1.5 for the UK - an update from Orange

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest morpheus2702
I HAVE however raised it with Orange at the highest level, and hope to be able to post an official response soon...

What did Dylan say?

Sweet! Look forward to a release! If only my name was green for another reason :)

I think its great that the Mods are being allowed to test it as well, Orange are really recognising this forum now, what with the e100 prizes and this... :o

Guest Pagemakers
Waiting for a list of fixes now.

They include a fully working SMS counter and ringtones on the SD card though.

I await your response with bated breath.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

OK, no full list available yet (we're still using a prerelease, not the "final" final version). The minute the fix-list becomes available it will be posted on the site.

Guest vijay555

Hark at Richie, information minister! :wink:

Great news boys.. anyone got anything on battery life -i'm telling you for a fact that qtek is MUCH better than e100 1.5.

Oh, and midnight's led notification hack in rom would be very useful i think. Should be default.

V

Guest ClintEastman

I was half hoping the delay was due to a certain SP2003.

Well it’s good to hear that we (MoDaCo) have made it into the Orange loop anyway!

I look forward to a fiddle at the meet (and a go on the phone too)!! :o :)

Guest drblow

Paul - cheers for the inside info!

It's always good to see that Orange are taking more interest in the modaco community - it's not what you know, it's WHO you know - you know??!! 8)

I understand if you can't give us any more details - I'm just wondering if you have done the OTA decert after installing the update - & if so, did it remember you details (IMEA no. etc)??

Hope you can enlighten me. Cheers! :wink:

I don't suppose they've fixed:

1) In T9, the ability to select a different word having already pressed space

2) Holding down a key in either T9 or multitap to insert a number

3) Phone returning to the homescreen when keylocked after a call

?

The phone would be near enough perfect with these fixes....

Guest Pagemakers

err and these:

Fix the GPRS dialling problems

Delete all inbox items (SMS & Emails)

Fix SMS counter

Multiple email accounts

Full phone backup facility

Alarm icon on Today screen

Better battery life

SAME numbered shortcuts on all menus

Always remember saved T9 words

Faster operation & less lockups

Like the others, I must congratulate Orange for having the wisdom to use MoDaCo experts to test the software release. If anyone can come up a definative list of fault, errors & bugs, they can.

One question, its was posted - 'OK, no full list available yet (we're still using a prerelease, not the "final" final version)' When the final release comes will it be a different version number?

Cheers Paul, can you tell us what the file size of the upgrade is at the moment? Wondering if it will be a site download or an online Orange Upgrade?

Guest Simon Desser

When I tried the UK 1.5 E100 ROM, when I call a contact, instead of displaying "Calling" and the contact's name, it shows "Calling" and the number. (This glitch still remains when I went back to 1.3X ROM but didn't do it before 1.5 :shock:)

Has this been fixed :?:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.