BIBLE for SPV!- UPDATED (Aug 9, 2003)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

The HOLY BIBLE for SPV/SMARTPHONE! O:)

- posted first here in MoDaCo then Smartphony

Screenshots:

holybible.gif

1. Choose desired version to download...copy zip files to SD card...unzip using SmartExplorer...then

:arrow: King James' Version

:arrow: American Standard Version

2. Download modified index for specific version. The modified index is required for optimal viewing of the bible on your smartphone. See screenshot.

For King James' Version: CLICK ME

For American Standard Version: CLICK ME

3. Create a shortcut to index.htm and place it in your Startmenu folder for easy access. Rename shortcut as "Holy Bible" or any desired shortcut name.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
Great software :)  

King James Version lang ba to wala ng iba?

:shock:

Meron ding Tagalog version pero di yung buong bible, merong Cebuano version, and American standard version. :o :shock:

Guest adi116

meron ako ASV. na-modify ko na din yung index kaya lang i encountered problems in uploading the attachment - Upload Error: Could not upload Attachment to ./files/bible.zip.

Guest Jassper23

Yung original asv.zip is 2.9MB, malaking file yun. Baka dun nagka problema sa upload. :P

------------

:idea: SO HERE ARE THE LINKS AND UPDATED INDEX FILES :o

1. Choose desired version to download...copy zip files to SD card...unzip using SmartExplorer...then

:arrow: King James Version: http://209.197.73.176/freezip/kjv20.ZIP

:arrow: American Standard Version: http://209.197.73.176/freezip/asv.zip

:arrow: Cebuano Version: http://209.197.73.176/freezip/cebuano.zip - :!: no modified index for this version yet

2. Download modified index for specific version. The modified index is required for optimal viewing of the bible on your smartphone.

Great! thanks :)

I downloaded the ASV and was able to run it on my smartphone. I have to check and install some files twice because somehow some files were not uploaded on my SPV.

Some pages especially, the Old and New Testament pages takes a long time to be viewed on the SPV. So i did some minor editing with Frontpage, to make it significantly quicker to go to any book or chapter.

Backup the files old.htm and new.htm in case you are not satisfied.

Just unzip and copy these files to the folder where you installed your ASV.

Hope this helps.

asvrev.zip

Guest Norbert Aquende

ah sir, wat does NSRV stand for?

Its a bible that can be used by both protestant and catholics. Originally protestant, the latest version has been approved for use by catholics. Called the New Revised Standard Version, it was derived from the orginal KJV, where it started as Standard Version, then became Revised Standard Version before being updated to the current version. Also known as the unversal bible, it can be used by most Christians and even Jews.

Guest dinoalbert
Its a bible that can be used by both protestant and catholics. Originally protestant, the latest version has been approved for use by catholics. Called the New Revised Standard Version, it was derived from the orginal KJV, where it started as Standard Version, then became Revised Standard Version before being updated to the current version. Also known as the unversal bible, it can be used by most Christians and even Jews.

Nobert, this may be off topic but does NRSV contain all the books of the Bible that the Catholics use (including those 7 "deuterocanonical" books that the Protestants dont have in their Bible?)

Guest Norbert Aquende

There are already some Protestant bibles that includes them but not as an official part of the bible but as reference. This is a current trend. Protestants refer to them as Apocryphal while Catholics call them Deuterocanonical. In the NRSV, the books are usually titled "Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical" to cater to both groups and also includes some additional books that are used by Greek and Slavonic Orthodox churches.

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
...In the NRSV, the books are usually titled "Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical" to cater to both groups and also includes some additional books that are used by Greek and Slavonic Orthodox churches.

Are you referring to these books from KJ bible Apocrypha: Baruch, Sirach, 1st Esdras, 2nd Esdras, Judith, 1st Maccabees, 2nd Maccabees, Manasseh, Tobit, Solomon, Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, Azariah, The Rest of Esther ? Na-mention ba samin yung Deuterocanonical books nung highschool???...baka absent ako nung sinabi yun. :)

Kasi pag eto yun, then pwede nating idagdag ang mga 'to. :o

Guest dinoalbert

actually maraming hindi naituro nung high school but it could be learned by self-study :) If your'e interested I could email you what I learned about this "Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical" books :o

There are only Deuterocanonical 7 books: Baruch, Sirach, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Tobit, Judith, and the Wisdom of Solomon, plus portions of Esther and Daniel (seven chapters of the Book of Esther and 66 verses of the 3rd chapter of Daniel, commonly called "the Song of the Three Children")

:P

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)
actually maraming hindi naituro nung high school but it could be learned by self-study  :)  If your'e interested I could email you what I learned about this "Apocryphal/Deuterocanonical" books  :o  

There are only Deuterocanonical 7 books:  Baruch, Sirach, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Tobit, Judith, and the Wisdom of Solomon, plus portions of Esther and Daniel (seven chapters of the Book of Esther and 66 verses of the 3rd chapter of Daniel, commonly called "the Song of the Three Children")

:P

maraming salamat sa info. naka uno ko dati sa theology pero nakalimutan ko na mga yan. gez nagpapalya na mga neurons ko. :(

Guest binky_p

norbert,

from what i know, catholic bible has "nihil obstat" and/or "imprimatur". does this NRSV have these...?

pzee,

i havn't downloaded the bible yet, but i'm sure it will be great help to (all) having this bible inside their smartphone...

I am looking for NIV or NCV, versions of the bible.. a modern english translation for easy understanding :wink: . Can anybody help :?:

KJV and ASV may be a little heavy. :roll:

Guest Norbert Aquende
norbert,

from what i know, catholic bible has "nihil obstat" and/or "imprimatur". does this NRSV have these...?

pzee,

i havn't downloaded the bible yet, but i'm sure it will be great help to (all) having this bible inside their smartphone...

i belive it has an imprimatur.

Guest binky_p

very well,

now could pzee give us the version (NRSV)?...coz there's a big difference between catholic and non-catholic bible...(am sure mr. dinoalbert would agree with me) :)

tnx

Guest dinoalbert

pzee,

can you also do the Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition (RSV) or the New American Version (NAV)...these are the recommended Catholic bible :)