JAVA AND GAMES + MITAC DOWNLOADS?

Guest kingdom master

Guest kingdom master

having been away i missed alot of this stuff. all the links ive found dont work for the downloads anymore.

ive read through the posts on it but cant seem to understand it can any post a step by step download and setup. and make available the downloads please?

also does this mean we can run some of the games that r on the t720i and 7210 etc...

thanks kingdom

Guest kingdom master

in that case modaco infrindge copyright by allowing such downloads to occur on the site knowing all the software was copyrighted even where it was available to download

Guest spacemonkey

Not quite, a discussion started on the topic of various free downloads available on the Mitac site. Although there may have been some questions about the legality of these downloads, they are not obviously illegal and were not hosted on a "pirate" site.

Mitac has now chosen to remove those downloads. As the downloads are Mitac's intellectual property (or sub licensed by Mitac) we are not within our rights to post those files anywhere else.

It would be a completely different story if I posted a link saying get the new mitac games from www.dodgywarez.com

in that case MoDaCo infrindge copyright by allowing such downloads to occur on the site knowing all the software was copyrighted even where it was available to download

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Difficult area. Just because its "free", doesn't mean you can hand it out. You have been given a free license, you don't actually own the app.

I thought some of the Mitac apps were full versions though?

Guest Martin@Home
It would be a completely different story if I posted a link saying get the new mitac games from www.dodgywarez.com

Cool! Have just downloaded all the MITAC stuff from your link spacemonkey!! Thanks mate

Guest spacemonkey

As far as I can tell the Mitac games are all shareware except Metal Strike.

However this doesn't mean that we can distribute them. There is no clear license distributed with them so even though they "look" like shareware, ie ending after 5 levels or whatever, legally they are a piece of software. With no clear license statement, we can't distribute them.

The games (other than Metal Strike) are all by www.feather-snake.com if you look at their site they have other versions of these games with demos available for pocket pc and symbian. Keep an eye on their site, hopefully they'll put the demo versions for smartphone up soon.

Guest gladel

huh?? have you ever been to a forum, mate..? if i'm not mistaken, this is an open forum discussion of everything about the windows powered smartphone, isn't not? and pirated software as well as piracy and pirating is concerned, is also included in the topics which will result to sharing of files.

i can bear with you and that's easy to understand, if you understood, that you should avoid posting attachments if you are really concerned of sharing software, pirated or not. better yet for the moderators to remove an add attachment button from this forum to avoid piracy so that we can get along...

Guest dinoalbert

@gladel,

huh?? have you ever been to a forum, mate..? if i'm not mistaken, this is an open forum discussion of everything about the windows powered smartphone, isn't not? and pirated software as well as piracy and pirating is concerned, is also included in the topics which will result to sharing of files.  

i can bear with you and that's easy to understand, if you understood, that you should avoid posting attachments if you are really concerned of sharing software, pirated or not. better yet for the moderators to remove an add attachment button from this forum to avoid piracy so that we can get along...

oh yes I have been to forums and there are different kinds of forum for different kinds of people....not all forums are the same, pre! Each forum has its own rules for members to follow! Now questions: Have YOU ever been to a forum, mate? Have you tried reading their rules before joining or posting anything? So did you read the rules of this forum??? :shock:

here's for you:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=1181

Modaco, as well as our local PinoySmartphone and PinoyPocketPC, does not allow sharing of softwares that are supposed to be bought from the hard-working software developers. It is piracy and it is a form of stealing. Have you ever bought a software? Have you read the eula?

Well you can share freewares though. But NOT ALL. And NOT ALL forum are the same!

Guest gladel

i've got my fair share of greens buying original and certified software. don't try counting! i'm proud of that because it's my hard-earned dough that's leaving my hand. now let me ask you back, are your hands that clean? your software stuffed in your hard drive (or smartphone) already too good for ya? i obviously don't think so, bud.

sheesh, eula is nothing but a text file written to cover your conscience back. what do you think your doing behind..?

some people got what they want, others don't and they want it to. most don't want to share because they want to keep it just for themselves to make 'em unique, isn't it?

that's real, MATE.

Guest dinoalbert

If that is your outlook in life then go ahead and enjoy.

But you should remember you are in Modaco and since you join here then dont you think you should also respect Modaco's rules????

I was asking you but you seem to ignore it...did you read this:

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=1181

:?:

from your last post, you seem to ignore and oppose that post by the forum owner/moderator himself yet you enjoy learning stuffs for your smartphone here.

look, I dont want to argue with you if you want to share files, pirate softwares...thast your life okay. I am talking about the FORUM RULES! You are here in Modaco. I am just reminding you of the rules of Modaco. There might be other forums there that allow piracy...do your stuffs there. Do it in the right place pre. As I have said, not all forums are the same. You cant just barge in here and oppose the rules. RESPECT.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

gladel:

We provide the attachments feature as service to the members of this forum. In doing so we ask the users to respect our forum rules.

Regardless of the ethics software piracy is illegal, and due to our relationship with software developers, Microsoft and Orange on this forum we will remove any posts blatantly promoting piracy, instructions and links on how to do so, and the offending users will be warned.

Guest gladel

no issue here on, but if you read my questions i was merely asking if they still got those downloads. that's all you need to know and thats all what i wanted to ask. i've understood your rules already before registering here at modaco and respected them (especially mvp!). a little friendly 'no' should have been taken as an answer beforehand and not some "sense-of-humor-is-wasted-on-some-people-thingy" (what if you were the one given with this kind of answer??)

i truly understand, but at least what i'm implicating are the "real" events in piracy. anyway hope you understood me, too. no hard feelings then, mates!

for martin@home: have you ever tried a shellfish? hope it didn't have a bad taste in your mouth... ciao!

Guest Martin@Home

Erm......

The "sense of humour wasted" thingy was to do with you missing the point of my sarcastic "Cool! Have just downloaded all the MITAC stuff from your link......." comment. I wondered if anyone would be daft enough to actually try following the link that spacemonkey left and you obviously did haha ! :) ;) :D

I'm also obviously missing something as regards the "shellfish" thing :?

Please explain this as the word shellfish doesn't actually appear in any of my posts in this thread ! :? :?

There's no need to be a silly little girl and throw all your toys out of the pram now is there :wink:

erm ciao to you to