SendSMS Software - PC to Smartphone

Guest BlackHowling

Guest BlackHowling

has anybody tried the SendSMS software mentioned in CoolSmartPhone.com site? it says it needs Microsoft .NET Framework to make it run.

has any of you successfully installed it? im not tech savvy so can anyone post a step-by-step procedure on how to do it?

thanks so much.

Guest spv_dman

I've tried it a while ago. It only lets you compose new SMS on your PC send through your phone. You can't read any incoming text, reply nor forward it. It takes a while to load as it reads through your contact list via MS Outlook and loads it to a native database. Take note that even though I've already used Activesync to synchronize my contact list, it still proceeds with the loading. It took me around 5 minutes to finish the task (My contact list is over a hundred, sync through our corporate network and I'm using 28.8 dial up, might be faster through LAN). Upon completion you'll be able to see all of your contacts and default numbers in a drop down list. It's a bit crude but nonetheless a good start for such interface.

As you mentioned, you'll be needing Microsoft.NET Framework. You can download it here:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a...06/dotnetfx.exe

Afterwhich you can already install SendSMS. The application is available here:

http://www.ssw.com.au/RoodNet/DownloadFile...SMS%20Setup.msi

:) ;) :D

SendSMS3.jpg

SendSMS1.jpg

SendSMS2.jpg

Guest spv_dman
What if you want to send it to two or more recipients? s 8 posible?

Not possible, lets you include only one recipient per sms.

Guest spv_dman

@NRoodyn

Good work man. I've been looking for this kind of application since I've purchased my SPV. Found it quite useful specially when I copied texts from my desktop's clipboard to the interface, didn't need to retype anymore.

If you intend to make future versions of this software here are my recommendations:

1. Packaged it in such a way that the Microsoft.Net framework won't be a prerequisite for installation. Honestly, 23MB is too much for ordinary users specially for such a small interface. Maybe you can make a dll or something which will integrate the components of .Net into your software.

2. Integration with Microsoft Outlook.

a. Send / Reply / Forward SMS within MSO just like email.

b. Add recipients using existing contact list.

c. Option of real time or scheduled sync of incoming and outgoing messages to subfolders.

d. Manage SMS from MSO (delete, copy, move to other folders).

3. Notification (see SendSMS3.jpg) redirected to MSO, so no need to click "Ok" on mobile :)

Maybe some of our members can post their comments and "wishlists" as well. Btw, thanks for making this free :o :P :(

Guest Maverick
Thanks for all the comments. I'll incorporate those ideas into the next version.  

Special thanks to spv_dman for providing his help so others can use the program.

all the best

Dr. Neil Roodyn

[email protected]

Wow. A Doctor who knows programming. A rare species indeed.

Guest NRoodyn

Wow so much good feedback!

Thanks guys.

So I have to start thinking about what to implement next.

The most requested thing so far has been a character counter, so I'll do that for sure.

Then based on the emails I've recieved I think I'll add the ability to send the SMS message to multiple recipients.

I would love to embed it into Outlook and I think that would be a bit more work, I'll investigate.

For those that have asked about the technologies used to implement the software it is written in 3 parts Embedded VC++ on the phone, VC++ with COM using ATL for the phone commnication and VB.NET for the front end.

Finally not everyone is having so much joy in getting the software to work. I am struggling to help you all out. It seems a few of you have an issue where the software installs and runs but doesn;t send an SMS and no feedback appears on the phone or the PC screen.

I will try to dig a little deep for you all in the next few days and maybe release a version that provides more feedback on any issues that have occurred.

Many thanks again for the feedback

Dr Neil Roodyn

[email protected]

Guest NRoodyn

Smartphone guys and girls,

I have crated a website for the SendSMS software:

http://www.sendsms.roodyn.com/

I have also uploaded a new version that I have been working on this week. It has a character counter and the ability to send the same message to multiple people.

Let me know what you think.

regards

Dr. Neil Roodyn

Brilliant Neil - your software does what the SPV should have done from the start - it actually has a SMS character counter that works. The bonus of multiple Recipicants is a bonus. Well done and thank you.

Tony

Guest smartrey

I already installed the .net framework in my PC but when I run the SendSMS it said that "this setup requires .net framework version 1.1.4322" Anybody knows where I can dowload the correct version?

Guest mdmagno

I was able to install he application. I have my phone connected to the PC via the ActiveSync v3.7, but I am getting the error below.. please help. Thanks.

"FAILED TO INITIALISE SMARTPHONE DEVICE. Please make sure the phine is connected to your PC and the ActuveSync is running"

Guest jedders26

Hello to all of you... I have recently installed the SendSMS software on my PC (Running XP and running the .net framework as requested during installation, however, when I try to run the allpications, it appears to initialise the smartphone and launch the application.. it also lest me compose the message and choose a contact, however, when I try to send this, it says: Failed to Run process SMSSender, then shows an unspecified error dialog box.. Any ideas???

Thanks everyone, in advance for any help that you can offer.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jammer6

Cool software .... probably one of the most useful apps available for Smartphones

However, I do have a couple of commets....

Whenever I send SMS to multiple recipients, say 50 persons, my Smartphone always prompts me to press "DONE". Apparently, my SMS will not be sent if I don't do this. Is there a way to remove this prompt and just let the phone send all the SMS?

Another thing ... I tried sending a LONG SMS. The program prompts me that it will have to partition the SMS into 17 parts ... however when I click ok, the SendSMS just closes and the sms doesn't get sent. Is this normal?

regards and more power ....

Jammer6

Smartphone guys and girls,

I have crated a website for the SendSMS software:

http://www.sendsms.roodyn.com/

I have also uploaded a new version that I have been working on this week. It has a character counter and the ability to send the same message to multiple people.

Let me know what you think.

regards

Dr. Neil Roodyn

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, am currently using REMOTE DISPLAY CONTROL from Microsoft . I downloaded the .cab file from www.airfagev.com.

It lets you text from your PC! but with a display just like the actual smartphone.

The SendSMS wont work with Win98.