Thermometter for SPV (real)

Guest Xetra

Guest Xetra
I wonder how high and low this sensor goes... maybe i should try to put my phone in the freezer :lol:

According to MSDN the api return :

Battery temperature reported in 0.1 degree Celsius increments. It can range from -3276.8 to 3276.7.

:) :o :P :( :lol: :lol:

3276.7 °C que calor !!! :twisted:

Guest Crispy
I'd be impressed if it actually did ;p

Yes, lets send a SPV into orbit and see :) ... hmmm, just a question. Does the meter-color change from red to blue when it reaches zero deg?

Guest fraser

So, the point of this sensor is to check the battery temperature, presumably during charge? I wouldn't take any readings while the phone is charging, it'll be well off. The battery should be heating up during charging, a little extra heat is normal.

Also, if you keep the phone in your pocket and remove it, it'll take a long time (30 mins to an hour I'm guessing) to equalise with the ambient temperature in the room.

Guest mike-oh

Brilliant! I've been playing with this app all day and thought of a few suggestions, but they've allready been done!! :shock: :o It's pretty damn accurate too, look at the photo! It was also quicker at responding to temperature changes than the mercury thermometer on the left.

These temps were outside in the shade but i also tried it in the greenhouse. Last night i also tried it on my bedside lamp and then forgot about it :oops: when i remembered where i'd put it it was reading 49 degrees C :) (fortunately it was an energy saving bulb ).

Thanks a bunch Xetra

Just one question... Why was a thermometer built into the phone if there was never going to be an official app for it?

29degrees.jpg

I tried all ways to get the plugin to work and it dont---i think it needs a boffin to look at the dll as i played with the XML and i dont think thats the problem.

nice app tho good work 8)

Just one question... Why was a thermometer built into the phone if there was never going to be an official app for it?

the function reads the battery's temperature

I'm guessing that the OS polls this and does an emergency cut off if the battery gets too hot

Guest Crispy
I'm guessing that the OS polls this and does an emergency cut off if the battery gets too hot

Yes, that must it! ... But what are the operating temperatues of this thing anyway?

I wouldn't try and test the limits if I were you

from the SDK docs -

BatteryTemperature  

Battery temperature reported in 0.1 degree Celsius increments. It can range from –3276.8 to 3276.7.

Guest mike-oh

Yeah but we want to know when the SPV says enough is enough :) and turns off. Besides i'm off to Death Valley in 3 weeks, i might need to know these things! :o

ok i got it to 50degrees before i chickened out--can anyone better this :o

(i take no reponsibility for melting grilling or your smartphone bursting into flames :) )

Guest mike-oh

On a more pointfull note... would it be possible to add a max and min function so you could leave it running in the background and see the high and low temps later? and maybe log the time along with it? or perhaps log the temperature on the hour or somat?

Just a few ideas. Funny how this app should come along during this heatwave!

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest James

Just to say the temp sensor in the battery is for when is it charging only.....

when a battery charges and starts getting full it starts resisting the charge going into it, this makes the battery warm and the sensor tells the phone its getting full.... its a thermal cut-off that cuts it at around 50 DegC.