Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest spv_dman

Ang kulit ko talaga sabi nang blank white screen humirit pa hehe. Yeah I remember, I think that happened to me too, I just restarted installation and it was successful afterwards. :)

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest mar9118

Thanks buddy, I hope we were able to somehow help sweetyls...sana lumabas na ang Smart update na katulad ng Qtek pero English ang T9...yun Eurotel bitin din pala ang T9 limited lang ang English vocabulary niya :wink:

Guest dinoalbert

I have already seen from a friend the latest Smart rom 1.6 but its only a test and not yet out for the public...the "Smart Simply Amazing" starup logo has "Test Only Not for Sale" :)

I wasnt able to play with it but I noticed two new programs from the menu...Amazing Explorer and Amazing Store.... I just dont know what are those for :wink:

probably it will be out soon

Guest mar9118

Do you think they still have the reSIM lock feature? Anyway it does not bother me because I have a Smart postpaid line :wink: can't wait to download it...can your friend share us the file for test purpose also? we could help in improving its features :)

Guest mar9118

Yup I agree, as you can read in our thread it was mentioned that the suggestion was read somewhere in MoDaCo :wink:

Pero binabawi ko na ang claim ko that it worked kasi, after restarting my phone the sound came back :cry:

Guest mar9118
thanks for helping... pero wala talaga e. i'm using a 1.04... does that matter? do i have to downgrade pa?

yes you have to downgrade first to Smart ROM version 1.3.7.8 before you can apply the Qtek or Eurotel ROM Update, the ROM version 1.5.0.28 of Smart which comes with version 1.04 bootloader prevents upgrading to other carrier's ROM ;) anyway if you are not planning to unlock your phone and would rather wait...I think Smart will be coming out with a new update soon :)

Guest chosenembryo

does upgrading the rom version from 1.3.7.8 to eurotel or qtek will also erase the messeges in my inbox folder? dami kc akong valuable messeges kaya em jaz asking muna if it will be gone pag nag upgrade ako. :) any1? :?:

jst in case na mawawala nga, is der a way that i can back it up and restore it after my upgrade? bydwei, anyone knows ba kun sang part ng program or ng file or folder sa smartphone na sstore ung messeges? :?:

Guest spv_dman

chosenembryo wrote:

"does upgrading the rom version from 1.3.7.8 to eurotel or qtek will also erase the messeges in my inbox folder? dami kc akong valuable messeges kaya em jaz asking muna if it will be gone pag nag upgrade ako. ;) any1? :?:"

Guess what?!?! Hindi lang messages mo mawawala, THE WHOLE IPSM will be erased in the process :) This includes your contacts, post installed programs etc.

To backup your contacts, you have two options: either sync it with MS outlook or copy your contacts to your SIM (1 name:1 number lang ang kaya, I think), and just sync back with outlook/ copy back to phone respectively when you're done with the upgrade.

"jst in case na mawawala nga, is der a way that i can back it up and restore it after my upgrade? bydwei, anyone knows ba kun sang part ng program or ng file or folder sa smartphone na sstore ung messeges? :?:"

I think "cemail.vol" holds all the messages under IPSMApplication Data if I'm not mistaken. Search ka na lang within the forum to double check if I'm right and just remember to test it out first before proceeding with the upgrade. Good Luck!

Guest crystal01

u know what, my fone always hangs whenever i try to upgrade my phone to smart's update, laging naghahang sa canary screen then ang message cannot identify your smartphone. bad trip. first time nangyari, i went pa sa wireless center dahil kahit hard reset wala na..then they are the ones who upgraded it for me pero mukhang di nila inupgrade kase yung version ganon pa din...so inupgrade ko ulit magisa. hay naku error na naman! buti na lang i tried this qtek rom..ok na phone ko! yipeee! at may smiley pa ÜÜÜ

Guest Jassper23

pangit pala ng i-mate update... mabuti nalang bumalik nako sa qtek... walang delete all option para sa SMS e and di pweding mga sound sa SD card sa my documents...

Guest mar9118

Malapit na daw lumabas ang 1.6 update ng Smart but I am not so excited kasi sigurado ko it will SIM-Lock our phone again and malay mo they might even make it harder to load ROM upgrade from other carrier :roll:

Guest spv_dman
pangit pala ng i-mate update... mabuti nalang bumalik nako sa qtek... walang delete all option para sa SMS e and di pweding mga sound sa SD card sa my documents...

Hmmm... Meron bang option sa qtek to delete all SMS?

Guest mar9118

Yes meron....while in Inbox press 'Menu' then 'Show Folders' then move to the folder you want and press 'Menu' again then you can see the option 'Delete SMS messages' :)

Guest spv_dman
Yes meron....while in Inbox press 'Menu' then 'Show Folders' then move to the folder you want and press 'Menu' again then you can see the option 'Delete SMS messages' :)

Oo nga noh!! ;) Bye bye SMS tools!

Di ba dati wala nito sa lower version na ROM? :roll:

Guest dinoalbert

spv_dman, hehehe ngayon mo lang ba nalaman yan eh di ba ikaw unang naka-discover ng Qtek update (ikaw nga ba yun?) :)

guys, naalala nyo ba yung isang website/ url na may download collection ng different ROM versions ?

thanks...

Guest spv_dman
spv_dman, hehehe ngayon mo lang ba nalaman yan eh di ba ikaw unang naka-discover ng Qtek update (ikaw nga ba yun?)  :)  

guys, naalala nyo ba yung isang website/ url na may download collection ng different ROM versions ?

thanks...

Hindi ako unang nakadiscoverer nun sa pinoy smartphone ko yata unang nakita yung update tapos try ko lang. Napost ba dito about delete all sms? Hindi ko yata nakita :roll: Biruin mo nag install pa ako ulit ng sms tools meron na palang built-in :x

Eto yung link for all the ROMS, yun nga lang some are dead already like the orange update:

http://www.smartphonefrance.com/default.asp?r=rom