Qtek ROM 1.50.9.1

Guest spv_dman

Guest dinoalbert

@T0722

I thought you said earlier that with Eurotel, the annoying sound is still

there when entering a name?

i tried the eurotel....it still has the sound when i create new message. ano ba mas ok the qtek or eurotel? i don't use t9 din naman kasi. qtek is the manufacturer right? so what network is it configured to?
the sound when entering the name in messages is gone in eurotel.

Guest schadow1

To those who have upgraded to Eurotel without restoring their previous IPSM folder, could someone please send me a copy of your mst9.udb file. It is the supposed database for T9. It is found at

IPSMApplication DataSystemmst9.udb

I lost mine.

Thanks for any help you can extend.

Guest gladel

is the eurotel update really safe to install although i'm using smart as my network provider (no prob in signal, battery life, etc...)? also, is the bootup screen changed (eg. smart simply amazing-thing)?

when you switch to silent, then go back to normal the ding will disappear. but when you go to the loud profile, it will go back. just have to go to the silent again and back to normal.

@T0722

I thought you said earlier that with Eurotel, the annoying sound is still

there when entering a name?

Guest spv_dman
when you switch to silent, then go back to normal the ding will disappear.   but when you go to the loud profile, it will go back. just have to go to the silent again and back to normal.

Great! I tried it too using qtek. The ding is gone! You're right you have to change to silent profile but have to "simulate" the ding by creating a message then adding contact using action button before going back to normal profile. I rebooted my phone still no ding! :)

I tried selecting silent (not exiting the profile menu) then select normal again didn't worked, Have to do the "ding simulation" before going to normal to remove it. And never go back to loud profile else it will come back :roll:

Maybe this will work in all ROMS not just qtek and eurotel. Anyone who has the smart rom please try this out. 8)

Guest mjinglis

I can't seem to install it, it comes up with a page saying "your smartphone model must be smartphone and beyond".

anyone know how to get round this?

Guest schadow1

To those who have upgraded to Eurotel without restoring their previous IPSM folder, could someone please attach me a copy of your mst9.udb file. It is the supposed database for T9. It is found at

IPSMApplication DataSystemmst9.udb

I lost mine.

Thanks for any help you kind ppl can extend.

So let me see if i can get this straight. First i'll back up my ipsm by going to explore in activesync and just copy/paste the ipsm directory and its contents into my pc, then I run the eurotel update and when that's done just copy paste my ipsm from the pc to the phone? Did I get that right?

Guest D2R_Russel

Anyone in mindanao with a sd card with .99 or .98 bootloader in it?? preferably DAVAO Really need it peeps!! Halos lahat na lumabas na bagong SPV dito is already on 1.04 btloader & ROM 1.50! cant go anywhere on updates!! BTW, if there are other ways to upgrade to other ROMS with a 1.04 pls post it.=_) Maybe the big time programmers could make a pc app of a bootloader changer..dont you think? no more hassles of using SD cards, downgrades, etc.

Guest mar9118
can no-one help me????

i get a message saying you smartphone must be smartphone version or higher and won't let me install it.

Check your ROM version, if your phone is running Smart ROM version 1.5.0.28 then you have to first downgrade to ROM version 1.3.7.8 to be able to upgrade to Qtek or Eurotel ROM, please note that you can only Upgrade or Downgrade to a ROM version fom another provider via the canary or bootloader screen.

Guest sweetyls

i tried updating from the tricolor bootloader, and the screen changed into a blank white screen. been waiting for it for 20 mins. is that normal?

Guest mar9118
i tried updating from the tricolor bootloader, and the screen changed into a blank white screen. been waiting for it for 20 mins. is that normal?

Cancel the update...but don't panic your phone will now only start with the bootloader screen and will not function at all, run the update again and it should go on fine.

Guest spv_dman

@sweetyls

When your screen went blank, do u see a progress bar/ percent completion just like whats reflected in your pc? If so, this is ok, the update will take 20+ minutes to complete :)

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Guest mar9118
@sweetyls

When your screen went blank, do u see a progress bar/ percent completion just like whats reflected in your pc? If so, this is ok, the update will take 20+ minutes to complete  :)  

Posted from my SmartPhone!

Thanks for the additional info, but sweetyls did mentioned blank white screen so I assumed it was the same as what happened to my phone when I downgraded the ROM from Smart 1.5.0.28 to 1.3.7.8 :arrow: it just got stuck with a blank white screen and my PC still indicated that it is trying to get information from my phone, I stopped the running application from Windows task manager (not Smartphone) and restart the phone but the phone just goes to the bootloader canary screen and stays there....but after running again the update program went thru OK ;)