So i bought a 3 phone...

Guest Monolithix

Guest tomdbomb61

hey all, ive got an spv e100, and am interested in gettin one of these cheap 3 mobiles purely for video camera functions. how good are these on the e808?

thanks tom

Has anyone tried to sell an e808 on ebay? Do the guys that are giving away phones as presents realise that they remain liable for call charges as it is their direct debit details which are on 3's database?

Anyone know how to get round this?

Dan

Guest Firaas
Has anyone tried to sell an e808 on ebay? Do the guys that are giving away phones as presents realise that they remain liable for call charges as it is their direct debit details which are on 3's database?

Anyone know how to get round this?

Dan

Most on ebay are being sold sim-free.

Unfortunately buyers aren't realising that they can't use standards sim cards, and that "SIM FREE" doesn't mean "UNLOCKED".

Guest Firaas
hey all, ive got an spv e100, and am interested in gettin one of these cheap 3 mobiles purely for video camera functions.  how good are these on the e808?

thanks tom

The video camera only lets you take 12 second bursts of video, so it's quite crap just as a video cam.

Its only good for short clips as Firaas says (thought i'd respond Firaas! How did u know that if you don't even own one yet! :)) Anyway they are a good toy for a tenner! Go get one!

Guest Firaas
Its only good for short clips as Firaas says (thought i'd respond Firaas! How did u know that if you don;t even own one yet! :)) Anyway they are a good toy for a tenner! Go get one!

OK ok, Brody wrote that reply :|

Guest tomdbomb61

yeh i can get one from carphonewarehouse.co.uk., by ringin them direct, but they r £50!?!?

i could do with a second phone, as i have 2x2G sims. but will these 3g phones ever be able to b unlocked 2 accept say my orange contract sim!?

thanks tom

Guest casper508

After a whole day of PRICE MATCHING ive come home empty handed. Tried The Link, CPW and Phones 4 U.

The Link said they wont price match any WEB offers !!

CPW wanted proof that they are still in stock at phone4u.co.uk which they found they werent so they refused to price match.

Phones 4 U didnt have any in stock . :) :o :P

Cas

Guest stevewright

Got mine ordered from Carphonewarehouse in Halesowen near Birmingham on Friday. Showed them the Phone4u printout, and paid my £10!

I reckon smaller, more 'local' stores are less likely to have bothered reading the nationwide emails saying not to match that offer....

Woo hoo!

Guest idavid

ended up biting the bullet and got one today for 50 quid... now i've got to convince someone i know to get one... :)

big blighters arent they?

how long do you need to charge the battery for the first time?

Guest stevewright

Actually holding it in my hands! Only taken about a weeks worth of wheeling and dealing...

Now (when the battery's charged) to find someone to call....

Guest idavid

err... i called them and they said they didnt have any stock. and they havent had any for 3 weeks. if you ordered by internet its probably worth giving them a call. :?

Guest casper508

I've been totally put off now. All my price matching efforts have ended in vain. I’m definitely not paying more than a tenner for something this hideous.

And now after looking at the e808y...bloody gameboy!!

I think ill let this go unless someone comes up with a 10 quid offer again.

Cas

• 2 weeks later...
Guest capt_janeway

Got my e808y - it's massive! Even bigger than my Palm m130.

Screen looks nice though and QWERTY keypad is useful but a bit fiddly

Any how - just playing now so will try and update