Delivery Reports as Default?

Guest ambro

Guest ambro

Hi there,

just wondering if any1 knows how to turn on the delivery reports on sending a message to always on instead of turning it on every time before you send a message....

Ambro

Guest ambro

i've seen the registry key for it, however its protected again cant change the value.....

its set to "2" which probably means off by default

ahh well nm =)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fozzie

Just tried it and get the same as you.

I'm not sure this is the right key - I wouldn't have expected to find it buried beneath security policies etc. but then hey, who knows? :)

Guest kyrkesmith

Btw, you CAN set delivery reports to default for MMS by changing the DeliveryReport value in HKCUSoftwareEZOSEzWAPv25OptsOrange MMS to 1 from 0.

EUROTEL

----------

The Eurotel rom update has option for "REQUEST SMS TEXT MESSAGE NOTIFICATION" (as well as fixed word counter.)

After starting new txt message goto "menu" then "message options".

Not sure if this is completely new feature to this rom so sorry if not relevant

:)

Guest kyrkesmith

Nah, this is in previous ROMs. What we're looking for is the ability to make this On by default, without having to check it for each individual message.

Guest badboy4life

could it be worth looking at this key:hkey_current_user/software/microsoft/sms/status

It doesn't have any values under it but wondering if a value needs to be added.

Guest kyrkesmith

I've tried a couple of Values, to no avail. Looking at the other Keys in this SMS key, I don't think this is what we are looking for.

However, make your suggestions for possible Values to test, and I'll give them a try. I'm of the opinion that if it's anything, it will be a DWORD we're looking for.

• 4 weeks later...

which 'dudes' at orange did you speak to?

how much of the OS intricacies do Orange actually know?

I think MS division who built the phone software are most likely to know.

Personaly, I do reckon that it is in there somewhere.

pisquee : much like the caller id settings, which are controlled by the network, some telcos can set message delivery reports always on at there end. Theres a business mobile solutions provider a mate works for that I know do that, thats why I asked Orange. They say they cant, tis all, was just sharing.