The BIG Planus Announcement

Guest asif @ planus

Guest FrankyG

Now the full MMC isn't working, once you login..that it..try to do anything else and get kicked back to the login screen again. maybe they're working on it and thats why this is happening... :shock:

Guest ajb3000
maybe they're working on it and thats why this is happening... :shock:

LOL :)

EDIT: I can't stop cracking up over ubergeeks picture, classic!

Guest mcwarre

LOL  :)

EDIT: I can't stop cracking up over ubergeeks picture, classic!

I thought that his name was Comical Ali not Comical Asif :wink: :wink:

Guest mcwarre

Ubergeek,

That has got to be one of the best (and most accurate) replies ever. :) :o

Apologies Asif, I hope you prove me wrong.  Time will tell.  :wink:

Time is very telling............

Guest ben_341

Oh dear, this is all very concerning. I didn't realise what was going on, I've been waiting patiently for the SPV app, as everyone else have. I cancelled text bundles etc when Planus was launched - 3.9p was very much better than the 6.6p that I was paying before. Although from all the down time and not being able to send a message from my phone for any cheaper than 12p for, erm, 4 weeks or so? I'm getting a bit tired.

I want this to work, I really do, I'm going to be spending a lot of time working in the states, it would be great to have these cheap messages (providing I can get hold of a phone that will work over there and will allow me access to minimcc when it's available) and Belgium.

Asif - I would consider myself a loyal customer to your service, one which has been very patient throughout all it's problems and I have since spent more money with you.

I totally agree that the difference between 5p and 6.6p or however much it was isn't really enough to draw people to use your service the same as it was when messages were under 4p. Perhaps a reduction in price, delivery of said spv app and good communication would go a long way in restoring faith and the relationship with your customers.

Come on Asif, don't let this slip, you have an opportunity to make this work, make a success of it and even overcome whatever legal proceedings are pending against you, if you are determined enough and go about things the right way. However I feel that the way things are going at the moment, the service is going to fail, and people like me who have been supportive throughout, are going to be sorely dissapointed.

Please release the SPV very shortly otherwise I'm going to be tempted to call Orange and enable my text bundles again.

Kind Regards,

Ben

Guest mcwarre
Asif - I would consider myself a loyal customer to your service
Ben,

What service is that then, because I don't see one :wink:

Come on Asif, don't let this slip, you have an opportunity to make this work

The opportunity is like ships in the night; long gone and in the past.

However I feel that the way things are going at the moment, the service is going to fail

Is going to, more like has.

I am not anti Asif and would like to see him do well and make a success of this venture. If you look at the majority of posts in this thread you will see that promises were made, and broken, questions were either ignored or insufficient answers given and the chances of this venture getting support from the users here seems to be zilch and I, quite frankly, don't blame them.

Guest ben_341

I'm not anti Asif either, I'm just very dissapointed at the way this has developed. The ability to send sms messages via the fullmcc.com website has proved to be useful, but not sufficient and I wouldn't have paid money for this service alone by any means.

I also don't understand how a competition could be in progress to send the most messages until the 27th August when there isn't an app for the phone?

I don't believe the opportunity to get this service up-and-running has passed. There is always opportunity, although I believe under the current circumstances, taking advantage of the opportunity to repair relationships with customers is going to be increasingly difficult the longer it's ignored.

Asif - I'm quite a friendly guy really, you may contact me via e-mail and we can even talk on the phone, I'm prepared to help if I'm able, as long as it doesn't involve spending any more money with you until the service is complete (which had better be soon as I only have 280 credits left). I don't know what I'd be able to do to help - but the offer is there.

Regards,

Ben

I also don't understand how a competition could be in progress to send the most messages until the 27th August when there isn't an app for the phone?

Well bearing in mind i Still dont have the prize from a competition ran in February, you'd be looking at receiving the iPod in 2004...seriously.

Unfortunately I havent heard anything from Asif lately,

I know that the main SMS site has been coded and should be working, I didnt know of any problems with the code and Asif hasnt contacted me to correct any,

I would consider releasing something myself but while I can code the web interfaces no problem, I dont have an SPV yet to be able to make a program to access the web interface,

Maybe I'll get lucky in the competition :)

Guest ben_341

The two issues I have outstanding with the site are the inability to edit contacts entered into the address book (I was a bit pished when I created some entries and did them wrong and now can't change them), and secondly, the inability to send long messages, which are handy when making plans via sms.

I've not heard from Asif recently either but I have e-mailed him tonight offering my assistance in the only area I feel I can help in that seems to be lacking at the moment - communication.

I hope he will reply to me and that he allows me to try and help improve the service as I have a lot of experience in this field.

Time will tell, I REALLY want this service to continue and that is why I have offered my support.

Regards,

Ben

Hmm Ive just logged in and it seems that Asif has changed a bit of the code, so that may be why the edit contact feature isnt working, as it was working before when I was coding and testing it,

The reason why long messages doesnt work is that the gateway has been changed and so it makes it quite a bit more difficult to send a proper long SMS, rather than 2 or 3 separate SMSs,

Thanks

Guest Firaas
Time will tell, I REALLY want this service to continue and that is why I have offered my support.

Following the events that caused the downfall of Planus, which I heard of earlier in the year, I did not have much hope for Brandt&Retina, and it is apparent that my expectations of the service have been proven by Asif's incompetence.

That said, it is not all over for low-priced SMS. Watch this space :)

Guest ben_341

I've not heard from Asif since 31/07. I find it strange that he would perhaps alter code so that something wouldn't work when he mailed me on 30/07 sounding very pleased that there were no bugs in the code.

I really don't understand what’s going on... I'm not very technical in programming. I've always been responsible for thinking of and writing procedures for best practice of service delivery. Now I teach people how to deliver. I'd like to think that I could bring something valuable to such a small service and help it get its feet back on the ground.

A low cost sms service is something that's going to be (and probably already is) in great demand, and this is why I want to do everything I can to support such a venture, I want to get in on something I know will succeed, but at present I'm unsure as to who exactly is going to succeed in this area. Really, it doesn't matter who it is as long as it's delivered, cheap SMS messages are something that we all deserve, and for some reason networks have recently decided to deprive us of. I want to see b&r succeed but things must obviously change . A lot of money has probably already been invested in this service, and it shouldn't go to waste.

Asif - contact me asap please regarding the e-mail that I sent to you earlier this evening.

Kind regards to all,

Ben

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

FYI, from topic view stats:

asif @ planus

Topic views: 50

First View: Wed 29. Jan 2003

Last view: Sun Aug 03, 2003 9:43 am