1.5 for the UK - an update from Orange

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ***merlin***
a little help!

just installed the update --aftera four day hike... excited to find one...  but apperntly my computer now cant find my phone when i "explore" on active sync. it turns green alrigh , just not explore..and i really want my apps and stuff back!

is it just me being silly ? :oops:  

any help would be ace!

HbP

Hi mate, i had that briefly as well, it worked in the end without restarting. All i did was take it in and out of the cradle a few times, and it seemed to work, all is fine now......try restarting you computer with the phone plugged in.....it worked last itme i had an 'issue'.....hope this helps

Guest hellboundpeanut

i'm just gonna have to try restarting, ill restart the phone a couple of times first though. .

my computer hates restarting :) :x

HbP

Guest pierre

I got ROM: 1.5.0.3

Microsoft: 3.0.13037.0

Has there been a newer/better version since then (except this unofficial one wich I'm a bit suspicious about given the experience lots of you have gone through)

Basically I got lots of Radio' problem with my Tanager (SPV is fine); am so fed up I want to bring it back, but thought maybe an update could fix it..?

Guest hellboundpeanut

probly best to wait for 1.6 ?

has anyone else had the problems with this update..

calls only show as numbers not names + predictive text on drugs and can no longer spell anything ?

cheers

HbP

Guest ***merlin***

My version is.... 1.50.5.11

run the outlook contact formatter to correct the caller display, i had a few probs but that little prog sorted it :)

As for the predictive text, ive got the eurtel update and it is a bit random, some words spell ok and some you have to scoll through, however even with this slight draw back i feel it is still worth having as its made my phone work alot better and my battery seems to last longer that 12 hours now!!!!

Guest iangray

Just downloaded the Eurotell and upgraded my Orange SPV, thanks for advice to upgrade from the Canary screen and also the GPRS MMS settings which can be found elsewhere at Modaco. Beware everything is erased on the phone. Too early to feedback on the upgrade, but already slightly disapointed as there still is no explorer, although you can email pictures now without using an explorer, still can not send contact details via sms, and voice activated dialing is still not available which I consider essential for handsfree when driving the Car. But if it is faster and the battery lasts longer then any improvement is welcome.

Does enyone know of third party products to do voice activated dialing and contact via sms.

Guest blewer

Voice activated dialing look "HERE"

It gets better the more you use it by the way, so keep trying! :)

Contact sender is not available yet, but someone is working on it as we speak, so keep watching this forum!

Adam

Well done Blewer.

I installed the Voice activated Software yesterday evening and couldnt put it down.

I couldnt believe it didnt need programming via voice (no pun intended ect).

Its an incredible bit of kit when u consider its all done automatically straight after installation.

The female computer voice prompt is both refreshing, reasuring and damn cool!!.

The fact that the response for name(s) pronounciation is exceptably accurate from the off; one can instantly see the beginings of a very powerful addon to anyones spv.

Well done for finding it (are u on there payrole....? :wink: )

I wish I was on the payrole. :)

Yes the application is really good. At first I tried it and I seemed to get all the wrong names coming up. But once you have dialled the right number and said "YES", it stores your voice for next time.

Well worth the investment. Or at least a free go at the trial

Hi guys,

I tried and tried to install this new update on my old SPV, but no way... The message says it's an invalid smartphone with some Error 117. :shock:

Anyone had this or knows what problem this might be?

"]Woah, calm down on the font there dude!

Switch to bootloader mode (power button and voice memo key to turn on), and try again :)

P

Cool u were here at the rite time;)

Amazin how a big problems is solved so easily. Now I just wish myself good luck for a better network' search

Getting impatient waiting for the Orange official 1.6.......yawn...

Wishing there was even a fart noise or similar coming out the backside of Orange.....JUST a sign ............

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.