Screen Changer Tool v2.0!!

Guest moomoomoo

Guest moomoomoo

Well, I've worked for a few days solidly to bring the version up to 2.0. There are now a few new features that are quite interesting, and on my side the code is cleaner. Well, slightly. I haven't tested it all, so if you find any bugs please reply in this thread!! Mwille, I stole your images for a sample, I hope you don't mind :)

If anyone's feeling really kind, I'd apreciate a donation. I've had little sleep the last two nights on account of coding this tool, so I'll probably need some money to pay for therapy. Please please please!

Screen Changer.zip

Screen Changer Shot.JPG

Guest MoRFLeZ

Weee great job... seems to work a treat .. so far! Have just set the start and shutdown screen .. will play with the SPV edition now...

Edited: When I press Copy Screen Changer SPV Edition to Phone - I get success .. run from Accessories .. but I don't see it anywhere...

Guest moomoomoo

umm.. It works for me! Loook again.. It'll be called ScreenChanger. Otherwise, simply copy the exe in the 'spv edition' folder over manually.

Guest MoRFLeZ
Works like a charm for the start up screens but cant seem to get the shutdown screens to change  :)

The shutdown screens only work on some software updates... and it seems like they only work on the new ones, such as I-mate and Qtek update. So chances are that the shutdown screens will work when the new updates in UK and DK arrive...

Ok mate cheers.

A word of warning though, I installed this and a game called Worm and i dont know which one caused this but i turned my phone off and on when i woke up today and it totally reset itself. Certified itself and ive lost all my settings :)

Guest MoRFLeZ
Ok mate cheers.

A word of warning though, I installed this and a game called Worm and i dont know which one caused this but i turned my phone off and on when i woke up today and it totally reset itself. Certified itself and ive lost all my settings   :)

That is a known feature of the SPV .. especially if you install a lot of programs without restarting .. or if your registry is just a wee bit corrupt! Chances are REALLY good ... that the next time you install this or Worm .. you won't have any problems at all...

This thing is great! Unfortunatly the shutdown doesn't work on my SPV with 1.5 ( NL ) :)

But lets hope Orange in the Netherlands is going to be fast with the update :wink:

Guest mwille
This thing is great! Unfortunatly the shutdown doesn't work on my SPV with 1.5 ( NL )  ;)  

But lets hope Orange in the Netherlands is going to be fast with the update  :wink:

Hey, a fellow dutchie :)

Don't count on Orange NL being quick with this (or any) update...

I'm gonna go ahead and install the UK 1.6 when it becomes available :twisted:

Guest moomoomoo

check out the other threads in this customisation forum, there are plenty available!check out the other threads in this customisation forum, there are plenty available!

Guest TheCardinal

If the phone is not connected, and you set the screen there is a runtime error. :) But its just a small one ;)

a feature suggestion.

putting the graphic files on a subfolder for neatness (ex. IPSMmyScreen)

the preview screen should display the current screen that is on the phone.

detect the height and width of the selected picture before copying to the phone.

if thats a hazzle, will i can live without it. :D

The tool is a wonder now. on my part it RULES!!! I love to get my hands on it to start learning more on RAPI. :lol:

dark_angel check this out

http://smartphone.modaco.com/viewtopic.php?t=89520

Guest Hanukkah

Thanks for the tool. All I can say is... v2.0 is working well with Eurotel 1.50.11 Rom upgrade... Both startup 1 and 2, also shutdown 1 and 2. Only bug i saw was that when I tried to backup the original startup and shutdown, the backup files were corrupted. Hope this gets ironed out... but out of 5 stars, this soft (for me) gets 4 stars. =)

Guest Hanukkah
Thanks for the kind words guys! Hanukkah, I don't have a clue what you mean, are you refering to the 'restore a backup' feature?

I meant when I tried to view the backed up startup and shutdown screens, the program crashes. Anyway good job.