Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

spv_dman, you mean my spv must be in the canary tricolor screen before i execute the Qtek update? sori i'm still a newbie with the SPV e. I'm still exploring. I'm interested kasi of the upgrade e. I've previous upgraded my spv to smart's ver 1.50 rom. Now I want to try the Qtek update. could you help me?

chibako, i have already tried that but at no result at all. when your bootloader is 1.04 (1.50.28), the installer just locks up and hangs the pc without any actions at all, same for all UK updates also, :oops: it sucks though but getting the 0.98 might solve this problem. i think that, or conclude that this 1.04 does not entertain any updates. me? i have to resort in downgrading my loader first before anything else. :wink:

Guest mar9118

ching:

review mo ang mga post sa forum and you will find the answers to your most of your questions, anyway....you have to downgrade first your ROM to Smart 1.3.7.8 update then apply the Qtek 1.50.9.1 update via the canary or bootloader screen :)

Guest dinoalbert

@mar, spv_dman

I will sim-unlock later my SAP (Qtek rom). Nakalimutan ko kaseng i-unlock when it was 1.3.6 palang bago ako nag-Qtek. Can you please confirm itong procedure kung tama ba ang pagkakaintindi ko sa mga posts nyo:

1. downgrade to Orange rom (my bootloader will become 0.98 in the process)

2. apply spv unlock software

3. upgrade again to Qtek rom

Also, I will help a friend unlock his SAP (with Smart 1.6 rom), doing the ff process :

1. downgrade to Smart 1.3.7 rom

2. downgrade to Orange rom

3. apply spv unlock software

4. upgrade to Qtek rom

TAMA BA? :roll:

Guest mar9118

Yes you can do that .... meanwhile I just change my ROM to SAP 1.5.0.28 and will now try the approach of spv_dman ... change bootloader first to 0.98 and do Qtek 1.50.9.1 :)

Guest spv_dman
Also, I will help a friend unlock his SAP (with Smart 1.6 rom), doing the ff process :

1. downgrade to Smart 1.3.7 rom

2. downgrade to Orange rom

3. apply spv unlock software

4. upgrade to Qtek rom

TAMA BA?  :roll:

Hmm... Smart 1.6 ROM ? Meron na ba nun? Last time I heard test roms pa lang yun. If you're pertaining to 1.50.28, you can't downgrade to 1.37. You must downgrade the bootloader first to 0.99 or lower before changing the ROM.

Guest mar9118

spv_dman:

are you sure you have done what you said about downgrading bootloader to 0.98 for SAP with ROM 1.5.0.28 and bootloader 1.04? I just finished changing my ROM to 1.5.0.28 just to try your approach but the bootloader in the SD card is not being detected by the 1.04 bootloader of Smart, I know I have done this before but can't remember so now I confirm that this approach doesn't work ;)

I will try my approach again and update you guys .... :)

Guest casperr

Is it true that with this QTEK ROM, mas maganda ang power management ng phone and battery can last for 2 days?

Ahh now i really want to downgrade my phone :) Wala ba sa inyong pwedeng tumulong or kahit if I have to pay the service. I can do it by myself kaso, I dont know kung kanino ako pwedeng kumuha nung bootloader na 0.98 :?

Guest spv_dman

mar9118 wrote:

"spv_dman:

are you sure you have done what you said about downgrading bootloader to 0.98 for SAP with ROM 1.5.0.28 and bootloader 1.04? I just finished changing my ROM to 1.5.0.28 just to try your approach but the bootloader in the SD card is not being detected by the 1.04 bootloader of Smart, I know I have done this before but can't remember so now I confirm that this approach doesn't work

I will try my approach again and update you guys .... "

Yup I've done the downgrading from that SMART ROM 1.50.28 and bootloader version 1.04. Are you sure you've copied the bootloader to sd card correctly?

Guest mar9118

spv_dman:

Of course I did copy the bootloader correctly, It has been used many times already, anyway I am now trying to downgrade to 1.3.7.8 update you later :)

Guest spv_dman

@mar9118

Ok, sabi mo kasi kanina hindi madetect ang bootloader sa sd card mo :shock: So ngayon ok na? I mean you already see 0.9x in your canary screen? If so, malamang ok na yang downgrade mo back to 1.3.7.8. :)

Guest dinoalbert
Hmm... Smart 1.6 ROM ? Meron na ba nun? Last time I heard test roms pa lang yun. If you're pertaining to 1.50.28, you can't downgrade to 1.37. You must downgrade the bootloader first to 0.99 or lower before changing the ROM.

@spv_dman

Yes, version 1.6 rom. If you have read my previous post in this thread, I have mentioned already that an officemate bought a SAP from a Smart employee...it has "Smart SimplyAmazing TEST ONLY NOT FOR SALE" in the bootup screen :)

Guest chibako

ching wrote:

chibako, i have already tried that but at no result at all. when your bootloader is 1.04 (1.50.2, the installer just locks up and hangs the pc without any actions at all, same for all UK updates also,  it sucks though but getting the 0.98 might solve this problem. i think that, or conclude that this 1.04 does not entertain any updates. me? i have to resort in downgrading my loader first before anything else.

thanks man! i'm now in the process of looking for somebody with a bootloader of 0.99 or lower... :)

Guest spv_dman

@spv_dman

Yes, version 1.6 rom. If you have read my previous post in this thread, I have mentioned already that an officemate bought a SAP from a Smart employee...it has "Smart SimplyAmazing TEST ONLY NOT FOR SALE" in the bootup screen ;)

Ah ok. So you'll have the 1st hand information if that rom is downgradeable/upgradeable. :)

Guest mar9118
@mar9118

Ok, sabi mo kasi kanina hindi madetect ang bootloader sa sd card mo  :shock: So ngayon ok na? I mean you already see 0.9x in your canary screen? If so, malamang ok na yang downgrade mo back to 1.3.7.8.  ;)

spv_dman:

was not able really to change my bootloader from 1.04 to 0.98 using the SD card with 0.98 bootloader (It works fine if my bootloader is 0.99) but I was again able to downgrade to ROM 1.3.7.8 via canary screen after 2 attempts, first it will render your ROM useless only starting at bootloader screen and will not go further but runing the 'SAP137.exe' again will do the trick, maybe my SAP has a different hardware than yours :)

Is it true that with this QTEK ROM, mas maganda ang power management ng phone and battery can last for 2 days?  

Ahh now i really want to downgrade my phone :) Wala ba sa inyong pwedeng tumulong or kahit if I have to pay the service. I can do it by myself kaso, I dont know kung kanino ako pwedeng kumuha nung bootloader na http://smartphone.MoDaCo.com/viewtopic.php?t=2628>0.98  :?

i have the eurotel rom and my battery life is longer...lasts me almosts 2 days compared to less than a day before.

Guest dinoalbert

mar,

So how did you do it? Just simply run the SAP137 file on your Smart 1.5 rom (on the canary screen) to get downgrade the rom and the bootloader 0.98?

Guest Jassper23

i have the eurotel rom and my battery life is longer...lasts me almosts 2 days compared to less than a day before.

you mean mas matagal kesa qtek rom?