Action Update "update"

Guest rodnav

Guest rodnav

hello people?

do any of you guys use action update in the SAP? well, i don't really use it that often myself, but i just tried it again now and i noticed there are a lot of new stuff in it, more ring tones (these are wav files made to sound like polyphonic sounds, without voices, etc) some new images available, and even have some new help files.

when i use this service before, i usually pass through my internet connection on my pc. i wonder if i still get charge for it in my data usage billing? any one who knows?

Guest spv_dman

I guess as long as your pass through internet is setup properly and the "G" icon doesn't appear in the signal icon (see attached snapshot courtesy of randy), you won't be charged for gprs. :) ;) :D

gprs.gif

Guest rodnav

the G icon doesn't show on top of the signal bar when i'm using action update.

have u tried surfing the smart portal? even when i'm using the pass through internet connection, it always dials to the gprs connection and the G icon appears. when i surf on other websites, the G icon disapperas. it didn't use to do this prior to the 1.5 update.

Guest spv_dman

I don't have my pass through connection set up this moment, so I can't answer you based on experience. I guess its not related to the 1.5 update. Anyway, the way I understand it when pass through connection is used in internet explorer (Options >Connections > Select Network > My Corporate Network), it uses this as its default. But if it can't connect and you have "Automatic Detect Settings (ADS)" checked, it uses GPRS as a fallover. Hence when it can't connect to smart portal it uses GPRS as its alternative. Try unchecking ADS and I'll assume that it won't let you connect to smart portal. Maybe you can only connect to smart portal via GPRS? Other tekkies out there should have a more concise explanation :)

Guest sarsi815

just 4 curiosity i tried action update 2day. i dwnloaded a background image and a tone. where n my fone are they downloaded? i can't find d tone n my sound folders. i cant also find d image n my documents folder? thanx. :roll:

Guest rodnav

u can view them at the 2nd item on action update, "view downloads". not exactly sure where in the phone the files are saved. but if u want use the files, there are options in the menu

Guest spv_dman
just 4 curiosity i tried action update 2day. i dwnloaded a background image and a tone. where n my fone are they downloaded? i can't find d tone n my sound folders. i cant also find d image n my documents folder? thanx.  :roll:

You can try "Find" *.wav, *.jpg, etc., using smartexplorer or similar application. It might give you an idea on where to find your saved files :)