So i bought a 3 phone...

Guest Monolithix

I got my 808 yesterday lunchtime. It's big, but nice screen. Keyboard will take some getting used to. At the moment I'm still quicker using T9. (Even on the SPV!)

I tried downloading some pictures from my PC, but it said most of them were too large. And the one it would let me send to the phone, is then apparently too big to use as wallpaper. Weird. You wouldn't get that with an SPV. (Assumming you've spent extra on an SD card and IA Album of course)

The "free" online services aren't worth having. Any video content costs 50p a shot. And so far, I can't get it to pick up my orange.net email. (If anyone can help with tis I'd be grateful 8) )

So, all in all, it'll do for a while to play with. It's not as good as my SPV, and will never replace it as my every day phone. The only advantage it's got is 10p text messages compared to Orange's 12p

Ah well...

I have a Contract phone (SPV) and a PAYG for texting. (Some things you don't want to appear on a monthly bill :wink: It's the Ericsson here)

Then there's the other one, but that has Orange "Outhere" on it, so that gets me 5 free a day. I used to top that up with £50 at a time to get texts for 5p, but they've stopped that now.

PAYG texts are 12p on Orange but 10p on Three

Guest pisquee

Alot of stores online reporting them as out of stock, and not due to be getting any new stock, but mobileshop.com has the e808y for 49.99 on the 3togo offer

Directmobilephones.com when they did have them instock, were selling them at same price, but with a free portable minidisc player ... shame they are out of stock!