Free TaskSwitcher for SPV

Guest Xetra

Guest Xetra
@xetra

How can I delete the xbar.exe file from my phone? I placed it directly (not as shortcut) in IPSMWndowsStartup folder. I used Active Sync and SmartExplorer but I get an error message saying "unable to delete" or "cannot delete file xbar:access is denied"

I also tried to overwrite the first version with the b3.1 version but still I cant.  :?:

you must call xbar with record key, and when displayed, press * key to kill xbar

et voila :)

Guest Xetra
A little (ripped) test-skin. A real anoying thing is the missing ICONPOSX command! Should be added azap  :) ... and maybe a ICONNUMBER command too, for more control ...

Great first skin :o

i will add iconpox and maxiconnumber in the next version

Xet'

Guest goofy166

Be careful with this puppy. I put it in my SD card and it blew up all my settings. Lots of work reentering them. Must it go in ISPM memory?

Guest goofy166

I put it in ISPM on my i-mate. No luck. I see the app, but record key does not bring it up. Then I cant seem to delete it. Had to turn the fone off and restart it, then I could. Be a lot better if this was more tested and had a real installer for us dummies.

Guest Terence_Chan

Is it compitable with the Mio 8380 :?: If no, will there be any chance that one will be avalible any time soon?

TIA

I have made a free & simple taskswitcher (like windows Alt tab) for spv.

Xbar Page

(French page but you can mail me in case of trouble.

Regards

Xet'

Guest Xetra
Is it compitable with the Mio 8380 :?:  If no, will there be any chance that one will be avalible any time soon?

TIA

It is certainly compatible with

(xbar is powered by windows ce API)

Guest Xetra
I put it in ISPM on my i-mate. No luck. I see the app, but record key does not bring it up. Then I cant seem to delete it. Had to turn the fone off and restart it, then I could. Be a lot better if this was more tested and had a real installer for us dummies.

To delete the file, quit xbar

(show xbar and press *) in normal way

but in case of bug (like this...) use the excellent SP Task Manager to kill xbar.exe

Xet'

Guest Xetra

did you try the registry version ? (and manually add registry entry) ?

Guest vijay555

Xetra, i love this program!

Rough around the edges? I think it works very wonderfully, and is on my default install list with SmartExplorer!

Will try the two new versions later tonight.

Issues:

Probably not Xbar's fault, but Orneta notepad doesn't show up – at least the version I’m using.

When you choose 2 (close all) when there are no apps open, it goes to the dialling screen with no numbers dialled. Not too irritating, but better for it to quit and do nothing (or go to Homescreen) then take you to the dialling screen for no reason.

Bug (beta 3): it responds to record key even when keypad locked.

Suggestions:

- Vertical icons? Not my thing, but for some people.

- Bar X position: i don't need it, but maybe for some.

- Transparency: this isn't an easy one i guess, but making r255 g0 b255 Magenta transparent on skins would be gggreat! then i could have a two part skin, progs at top, status at bottom, and the rest of the display still visible.

- Customise keys: be able to change 4 & 5 - i don't use calc. and what does 6 do? I've not found the need to refresh. I’d rather have refresh somewhere else, and use 4567890 as shortcuts.

-Battery: Yep, i need battery much more than memory, and i think most others too!

-Carrier: This is a wishlist, but if you could display the carrier strength, we wouldn't need the homescreen sysplugin at all! this would be lovely :)

-Fonts: customisable fonts, or at least font size/weight.

-Volume keys (wishlist): any chance of it taking over the volume keys like mytools? With tanager/e100 scrolling left and right is slightly hit and miss (easy to press enter instead), so if u could use vol up/down as scroll left/right, this would help.

Xetra, this app is one of the most exciting OS improvements in many an age: have you seen WisBar for PocketPC? Source for this is available and has similar features, but I think Xbar surpasses it in simple functionality for the Smartphone.

BTW: anyone know how to get to the date/time page in Settings.exe, like Richie’s alarmplugin does? The alarm plugin still has a bug that can crash the phone if you don’t exit the settings page. I’m happier with the older version, and if I could find a Command Line to date/time, I’d rather use Xbar for this.

Anyway, Xetra, much Kudos, and keep it up!

V :o

Guest cpt_andy

Great proggy!

I'm using the non-reg version and I have no problems with speed :)

Only thing I've noticed is that if you quit the program with '*', the voice record button doesn't revert back to launching voice record. Not really a major one though.

Cpt. Andy

Guest looeee

vijay555

to open any control panel make a shortcut to windowssettings.exe

open the shortcut.lnk in a text editor and add the name of the control panel file

e.g.

23#"Windowssettings.exe" clock.cpl.xml

looeee

This program is great!!!

Can someone please tell me what 'registry edition' means??

<<< i have made some improvments, say me if this version is slow ?

Xbar b3.1

but you can also test a registry edition :

Xbar beta 3 reg edition >>>

***Edit*** OK, I ran a few quick tests on all 3... beta 3.1 appears faster to me, and the registry edition doesn't appear to respond to the record key. The program starts when I select the shortcut, but then it doesn't respond to the record key...

***Edit 2*** Thanks vijay555! I didn't know that's what it meant... I guess I wasn't patient enough to wait... One thing I noticed while trying to get the 7,8,9,0 shortcuts working is that when it can't find the file in the shortcut I get an error. In beta 3 I can bypass the error and continue no problem. In beta 3.1 the Xbar screen is kind of messed up (only shows half of it... using internal skin) and then I have to hit record again before I can hit ok to bypass error. I'm going to stick with beta 3! It's Great!!!

***Edit 3*** Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the 7,8,9,0 shortcuts to work. I read the readme file and this post several times. What I did is copy some shortcuts I already have in my phone that work (for the calendar, task manager, etc) to the same directory I put xbar.exe in (IPSMProgram FilesXBar), then I changed the names of these shortcuts to 7.lnk, 8.lnk, etc. and I get an error saying 'Error opening the shortcut or locating the target filename.' I hit ok and there is another screen showing the file it was trying to access IPSMProgram FilesXBar7.lnk. The file is there though?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guest vijay555

registry version: instead of staying resident and potentially using memory and cpu, this version only loads when you press the record key. Presumably could cause minor delay in the displaying of the skin.

V

Guest vijay555

Cheers looeee.

BTW: just discovered, although this might be old news, but the Control Panel xmls can be edited and saved in windows overwriting "rom" originals, allowing custom [to a degree] control panels.

See attached example.

I attach my alarm panel to shortcut 0 thus:

23#"Windowssettings.exe" alarm.cpl.xml

[explore smartphone, go to windows, back up root.cpl.xml, then overwrite the attached two files]

V

new control panel.zip

screenshot.jpg

Guest Xetra

Xbar BETA 4 is available

Download B4

Xbar Beta 4 (07/08/2003 22h20)

Display engine enhanced

Mode NODAEMON (for experts...) stay not in memory but slowest to start

Mode DAMEON fastest (use less system ressources when in memory)

Key 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 for shortcut

Skin engine enhancement

-Widnow Widh

-Text Center, thermo,Battery graph

-Auto Hide

& more ... (see xbar.txt in french...)

Guest skjelnes

Xbar is a must have. Tanx a lot :)

I some suggestions.

I notised that you can use the volume up/down to scroll through the open applications.

Is it possible to make it open the selected application after 2 seconds if you use the volume buttons? Custom settings in the xbar.ini?

Then you save the trouble of moving the thumb over to the action button.

Disable the Xbar-button (Record button) when the keylock is activated.