Symbian OS

Guest sodafish

Guest dinoalbert
Is there a possibility that i can install a symbian OS in my Smartphone like in nokia...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If ever thats possible, then you'll have a Nokia phone and not a Smartphone......only with a Smartphone (Tanager) casing.

Well maybe soon you could see in the Tiangges some casings that look like a Tanager so that one can pretend that his Nokia phone is a Smartphone (you know, Nokia phones are good at that ) :)

cheers

Guest sodafish

ohh!!! i juz tot bout it coz it seems they are using the same processor and it is compatible with arm, ryt!!!

juz curious u know, but thanks anyway!!!

Guest spacemonkey

I believe, but might be wrong, that 7650, 3650, Communicator are all ARM based. I also thing the Sony Ericcson P800 is ARM too.

Guest sodafish
I believe, but might be wrong, that 7650, 3650, Communicator are all ARM based.  I also thing the Sony Ericcson P800 is ARM too.

i saw in a website that indeed 7650/3650 is using ARM9xx processor but with 100 MHz, i think...

so it means we can install symbian in our tanager,,, right people???

Guest sodafish
you can't even install the symbian os from a 7650 onto a p800, and they're both using symbian (just different versions).

have you done it already!!!

how???

Guest mores

i said you can't.

as in cannot!

but just think of it, the whole operating system core would need to be rewritten. you'd have to write your own drivers for everything, speaker, screen, input, infrared, etc. etc.

just get a nokia, it's probably cheaper :)

do you want the whole operating system changed, or just run symbian programs?

Guest dewslat
Is there a possibility that i can install a symbian OS in my Smartphone like in nokia...

Why would you like to change OS anyway? Smartphone is much better than ANY NOKIA stuff.. And it is even more expensive.

:!:

Guest mariolouis

guys, think of it this way. did you know that you can change the os of the ipaq (as in the IPAQ) with linux? well, even if it can, why the hell would i want that? it's like what the hell does symbian does that ms smartphone os cannot do?

yes the p800 indeed has ARM9xx processor and the sap has ARM720. does it follow that the p800 has higher processing speed?

Guest sodafish

actually, im just asking if it is posible, so u have choices, its like chosing between windows or linux or dual booting, experimenting , that's all!!!