Start up sound

Guest Rolandml

Guest Rolandml

Hello.... anybody tried to change their startup sound? I have tried it at lease 10 times but it's not working.... I have already tried to change the ringer and sms they are working fine but not the tweak for startup sound. :roll:

Thanks

Roland :shock:

Guest awarner [MVP]

You answered yourself in your post :)

If you click on the word Tweak it will take you to midnight's post on how to change the Start up sound.

To do this you will also need a copy of the reg edit app PHM reg edit found at www.monolithix.org

Guest sarsi815

i now have a cool sound of a harp for my startup (courtesy of midnight's tweak tips). it's been working just fine since i changed. :)

Guest spv_dman
Hello.... anybody tried to change their startup sound? I have tried it at lease 10 times but it's not working.... I have already tried to change the ringer and sms they are working fine but not the tweak for startup sound. :roll:

If you've placed your sound files in your soundcard, this won't work. The phone don't seem to recognize files in the soundcard at startup. Try to put your wav or midi anywhere in IPSM and change the default startup in the registry. You may also use a commercial ringtone editor Soundz Cool.

Guest dinoalbert

read here:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695

courtesy of Midnight:

System Startup Sound

This is similar to all the other sound Tweaks on this page, except for one difference....

THE WAV MUST BE ON THE PHONE, NOT THE SOUNDCARD (nice capitals there so you can't miss it)

I presume the reason it must be on the phone is because during bootup the SD card slot simply hasnt been initialised at the time we need to play the startup sound, maybe someone could confirm this.

Anyhoo, fire up the registry editor and change this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup

Select 'Values'

Select 'Sound'

Change Value Data to the path and name of your wav (eg, if you save the wav to IPSMWindows then the value is simply IPSMWindowsblah.wav, where blah.wav is the name of your wav file of course)

Guest Rolandml
read here:

http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695

courtesy of Midnight:

System Startup Sound 

This is similar to all the other sound http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=7695>Tweaks on this page, except for one difference.... 

THE WAV MUST BE ON THE PHONE, NOT THE SOUNDCARD (nice capitals there so you can't miss it) 

I presume the reason it must be on the phone is because during bootup the SD card slot simply hasnt been initialised at the time we need to play the startup sound, maybe someone could confirm this. 

Anyhoo, fire up the registry editor and change this key: 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup 

Select 'Values' 

Select 'Sound' 

Change Value Data to the path and name of your wav (eg, if you save the wav to IPSMWindows then the value is simply IPSMWindowsblah.wav, where blah.wav is the name of your wav file of course)

Do I really need to save it on the IPSMWindows or I can save the file on my storage card?

and i cant seem to find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup " that is only HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStart

Guest Jassper23

Do I really need to save it on the IPSMWindows or I can save the file on my storage card?

and i cant seem to find "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStartup " that is only HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Control Panel/Sounds/SystemStart

Yo bro. try mong lagay sa IPSMWindows na try ko ng ilagay sa storage card ayaw mag work.

Guest dinoalbert
please read AGAIN Midnight's instruction....its in Capital letters pa....he said " THE WAV MUST BE ON THE PHONE, NOT THE SOUNDCARD (nice capitals there so you can't miss it)

I presume the reason it must be on the phone is because during bootup the SD card slot simply hasnt been initialised at the time we need to play the startup sound, maybe someone could confirm this. "

anyway, its just one single small file lang so hindi masyado maka-apekto sa memory mo :)

yes, thats the one...SystemStart

Guest Rolandml

please read AGAIN Midnight's instruction....its in Capital letters pa....he said " THE WAV MUST BE ON THE PHONE, NOT THE SOUNDCARD (nice capitals there so you can't miss it)

I presume the reason it must be on the phone is because during bootup the SD card slot simply hasnt been initialised at the time we need to play the startup sound, maybe someone could confirm this. "

anyway, its just one single small file lang so hindi masyado maka-apekto sa memory mo :)

yes, thats the one...SystemStart

HAHAHAHA oo nga malabo na talaga mata ko .. binasa kong mabuti ang message at natawa nalang ako sa sarili ko ... kasi naman yung sinunod kong steps para doon sa ringer and sms di ko ganong binasa ang sa startup sound... pero salamat ng marami at na change ko ng startup ko :-P