MiTAC Mio 8380 / $600: Winner chosen!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest siu99spj

Mono: Its because we will reach the required number of recipients for the survey quicker for when the draw is done. If fewer Modaco people have done the compo (i.e. Loads of non-Modaco people), fewer people in the draw, greater chance of winning.

Darn you quick responding Paul!

At least I have no worries about winning, best thing I've ever won has been a £14 car charger for the SPV. And thats in my entire life :cry:

Guest Pixeled
I had a page reviewing my Smartphone.  The next page asked me when I was going to buy a Smartphone????  

Thought that was wierd

Yeah that was really weird indeed :)

Also on that page you get this questions:

Availability of a specific application

Lower Price of SmartPhone    

Lower Price Monthly Service    

Waiting for friends or associates to try it    

Waiting for company to make a decision    

Waiting for product to mature    

Availability of a specific application

Need to sync to corporate e-mail    

Need to do instant messaging    

Availability of a specific application - Please indicate below

Odd :roll:

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Yeah i was wondering about the "availablity of a specific application". Have Orange/MS got something we don't know about in store for us? :)

Guest nickcornaglia

Should have been the last question before the submit button.

FOR FORUM MEMBERS: In order to be eligible for the drawing, you must enter your Forum ID in this box:

ID =

I don't see how you could win if the survey isn't registered to you. :? Try it again!

Guest Greywolf_Ghost

Well I finished , but then I had a thought.

I am from Canada....can a Canadian win??

Just curious because Canada for the most part is a Smartphone free zone.

Rogers AT&T is looking into adding smartphones, but that is still 6 months to a year away.

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

Just to further clarify, that means none-forum members too. So getting your non-modaco mates to fill out the survey will not increase you odd's of winning.

Guest nickcornaglia
Just to further clarify, that means none-forum members too.  So getting your non-MoDaCo mates to fill out the survey will not increase you odd's of winning.

Hmmm....Then this is not a Modaco exclusive contest?

Dude...tell your friends not to enter! They're lessening my chances of winning! :)

Guest cepheus1

Sorry, but I'm not convinced those repeat questions are there by design - it was put together by a moron that didn't take the time to complete the questionairre themselves to realise they had F$*&!% UP! Very tardy!

And it wasn't just repeat questions that showed the stupidity of the designer of the questionairre but how, despite the fact I had made clear from the out-set that I had a SPV, I was asked when I was going to buy a SmartPhone!

Poorly designed questionairres really P$%& me off!

Paul - Have a word with the organisation - please! I bail-out of surveys that can't even be bothered to check their own work before asking us to invest our time. $600 prizes don't excuse poorly designed surveys!

Guest cepheus1

Why? They insulted me by presenting me with a poorly designed survey which they thought I wouldn't notice because they were offering money!

Maybe I'm just not so easily bought? :wink:

Guest nickcornaglia

Yes...I withdraw my name from the running as well. Both of my entries, because I am a Plus Member! There's a limit to how easy of a contest I'll participate in! (Just Kidding, I'm still in!). :) I, personally, AM easily bought. If it were written in crayon...I'd still fill out the form. ;)

Maybe there's a reason behind the duplicate questions. Maybe not. Either way it took 1 minute to fill-out and provides them with the data they need.

:?: Did you complete the form or refuse to do so because of it's format?

Guest cepheus1

Well, I was so far in to the survey I thought I may as well complete it just to see how bad it was (for research purposes only of course!) and then get right back to this forum to have a moan! :) LOL

If I win the money I will donate it to my nearest music store (in exchange for CD's and DVD'd to the equivalent value of course!) out of protest at the poorly designed survey! :shock:

Guest mavisdavis

Does that mean we have to fill the form out again.

Also as a new plus member does the form get submitted twice for me or can I fill it in again giving different answers :)