About SPV modem

Guest mvtl9902

Guest mvtl9902

Hi all,

No it's not a question about how to connect windows through my SPV modem !

It's a beat more technical. I'm wondering why the SPV lost its CR (carrier detect) each time it dials out the number ?

Windows detects that the carrier is lost but it waits for a long, hopping that something will change. That's the case, PPP protocol starts !

Unix detect that the carrier is lost too, but it immediatly dials out again. But the phone is not hangup and it send the PPP negiociation data. So PPP connection can't start.

I tried the AT&C0 to force CR without success.

Any idea ?

Thanks

It sound like a net work problem where you are not fully connected via your carrier.

I would suggest calling your network and asking them to re-attatch your account to the network

Jedi

Guest mvtl9902

Thanks for your reply.

What do you mean network problem :?:

I don't think it's a problem with my mobile operator.

CR (Carrier Detect) is a modem "flag". It's UP when the modem catch the carrier wave signal. And it is DOWN when the line (for exemple analogic phone POTS) is off.

In the SPV case, the line is not hang, PPP protocol server (Operator side) start talking but the SPV modem set the CR flag down. Then, when dialing software check CR flag down, it's stop or it's waiting a moment or it's try dialing number again.

- Windows RAS client is waiting, hoping that CR will be UP, so it see the PPP dialog and starts handchecking.

- Linux (wvdial, KPPP) immediatly stops processing.

:idea: To be sure that problem is come from SPV modem emulator, does anybody, outside France, can activate is windows RAS log (In modem configuration check log. The file .log will be in your Windows directory) , and post it here. Just to verify if you have the same symptom.

Many thanks

Hi MTVL,

Sorry i was abit vague with my last post, what I meant was;

The Carrier is the connection method whether it is GPRS, CSD or GSM, so one would assume that your device is not completing the DUN or Hand Shake protocol with your network to enable a sucessfull connection.

However after your explanation of the 'Flag' it sounds as if the modem driver is 'hanging' in which case I would ensure nothing else is running that would want use of the modem and if it still persists try replacing your modem driver or do a complete re-install of your modem.

If this fails I would recommend you contact your net work provider for a second or third line tech support on this issue.

Sorry I can't be of more help on this subject, but I do wish you well for a speedy resolve. :)

Jedi

Guest mvtl9902

ok it's more clearly :wink:

Again I don't think it's a modem driver problem. Because, the problem is same under Windows and Linux. And of course they don't use the same USB driver.

What's more, Windows or Linux driver or only USB to serial converter. The modem emulator is in the SPV. Each AT command is interpreted by the SPV.

I'll be very interesting in viewing connexion log from your country. Are you able to send it to me ?

Thanks Jedi

Guest mvtl9902

Thanks all for your help.

In fact I found a solution. I'm using chat software. With it you can specify to not care about CR signal.

And now, even if the SPV lost its CR signal, it is possible to end handchecking PPP protocol.

Close