Application Data > Home or anywhere else on the phone..

Any help? This theme looks really nice and i want it.

me me me, mine mine mine, now now now :o

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chauhan_vijay

hey wiked skin but is anyone having the problem of the phone not ringing when a call is coming thru, ie someone is calling and i dont even know that someone has called as it stays on the homescreen. this is the same for the reception, it shows as having none! and the texts i never receive and senders receive delivery reports.......

help

vijay

Guest chauhan_vijay

I d/l the homescreen from this site and then installed it and then i never received a call or text or any sort of action on the spv until i uninstalled it. I thought that it maybe a bug when there werent no reception but then I was told by others that were sending me texts or making calls that it'd be ringing and id received no missed calls and texts for that matter!

I did then use a friends fone to ring my fone and it was ringing on his fone and i had nothing on mine, just the skin at the homescreen as if no one was calling

Do u know of why this is? any solutions

thanks

vijay

Guest Richie M

as the man said vijay, definitly not the _homescreen :?

There is nothing in a _homescreens XML that effects any of the phones functionality.

There is a known issue tho that the phones for some, unknown, reason occasionally doesnt recieve calls :)

But it may be worth giving your cell provider a call.

Guest chauhan_vijay

Hi guys

I have reinstalled the theme/homescreen on your advice and I get the same as before, this is after a master reset as well! I can not receive any calls, the person on the other end will just get frustrated calling and I have no reception indicated even thou my fone works and text received arent shown!

I understand that the fone has no impact on the functionality of the fone, but can it be the XML theme not recognising the features of the network, ie reception, calls and texts? On my fone specfically, do I have the latest OS update 1.3.5.6? Could this be a factor? Your help please......

I have called Orange and they have denied a prob with the fone not receiving call!!!!!! I just thought "Bar-stewards," there are some planks who work in the call centres, you ask them a question and they hang up if it gets too technical

Cheers

Vijay

• 2 weeks later...
Question:  Why do the all day events only show up when you are over them?  Anyway of modifying that so they always show up?

Because in the xml document there is no setting for unselected text in that part of the homescreen (or it's set to transparent, can't remember which). You can modify it in notepad, it's the part called "evenement" I believe. There was something in this thread about how to modify the homescreen I think, it's either in this one or a related one and I'm far too lazy to check for myself ;)

Yep yep, realised that after speaking to Richie_M. Modified the xml file now. It treats the all day events the same as the calender now, in terms of if theres no all day event it shows nothing, and if there is an all day event it shows it in black all the time (like it would an upcomming appointment). Most excellent ;)

I've got all my text in the same blue as the clock when unselected and in bold white when selected. Found the black a little hard to make out, especially when the backlight's not on.

<plugin clsid="{2FFD93B3-0FF0-4228-A6D6-D2DF177D7D92}" name="evenement" height="20"> 

<background b-border-width="0"> 

<format state="selected" halign="left" bgcolor="transparent" font-weight="bold" bgimage="IPSMApplication DataHomeMoDaCoallday.jpg"/>

</background>

<label >

<format state="selected" y="-1" x="0" w="154" h="16" fgcolor="#ffffff" bgcolor="transparent"/>

<format state="unselected" y="1" x="0" w="154" h="16" bgcolor="transparent"/> 

<text w="128" y="0" x="24">><subject/></text> 

</label> 

</plugin>

Just replace the whole plugin block that has name="evenement".

• 4 weeks later...
Guest niacin65

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it with search. Has anyone gotten the hidden links to work with a Smart Amazing phone? I love the skin, but I can't access that shortcut, SAPs only scroll down as far as the MRU menu...TIA

Guest nickcornaglia

I think the shortcut plugin is only available on Orange ROM Phones. I wonder if it can be duplicated?

Should be part of the OS as far as I'm concerned.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.