So i bought a 3 phone...

Guest Monolithix

Guest karmapolice

I to got that email this morning....I just spoke to a girl at Phone4u and was told that they do have stock but there all allocated and if you recieved that email its safe to say that you've got one... :)

I just rung to cancel mine as i price matched and didn't fancy having 2! They told me to email them yesterday so I did and confirmed it via phone this morning!

The Carphone Warehouse, took in a screenshot printed out, I rang in advance to confirm they would match it (although others have had problems, The Link seems a better bet). I went into the store and the first sales assistant said they couldn't match web deals so I said that i had just spoken to a store member over the phone who said i could and i got passed onto that person who put it through for me!

P.S. How big are the 3 contract forms! :)

Guest Martin@Home
I to got that email this morning....I just spoke to a girl at Phone4u and was told that they do have stock but there all allocated and if you recieved that email its safe to say that you've got one...   :)

WooHoo ! Expecting a phonecall today then !!! :o :P :( :lol:

PS Is that the paranoid android sleeve as your avatar ?

Guest vijay555

can someone tell me: apart from the geek factor, are these things good for anything. i'm craving for one, but that's the "me-too" in me.

But, can it play mps, what kinda storage, what kinda photos, any free sms, any free minutes in the PAYG?

You're all getting one, but what for?

It'll be scratching up my shiny e100 even if i could fit it in my pocket!

I do want one, just tell me why!

V

Guest The Futures Bright

So basically they are useless toys unless you wish to pay more for calls on top of your Orange contract?

I'd rather get one for £25 a month and get 500 mins of calls a month to any network i think, now, when is my Orange contract up? :mrgreen:

Guest vijay555

it says expandable mem. i mean, it'd be nice to stick it in the car as a cheap wma/mp3 player, and £10 is the price of headphones now a days, but still, have to throttle back, spv 2 coming soon :wink:

Nah, i love my e100, truly i do..

V

anyone got more reasons why i should shell out my hard earned cash :)

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Heh, ok

Expandable memory: No

Bluetooth: No

Sorry guys.

But, it does have 64 meg of internal storage. But I whacked 24 meg of my SPV'd wma's on and it took up 14 of 100 "slots". So you do the maths...

Theres also the £10 free content a month for 3 months, fun to play with, and you can mess around with videocalling a bit....

Also, to put the cost of video calling into perspecitve. On Orange, 1 MMS is ~42p (or similar). That gets you 1 picture, 1 small audio clip and one snippet of text. For approximately the same cost on 3, you get about a minute of streaming, realtime video and audio, and you can take a snapshot and email it on later. I know which i'd rather spend my cash on :)

Also the call charges at peak time are cheaper on my 3 contract than my Orange contract...

Guest toadvox

I got two from CPW yesterday evening. Printed out the form from Phone4U but they didn't even want to see it. They said they knew about the deal and just priced matched! Nice.

Here's a couple of forums to take a look at if you havent already! People are trying to find a way to hack the PC transfer software etc to upload Java stuff via the PC. The Aussies seem to know a lot more than we do about them! Maybe some of you cleve bods can figure out how to make these things pay for themselves!! :-)

www.3gwhizz.com

www.aussie3g.com

Can any one post a screenie or copy of a print out (pre sold out notification) as i dont think anyone will price match if theres no stock :/ MUCH appreciated...

Guest karmapolice

Yeah a print out of the £9.99 offer would be cool...iam gonna try a few CPW to price match tomorrow...anyone know off a CPW in London that does?

cheers people

Karmapolice

Guest Simon Desser

I felt a bit left out, so I just went to CPW and got one. It was the last one they had in the branch. I asked the guy to price match, and showed him the print out, but he said they won't price match websites :P

Luckily I had their "Price Promise" ripped out from their brochure and told him that it says in here you do 8)

QUOTE " We also match bona fide prices offered through online website retailers or telephone retailers up to a maximum of £50.00"

So what could he do? he gave it me for £9.99 :o

I asked him if I could pay the £9.99 on Interest Free Credit and he fell off his stool :)

Guest Simon Desser
Did he give you the Bo**ox "We cant match the price cos Phone4u dont have it in stock" ?

Nope :) He just wanted to go home :o

I've been asked for the printout from the phone4u website which I think I left in the shop :oops:

I might have one at work tomorrow :?:

But, this should help, here's a copy of CPW receipt which clearly shows they sold it me for £9.99 with a £40.00 discount :P

NEC E808 Receipt.jpg

Guest karmapolice

Cool...thanks man..iam gonna go into CPW armed with that reciept and get me a Nec 808 for £9.99.

By the way whats the phone like are you happy with it ?

cheers

Karmapolice