Wishlists Anyone?

Guest spv_dman

Guest spv_dman

I've been using the smartphone for over a month now, and I'm satisfied with its features except for the bugs I've encountered. Now I can do more with my phone than just making a call, sending sms or mms. It's a totally different experience from the Nokia phones we've been used to for half a decade. Whereas nokia didn't gave us the flexibility to upgrade our phones by ourselves (probably a marketing strategy) with SAP we can do that as long as the hardware can meet up with the software requirement upgrades. However, it has a limited market here considering that one has to be a bit computer literate to play around with what it has to offer. Though I'm from IT, it took me some time to get used to a non-Nokia phone. I heard there's approximately 2k+ SAP users here in the Philippines. Probably a lot more now since it was offered to Smart employees as service units B)

Anyway, some features I guess everyone's looking forward to for future upgrades and official software releases and can be supported by our existing tanager:

1. Ability to create groups in contacts

2. Polyphonic ringtone support.

3. Profile-based ringtones and SMS tones like in Nokia

4. Better power management.

5. Desktop integration. Be able to send SMS and do other stuffs with your phone when connected to a PC other than through remote desktop.

6. Option to close application instantly when you want to exit other than through a third party task manager.

7. Virtual memory if applicable

8. Be able to add SMS folders and transfer SMS from inbox. Currenty this is only possible when you sync your phone with an existing outlook custom folder.

9. Backup data to PC not just the defaults but the entire IPSM (other than contacts, etc.)

10. "SMARTPHONE Office" (word, powerpoint, excel) - heard this one's forthcoming :)

Anything more you have in mind? ;) :D :D

Guest Rolandml
I've been using the smartphone for over a month now, and I'm satisfied with its features except for the bugs I've encountered. Now I can do more with my phone than just making a call, sending sms or mms. It's a totally different experience from the Nokia phones we've been used to for half a decade. Whereas nokia didn't gave us the flexibility to upgrade our phones by ourselves (probably a marketing strategy) with SAP we can do that as long as the hardware can meet up with the software requirement upgrades. However, it has a limited market here considering that one has to be a bit computer literate to play around with what it has to offer. Though I'm from IT, it took me some time to get used to a non-Nokia phone. I heard there's approximately 2k+ SAP users here in the Philippines. Probably a lot more now since it was offered to Smart employees as service units  B)  

Anyway, some features I guess everyone's looking forward to for future upgrades and official software releases and can be supported by our existing tanager:

1. Ability to create groups in contacts

2. Polyphonic ringtone support.

3. Profile-based ringtones and SMS tones like in Nokia

4. Better power management.  

5. Desktop integration. Be able to send SMS and do other stuffs with your phone when connected to a PC other than through remote desktop.

6. Option to close application instantly when you want to exit other than through a third party http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7065>Task Manager.

7. Virtual memory if applicable

8. Be able to add SMS folders and transfer SMS from inbox. Currenty this is only possible when you sync your phone with an existing outlook custom folder.

9. Backup data to PC not just the defaults but the entire IPSM (other than contacts, etc.)

10. "SMARTPHONE Office" (word, powerpoint, excel) - heard this one's forthcoming   :)  

Anything more you have in mind?  ;)  :D  :D

For me naman

first is option to delete all phone book entry

and add Java capabilities for smartphone :-P

Guest grifter

you can delete all phonebook entry via outlook (activesync). or you can rename or delete the .vol files in the root directory of /ipsm. but don't delete cemail.vol as this file contains your sms mesgs.

the onl drawback to this approach is that you also lose your shortcut keys, calendar events, and tasks. hehe... but if you don't use the calendar and tasks (for me the built-in tasks is useless), this won't be an issue.

Guest grifter

as for suggestions, here are some:

1. better hardware quality!!! better replacement parts. My new silver call keys are starting to chip again. tsk tsk.

2. option to turn off saving to sent items folder for SMS. this is annoying and eats up a lot of space and having to use SMS Tools is too tedious.

3. SMS sent counter -- to track SMS usage. Useful for AddictMobile users for obvious reasons.

4. phone will still ring when hands-free is connected. i keep the hands-free connected while driving but i don't put the earphones to my ear so i miss some calls when driving. hehe..

5. Themes that change according to the profile selected including call divert options, etc.

Guest sodafish

i've just recently purchased my smartphone, i like the interface, but there are flaws also in it:

i wish:

1. better battery life, like maybe 3 days to 4 days of standby time.

2. concanated messages

3. when message failed, the sms should remain there.

1. I wish not only for built in sms counter, but for mms and gprs as well.

2. Smaller unit.

3. Personalized folders.

4. built in fm radio/ or tv.

5. changeable housing.

6. LONGER BATTERY LIFE.

Guest Rolandml
you can delete all phonebook entry via outlook (activesync). or you can rename or delete the .vol files in the root directory of /ipsm. but don't delete cemail.vol as this file contains your sms mesgs.  

the onl drawback to this approach is that you also lose your shortcut keys, calendar events, and tasks. hehe... but if you don't use the calendar and tasks (for me the built-in tasks is useless), this won't be an issue.

grifter, Thanks for the information :) I already delete all my entry manually but I will try your suggestion next time that I need to reset my phone book entry

Guest dinoalbert

capable of sending contacts through email, not just by iR.....an infrared with range like that of a PPC that can be used as a video/audio remote control using a 3rd party app....faster processor....longer battery life....SMS counter :)

Guest ragnarokk1977

I'm just new here but I'd like to add a note to grifter's comment:

y'

the SAP can compose concatenated mesgs. there's just no visible alarm/warning that you're in sms no. 2 or 3.

Guest ragnarokk1977

Oops. I fergot:

I do not recommend sending concactenated msgs because more often than not, the messages fail. Yun pala na-send yung mga first two parts or so. Not reliable. Am not sure though whether its the network or the hardware/software.

WISHLIST PALA: Wish I could get rid of the unneccessary files under the WINDOWS folder.

Guest grifter

I am aware of the SMS counter on top, what I was wishing for is the SE SMS warning type -- when you are on your 2nd, 3rd SMS, a popup window comes up and tells you that you are now in SMS 2, etc. IMHO, adding a number then removing it after composing a message is tedious.

ok yung multilink SMS using 1.50.28. i think they fixed the bug.

Guest laurence3279

My wishlist:

1. The battery would not be attached to the back cover (like almost all Nokias except the 5110).

2. Battery life would be longer like 2 days or more.

3. The earphones would have a regular type of jack so it will accept any commercially available earphones. (unless they include a free earphones in the box like in the U.K.)

4. Voice Dial

5. Built in universal remote control (like in the new Ipaq)

Guest virgil
My wishlist:

1. The battery would not be attached to the back cover (like almost all Nokias except the 5110).

2. Battery life would be longer like 2 days or more.

3. The earphones would have a regular type of jack so it will accept any commercially available earphones. (unless they include a free earphones in the box like in the U.K.)

4. Voice Dial

5. Built in universal remote control (like in the new Ipaq)

for your voice dial man, try this thread.COOL :!: :) ;) v

@ http://www.fonix.com/

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php...t=87403&start=0

Guest ppcsurfr

For SMS sending with SMS character/message counter, look at my tips in smartphone thoughts and ppcw.net on how to use SmartDial.

If you enter then name first by tapping on the numeric keys while in the home screen, you will be presented with the SMS character/messagecouonter... at least for new messages, you don't have to enter and delete a number to make the counter appear.

Mabuhay! ~ Carlo

Guest spv_dman
i wanted to download ringtones and pictures straight to my phone using gprs.

You can download sound files (wavs, midi) straight into your phone using GPRS through internet explorer. When you played a downloaded sound file, there's an option to save it (right softkey 'Menu > Save Sound') as long as the format is supported. By default, this goes to IPSMApplication DataSounds. Then you can set this as systems sound (ringtone, sms tone etc.,) under "Programs>Settings>Sounds". For pictures (jpg, bmp, etc), I don't think there's an option to save it like sounds but I guess it's temporarily saved somewhere in the phone when you're viewing it through internet explorer.

hardware side:

integrated 1.3 or 2.0mp digicam for the spv2

faster processor

64 memory inside

and longer battery life!

software side:

delete all messages functions like the nokia phones

sms count, and warning if you've exceeded 1 sms

faster processing (os efficiency?)

if the spv had all this.. it'd be PERFECT!